Rich in Good WorksHow can you encourage other believers in Jesus to “be rich in good works”?
Top Music Videos
Remember to Tell
Come and listen, all you who fear God, and I will tell you what He did for me (Psalms 66:16).
Orion’s Belt is a prominent constellation in the night sky. I first took a special interest in this row of three bright stars during a time of great spiritual renewal in my life.
When I find myself looking up again at the trio of stars, I’m often taken back to the time in my spiritual journey where I experienced a life-changing encounter with God. I believe He drew my attention to the lights in the sky as a way of marking that particularly meaningful time with Him. More than once, they’ve prompted me to remember and to tell of the work He’s done on my behalf.
The way God has used Orion’s Belt in my life seems to be similar to what He had in mind when He directed Joshua to have the people create a 12-stone memorial (one stone for each tribe of Israel) on the banks of the Jordan River (Joshua 4:1). God did this to commemorate the miraculous passage of His people through the Jordan River on dry ground (3:1-17).
The crossing of the river into the Promised Land was a historic event—one that God didn’t want His people to forget. But God didn’t want them to remember just for their own sake. He wanted them to share what He had done with future generations.
Joshua explained, “We will use these stones to build a memorial. In the future your children will ask you, ‘What do these stones mean?’ Then you can tell them, ‘They remind us that the Jordan River stopped flowing when the Ark of the Lord’s Covenant went across.’ These stones will stand as a memorial among the people of Israel forever” (4:6-7).
Remember and be encouraged by the times God revealed Himself in your life. Tell others of the great things He’s done for you.
Even those who are not “skilled with words” can proclaim what God has done (Psalms 71:15).
What markers has God used in your life to help you remember what He’s done for you? Which of the people you know need to be reminded of God’s faithfulness today?
- Rich in Good Works - How can you encourage other believers in Jesus to “be rich in good works”?...read more
- What Sets Us Free - Do you ever try to earn points with God?...read more
- Washed - In what ways is God calling you to visibly represent Him to someone else?...read more
- Sweet Music - What things have you been trying to handle without prayer?...read more
- Laughter - How do joy and laughter reveal the heart of God?...read more
- Powerful Patience - How can you trust God more even as you wait on Him?...read more
- Overwhelmed - What has sunk your spirits today?...read more
- Greater - How does the knowledge that God is greater than our storms impact the way you feel?...read more
- Voice of Reason - How do you respond to the rage of others?...read more
- Source of Truth - What does Scripture reveal about the issues on your mind today?...read more
- Little Things - Do you measure yourself and others according to God’s standards or the world’s?...read more
- Jesus the Reconciler - What does it add to your understanding of the cross to recognize that Jesus was enacting your reconciliation with God?...read more
- Tasting Heaven - How can you echo God’s future banquet by inviting diverse guests to your dinner parties?...read more
- Possible - What does it mean for you to know that Jesus is your Shepherd?...read more
- "Follow Me!" - Why are you following Jesus?...read more
- Here’s Hope - Why do we sometimes keep our struggles to ourselves?...read more