LaughterHow do joy and laughter reveal the heart of God?
Top Music Videos
A groom stands at the end of the aisle, transfixed by his beautiful bride in her white, flowing gown. As they exchange their rings and say their marriage vows, the groom thinks to himself, This is too good to be true! In another corner of the world, a nurse places a newborn child in her mother’s arms. As the mom lovingly gazes at the pink face and tiny fingers, she’s filled with joy and wonder.
I believe this is how the disciples felt when their beloved Lord Jesus appeared before them in the upper room. “They stood there in disbelief, filled with joy and wonder” (Luke 24:41). It was too good to be true, but it was true—Jesus was alive. He had risen from the grave!
One of the strongest proofs of the resurrection is the fact that the disciples had a hard time believing it at first. If they had immediately believed that Jesus was risen, we might think that their testimony of the resurrection had been tainted by their deep desire.
It’s true that Jesus died for our sins. He was raised bodily from the dead, and He offers forgiveness and eternal life to every sinner as a free gift. Even though we can be tempted to doubt it at times, its validity is detailed in God’s Word (vv.44-46).
Let’s go and proclaim the reality of Jesus’ resurrection and the good news: “There is forgiveness of sins for all who repent” (v.
Still they stood there in disbelief, filled with joy and wonder (v.41).
How has the Lord shown Himself to be real to you? Who can you share the good news with this week?
- Laughter - How do joy and laughter reveal the heart of God?...read more
- Powerful Patience - How can you trust God more even as you wait on Him?...read more
- Overwhelmed - What has sunk your spirits today?...read more
- Greater - How does the knowledge that God is greater than our storms impact the way you feel?...read more
- Voice of Reason - How do you respond to the rage of others?...read more
- Source of Truth - What does Scripture reveal about the issues on your mind today?...read more
- Little Things - Do you measure yourself and others according to God’s standards or the world’s?...read more
- Jesus the Reconciler - What does it add to your understanding of the cross to recognize that Jesus was enacting your reconciliation with God?...read more
- Tasting Heaven - How can you echo God’s future banquet by inviting diverse guests to your dinner parties?...read more
- Possible - What does it mean for you to know that Jesus is your Shepherd?...read more
- "Follow Me!" - Why are you following Jesus?...read more
- Here’s Hope - Why do we sometimes keep our struggles to ourselves?...read more
- Is Jesus Enough? - How do you react when you see injustice in the world, or when circumstances are against you and God seems to be silent?...read more
- Greater Work - What life experience has most challenged your understanding of prayer?...read more
- Awe - Where and when do you find yourself most in awe of God?...read more
- Purpose - How does the apostle Paul’s life demonstrate God’s “purpose” to you?...read more