Begging the Question?Do you ever feel pressure to share your faith in ways that seem awkward to you?
Top Music Videos
Remember to Tell
Come and listen, all you who fear God, and I will tell you what He did for me (Psalms 66:16).
Orion’s Belt is a prominent constellation in the night sky. I first took a special interest in this row of three bright stars during a time of great spiritual renewal in my life.
When I find myself looking up again at the trio of stars, I’m often taken back to the time in my spiritual journey where I experienced a life-changing encounter with God. I believe He drew my attention to the lights in the sky as a way of marking that particularly meaningful time with Him. More than once, they’ve prompted me to remember and to tell of the work He’s done on my behalf.
The way God has used Orion’s Belt in my life seems to be similar to what He had in mind when He directed Joshua to have the people create a 12-stone memorial (one stone for each tribe of Israel) on the banks of the Jordan River (Joshua 4:1). God did this to commemorate the miraculous passage of His people through the Jordan River on dry ground (3:1-17).
The crossing of the river into the Promised Land was a historic event—one that God didn’t want His people to forget. But God didn’t want them to remember just for their own sake. He wanted them to share what He had done with future generations.
Joshua explained, “We will use these stones to build a memorial. In the future your children will ask you, ‘What do these stones mean?’ Then you can tell them, ‘They remind us that the Jordan River stopped flowing when the Ark of the Lord’s Covenant went across.’ These stones will stand as a memorial among the people of Israel forever” (4:6-7).
Remember and be encouraged by the times God revealed Himself in your life. Tell others of the great things He’s done for you.
Even those who are not “skilled with words” can proclaim what God has done (Psalms 71:15).
What markers has God used in your life to help you remember what He’s done for you? Which of the people you know need to be reminded of God’s faithfulness today?
- Begging the Question? - Do you ever feel pressure to share your faith in ways that seem awkward to you?...read more
- Fulfilled - Why is it important to view Old Testament laws through the lens of Jesus’ fulfillment of them?...read more
- Red Houses - What has God given you—time, finances, ability—that you can use to help someone in need today?...read more
- Tongues Afire - When have you recently endured the wound of another person’s words?...read more
- True Fellowship - What comes to your mind when you hear the word fellowship?...read more
- After 35 - What does it mean for you to rely on God in all things?...read more
- The Failure Wall - In what ways do you need to be prepared for encounters with spiritual enemies?...read more
- Worship 101 - What can you praise God for today?...read more
- Distance - What expectations do you have of fellow church members when it comes to meeting your needs?...read more
- Sarcasm and Sincerity - Do your words provide a safe environment for others?...read more
- Empty Spaces - What’s taking up space in your heart?...read more
- Showing the Way - How prepared are you to share your faith with others?...read more
- New Address? - Where’s the line between worrying and simply pondering a decision?...read more
- Real Stewardship - How are you using your gifts and talents to bring God to others?...read more
- Korah’s Redemption - How has God revealed His redeeming ways to you?...read more
- Stuff We Need - How can you give lavishly to God and others today?...read more