Connecting the DotsWhat good work is God doing in your life?
Top Music Videos
A groom stands at the end of the aisle, transfixed by his beautiful bride in her white, flowing gown. As they exchange their rings and say their marriage vows, the groom thinks to himself, This is too good to be true! In another corner of the world, a nurse places a newborn child in her mother’s arms. As the mom lovingly gazes at the pink face and tiny fingers, she’s filled with joy and wonder.
I believe this is how the disciples felt when their beloved Lord Jesus appeared before them in the upper room. “They stood there in disbelief, filled with joy and wonder” (Luke 24:41). It was too good to be true, but it was true—Jesus was alive. He had risen from the grave!
One of the strongest proofs of the resurrection is the fact that the disciples had a hard time believing it at first. If they had immediately believed that Jesus was risen, we might think that their testimony of the resurrection had been tainted by their deep desire.
It’s true that Jesus died for our sins. He was raised bodily from the dead, and He offers forgiveness and eternal life to every sinner as a free gift. Even though we can be tempted to doubt it at times, its validity is detailed in God’s Word (vv.44-46).
Let’s go and proclaim the reality of Jesus’ resurrection and the good news: “There is forgiveness of sins for all who repent” (v.
Still they stood there in disbelief, filled with joy and wonder (v.41).
How has the Lord shown Himself to be real to you? Who can you share the good news with this week?
- Connecting the Dots - What good work is God doing in your life?...read more
- Responding to Suffering - How do you feel when your life is interrupted by suffering and adversity?...read more
- Laying Our Lives Down - How has Jesus’ example inspired you to freely give of yourself?...read more
- "Brutiful" - How has God worked in “brutiful” ways in your life?...read more
- The First Day—Again - How does Jesus’ resurrection infuse you with fresh hope?...read more
- Clueless at the Light - What would others say about my influence on them?...read more
- Stinging Words - How have you experienced emotional or spiritual captivity?...read more
- Everyone Has a Story - Who needs you to listen to them? Make time for them today....read more
- Gateway of Hope - How has the rough stuff of your life kept you from hoping in God?...read more
- Philip Flunked - What specific truth about God could help you with a problem you’re currently facing?...read more
- Source of All Life - Every blessing comes from God....read more
- Trapped in Sin - How can you be set free and made right with God?...read more
- Hope Beyond Discouragement - How will you point others to the Source of Hope today?...read more
- Play Your Part - How can you encourage others to fulfill their calling?...read more
- Broken Community - How do we live out holiness without becoming judgmental of others?...read more
- Giving Out Love - How has God provided for you and those you love?...read more