Sound SensitiveJust as with Samuel, may we know the presence of God throughout the day.
Top Music Videos
When the topic turned to religion, Tim asked me, "What exactly is a â€˜conservative Christian' anyway?" Tim's question convicted me. It seems that in the eyes and understanding of many, the body of Christ may be doing a better job stating our moral and political positions than conveying with humility the life-changing message of Romans 3:23-25, "For everyone has sinned; we all fall short of God's glorious standard. Yet God, with undeserved kindness, declares that we are righteous. He did this through Christ Jesus when He freed us from the penalty for our sins. For God presented Jesus as the sacrifice for sin. People are made right with God when they believe that Jesus sacrificed His life, shedding His blood."
How are our words, actions, and attitudes defining our faith and the gift of salvation that we have freely received through God's grace? Are we, believers, free from quarreling and strife? (Isaiah 58:4). Are we helping to set the oppressed free and to care for the poor? (v.7). Has our light for Jesus dispelled the darkness that surrounds us? (v.10). Are we speaking and demonstrating the truth of the gospel in love? (1 Corinthians 13:1).
As followers of Christ, let's ask God to show us how we can lovingly demonstrate what He has done for us and wants to do for all. , Roxanne Robbins, Our Daily Journey.org
CLICK HERE to visit OurDailyJourney.org
- Sound Sensitive - Just as with Samuel, may we know the presence of God throughout the day....read more
- Rich in Good Works - How can you encourage other believers in Jesus to “be rich in good works”?...read more
- What Sets Us Free - Do you ever try to earn points with God?...read more
- Washed - In what ways is God calling you to visibly represent Him to someone else?...read more
- Sweet Music - What things have you been trying to handle without prayer?...read more
- Laughter - How do joy and laughter reveal the heart of God?...read more
- Powerful Patience - How can you trust God more even as you wait on Him?...read more
- Overwhelmed - What has sunk your spirits today?...read more
- Greater - How does the knowledge that God is greater than our storms impact the way you feel?...read more
- Voice of Reason - How do you respond to the rage of others?...read more
- Source of Truth - What does Scripture reveal about the issues on your mind today?...read more
- Little Things - Do you measure yourself and others according to God’s standards or the world’s?...read more
- Jesus the Reconciler - What does it add to your understanding of the cross to recognize that Jesus was enacting your reconciliation with God?...read more
- Tasting Heaven - How can you echo God’s future banquet by inviting diverse guests to your dinner parties?...read more
- Possible - What does it mean for you to know that Jesus is your Shepherd?...read more
- "Follow Me!" - Why are you following Jesus?...read more