Powerful PatienceHow can you trust God more even as you wait on Him?
Top Music Videos
Life. You grow up, go to school, get a job and get married, have 2.4 kids, buy a house, save for retirement, and enjoy an occasional vacation and dinner out. Along the way you learn the rules. It takes money to get what you want, and that requires skill, preparation, and befriending the right people. If you play it smart, with timely moves, you can forge a career replete with promotions and a retirement right on schedule. And then you die, leaving a surprisingly sizable inheritance to your heirs. That's life, the same for you as for everybody, as far as the eye can see. But what if we aren't limited to our sight, but can hear a Word from God that teaches us a different way to live? Paul said that "faith comes from hearing, that is, hearing the good news about Christ" (Romans 10:17). This Good News is that "Christ died for our sins, just as the Scriptures said. He was buried, and He was raised from the dead on the third day, just as the Scriptures said" (1 Corinthians 15:3-4).
The good news is the great game changer. Jesus entered our world, died on the cross, and rose again to defeat sin, death, and Satan. After His resurrection, He was seen in a variety of places by hundreds of witnesses (vv.5-8). Due to Jesus' world-changing words and existence, life as we know it has turned upside down. The rules have changed.
Here's our new life: "Love your neighbor as yourself" (Matthew 22:39); "It is more blessed to give than to receive" (Acts 20:35); "Be humble, thinking of others as better than yourselves" (Philippians 2:3); and when we return, and Christ's resurrection means that we will return, "those who are humble . . . will inherit the whole earth" (Matthew 5:5). , Mike Wittmer, Our Daily Journey
CLICK HERE to visit OurDailyJourney.org
- Powerful Patience - How can you trust God more even as you wait on Him?...read more
- Overwhelmed - What has sunk your spirits today?...read more
- Greater - How does the knowledge that God is greater than our storms impact the way you feel?...read more
- Voice of Reason - How do you respond to the rage of others?...read more
- Source of Truth - What does Scripture reveal about the issues on your mind today?...read more
- Little Things - Do you measure yourself and others according to God’s standards or the world’s?...read more
- Jesus the Reconciler - What does it add to your understanding of the cross to recognize that Jesus was enacting your reconciliation with God?...read more
- Tasting Heaven - How can you echo God’s future banquet by inviting diverse guests to your dinner parties?...read more
- Possible - What does it mean for you to know that Jesus is your Shepherd?...read more
- "Follow Me!" - Why are you following Jesus?...read more
- Here’s Hope - Why do we sometimes keep our struggles to ourselves?...read more
- Is Jesus Enough? - How do you react when you see injustice in the world, or when circumstances are against you and God seems to be silent?...read more
- Greater Work - What life experience has most challenged your understanding of prayer?...read more
- Awe - Where and when do you find yourself most in awe of God?...read more
- Purpose - How does the apostle Paul’s life demonstrate God’s “purpose” to you?...read more
- Broken Down & Built Up - What might God be accomplishing in your life through a recent difficult experience?...read more