MemorialsHow could you memorialize something God has done for you this week?
Top Music Videos
I have sworn by My own name; I have spoken the truth, and I will never go back on My Word: Every knee will bend to Me, and every tongue will confess allegiance to Me (v.23).
Generation Ex-Christianis a book about younger believers leaving Christianity. Drew Dyck, the author of the book, chronicles one interview he had with a young man who left Christianity to join the Wiccans: “Ultimately why I left is that the Christian God demands that you submit to His will. In Wicca, it’s just the other way around. Your will is paramount. We believe in gods and goddesses, but the deities we choose to serve are based on our wills.” This young man’s desire to turn from the true and living God to idols is not shocking, nor is it new.
Several millennia ago, God appealed to the Gentiles, who were serving gods they had formed by their own whims and wills, to turn from their wooden idols and embrace the one and only God who could save and shape them. They were commanded to hear the prophecies God had given and acknowledge that He was God and there was no other god besides Him (Isaiah 45:21). He wanted them to turn to Him because one day all peoples on the earth would acknowledge His will and submit to His sovereign rule. Every knee would bow and every tongue acknowledge Him as the one and only God (vv.14,23; Romans 14:11), either voluntarily or by force.
Isaiah’s prophecy finds its clearest reflection in Jesus’ exaltation and sovereign authority (Philippians 2:9). Because of the extent of His authority (in heaven, on earth, and under the earth), no one will escape His rule.
One day, everyone will acknowledge that Jesus Christ is exactly who He claimed to be—God. His will is paramount. Let’s willingly bow before Him now and submit our lives to His will and His lordship, all to the glory of God the Father.
Read Revelation 5:13 and carefully consider what it reveals about Jesus.
What will you do or say this week to acknowledge that God’s will is paramount and that there is no other god besides Him? How have you been trying to place your will over God’s will?
- Memorials - How could you memorialize something God has done for you this week?...read more
- Sound Sensitive - Just as with Samuel, may we know the presence of God throughout the day....read more
- Rich in Good Works - How can you encourage other believers in Jesus to “be rich in good works”?...read more
- What Sets Us Free - Do you ever try to earn points with God?...read more
- Washed - In what ways is God calling you to visibly represent Him to someone else?...read more
- Sweet Music - What things have you been trying to handle without prayer?...read more
- Laughter - How do joy and laughter reveal the heart of God?...read more
- Powerful Patience - How can you trust God more even as you wait on Him?...read more
- Overwhelmed - What has sunk your spirits today?...read more
- Greater - How does the knowledge that God is greater than our storms impact the way you feel?...read more
- Voice of Reason - How do you respond to the rage of others?...read more
- Source of Truth - What does Scripture reveal about the issues on your mind today?...read more
- Little Things - Do you measure yourself and others according to God’s standards or the world’s?...read more
- Jesus the Reconciler - What does it add to your understanding of the cross to recognize that Jesus was enacting your reconciliation with God?...read more
- Tasting Heaven - How can you echo God’s future banquet by inviting diverse guests to your dinner parties?...read more
- Possible - What does it mean for you to know that Jesus is your Shepherd?...read more