Staying TrueOur ability to stand in the midst of trials will depend on the focus of our gaze.
Top Christian Music Videos
Remember to Tell
Come and listen, all you who fear God, and I will tell you what He did for me (Psalms 66:16).
Orion’s Belt is a prominent constellation in the night sky. I first took a special interest in this row of three bright stars during a time of great spiritual renewal in my life.
When I find myself looking up again at the trio of stars, I’m often taken back to the time in my spiritual journey where I experienced a life-changing encounter with God. I believe He drew my attention to the lights in the sky as a way of marking that particularly meaningful time with Him. More than once, they’ve prompted me to remember and to tell of the work He’s done on my behalf.
The way God has used Orion’s Belt in my life seems to be similar to what He had in mind when He directed Joshua to have the people create a 12-stone memorial (one stone for each tribe of Israel) on the banks of the Jordan River (Joshua 4:1). God did this to commemorate the miraculous passage of His people through the Jordan River on dry ground (3:1-17).
The crossing of the river into the Promised Land was a historic event—one that God didn’t want His people to forget. But God didn’t want them to remember just for their own sake. He wanted them to share what He had done with future generations.
Joshua explained, “We will use these stones to build a memorial. In the future your children will ask you, ‘What do these stones mean?’ Then you can tell them, ‘They remind us that the Jordan River stopped flowing when the Ark of the Lord’s Covenant went across.’ These stones will stand as a memorial among the people of Israel forever” (4:6-7).
Remember and be encouraged by the times God revealed Himself in your life. Tell others of the great things He’s done for you.
Even those who are not “skilled with words” can proclaim what God has done (Psalms 71:15).
What markers has God used in your life to help you remember what He’s done for you? Which of the people you know need to be reminded of God’s faithfulness today?
- Staying True - Our ability to stand in the midst of trials will depend on the focus of our gaze....read more
- Write Your Epitaph - How are you growing in your faith and the proclaiming of it?...read more
- What Happens in the End - Are you feeling hopeless and weary? Be reminded of what happens in the end!...read more
- Stop Painting Your Bucket - Who you are is who you are in Jesus....read more
- What We Have - When do you feel most grateful?...read more
- God's Perspective - What has God called you to do that might appear to be too challenging?...read more
- More than Walking on Water - Do you ever find yourself focusing more on what God can do than on who He is?...read more
- The Spirit’s Wind - In what areas of your life have you been laboring in your own strength instead of God’s power?...read more
- Laying Down Your Life - What does it mean for you to embrace Jesus as the One who laid down His life for you?...read more
- Hidden Costs - What are some ways you can avoid falling prey to Satan’s hidden costs this week?...read more
- Limits - How often are you weary or stressed from church work?...read more
- Healing Prayer - Why is it important for us to bring our pain and suffering to God?...read more
- Pleasing God in the Mundane - Do you sometimes feel drained by serving God and others?...read more
- Avoiding Mean Streets - In what ways have you been entering deeper into God’s wisdom or moving farther away from it?...read more
- The Presence of Jesus - What past or current sinful choice has caused you to experience shame?...read more
- When We See Jesus - Do you long to see Jesus?...read more