Top Christian Music Videos
A groom stands at the end of the aisle, transfixed by his beautiful bride in her white, flowing gown. As they exchange their rings and say their marriage vows, the groom thinks to himself, This is too good to be true! In another corner of the world, a nurse places a newborn child in her mother’s arms. As the mom lovingly gazes at the pink face and tiny fingers, she’s filled with joy and wonder.
I believe this is how the disciples felt when their beloved Lord Jesus appeared before them in the upper room. “They stood there in disbelief, filled with joy and wonder” (Luke 24:41). It was too good to be true, but it was true—Jesus was alive. He had risen from the grave!
One of the strongest proofs of the resurrection is the fact that the disciples had a hard time believing it at first. If they had immediately believed that Jesus was risen, we might think that their testimony of the resurrection had been tainted by their deep desire.
It’s true that Jesus died for our sins. He was raised bodily from the dead, and He offers forgiveness and eternal life to every sinner as a free gift. Even though we can be tempted to doubt it at times, its validity is detailed in God’s Word (vv.44-46).
Let’s go and proclaim the reality of Jesus’ resurrection and the good news: “There is forgiveness of sins for all who repent” (v.
Still they stood there in disbelief, filled with joy and wonder (v.41).
How has the Lord shown Himself to be real to you? Who can you share the good news with this week?
- Love in Action - How can you show Christ’s love to someone in need with both your words and your actions?...read more
- Generous Hearts - Have you ever been the recipient of someone else’s generosity?...read more
- Persecuted but Growing - Have you ever seen God use something negative or discouraging to accomplish something amazing?...read more
- Autumn Moments - What season of life are you in right now?...read more
- Where Love Flourishes - How does the love of a man and woman united in Christ reflect the love God has for us?...read more
- You're Needed - How are you serving the body of Christ?...read more
- Not Coming Back - How does Jesus’ sacrificial example inspire you today?...read more
- Everything Matters - In God’s vision for the world, everything matters....read more
- Valid! - Our value comes from God in whose image we all have been created....read more
- Cupcake Face - Do you have a sin in your life you’ve been trying to hide from God?...read more
- Four Views - Have you ever wished that the Bible was written differently or in a way that was easier for you to understand?...read more
- Perfect Peace - Are you living out God’s “perfect peace”?...read more
- Cherished Possessions - Do you share the same love, empathy, and care for sinners?...read more
- Is This Heaven? - What do you think about heaven and earth?...read more
- Another View - How can the suffering of another person be used by God to help others grow in Him?...read more
- Good Company - How do you choose the company that you keep?...read more