FearlessHow can you learn to trust God more deeply and follow Him more courageously?
Top Christian Music Videos
Remember to Tell
Come and listen, all you who fear God, and I will tell you what He did for me (Psalms 66:16).
Orion’s Belt is a prominent constellation in the night sky. I first took a special interest in this row of three bright stars during a time of great spiritual renewal in my life.
When I find myself looking up again at the trio of stars, I’m often taken back to the time in my spiritual journey where I experienced a life-changing encounter with God. I believe He drew my attention to the lights in the sky as a way of marking that particularly meaningful time with Him. More than once, they’ve prompted me to remember and to tell of the work He’s done on my behalf.
The way God has used Orion’s Belt in my life seems to be similar to what He had in mind when He directed Joshua to have the people create a 12-stone memorial (one stone for each tribe of Israel) on the banks of the Jordan River (Joshua 4:1). God did this to commemorate the miraculous passage of His people through the Jordan River on dry ground (3:1-17).
The crossing of the river into the Promised Land was a historic event—one that God didn’t want His people to forget. But God didn’t want them to remember just for their own sake. He wanted them to share what He had done with future generations.
Joshua explained, “We will use these stones to build a memorial. In the future your children will ask you, ‘What do these stones mean?’ Then you can tell them, ‘They remind us that the Jordan River stopped flowing when the Ark of the Lord’s Covenant went across.’ These stones will stand as a memorial among the people of Israel forever” (4:6-7).
Remember and be encouraged by the times God revealed Himself in your life. Tell others of the great things He’s done for you.
Even those who are not “skilled with words” can proclaim what God has done (Psalms 71:15).
What markers has God used in your life to help you remember what He’s done for you? Which of the people you know need to be reminded of God’s faithfulness today?
- Fearless - How can you learn to trust God more deeply and follow Him more courageously?...read more
- Next Steps - Have you ever made a choice or taken an unwise risk that caused you pain?...read more
- Cleansing and Calling - What does it mean to follow God’s calling in your life?...read more
- Finding Refuge - What does it mean for God to be your true refuge?...read more
- Why Pray? - What do you need to ask God for today?...read more
- Love and Adoption - What does it mean to you to be adopted by your heavenly Father?...read more
- Worship and Service - Why is it so vital for you to worship God with all you are?...read more
- Holy Desperation - Do you have a personal relationship with Jesus?...read more
- Insisting on Joy - What would it look like for you to insist on joy this week?...read more
- Hot Water - Where in your spiritual life have you become complacent?...read more
- Remade - Do any areas of your life need to be remade?...read more
- God’s Renewing Presence - What can you do to experience God’s renewing presence today?...read more
- Enduring Hope - Have you lost hope and become disillusioned with life?...read more
- Grasping Grace - What does God’s grace mean to you?...read more
- Clear View - How can you seek God’s wisdom and direction today?...read more
- Led by the Spirit - How do you distinguish between the leading of the Spirit and the whims and desires of your own heart?...read more