The First Day—AgainHow does Jesus’ resurrection infuse you with fresh hope?
Top Music Videos
I have sworn by My own name; I have spoken the truth, and I will never go back on My Word: Every knee will bend to Me, and every tongue will confess allegiance to Me (v.23).
Generation Ex-Christianis a book about younger believers leaving Christianity. Drew Dyck, the author of the book, chronicles one interview he had with a young man who left Christianity to join the Wiccans: “Ultimately why I left is that the Christian God demands that you submit to His will. In Wicca, it’s just the other way around. Your will is paramount. We believe in gods and goddesses, but the deities we choose to serve are based on our wills.” This young man’s desire to turn from the true and living God to idols is not shocking, nor is it new.
Several millennia ago, God appealed to the Gentiles, who were serving gods they had formed by their own whims and wills, to turn from their wooden idols and embrace the one and only God who could save and shape them. They were commanded to hear the prophecies God had given and acknowledge that He was God and there was no other god besides Him (Isaiah 45:21). He wanted them to turn to Him because one day all peoples on the earth would acknowledge His will and submit to His sovereign rule. Every knee would bow and every tongue acknowledge Him as the one and only God (vv.14,23; Romans 14:11), either voluntarily or by force.
Isaiah’s prophecy finds its clearest reflection in Jesus’ exaltation and sovereign authority (Philippians 2:9). Because of the extent of His authority (in heaven, on earth, and under the earth), no one will escape His rule.
One day, everyone will acknowledge that Jesus Christ is exactly who He claimed to be—God. His will is paramount. Let’s willingly bow before Him now and submit our lives to His will and His lordship, all to the glory of God the Father.
Read Revelation 5:13 and carefully consider what it reveals about Jesus.
What will you do or say this week to acknowledge that God’s will is paramount and that there is no other god besides Him? How have you been trying to place your will over God’s will?
- The First Day—Again - How does Jesus’ resurrection infuse you with fresh hope?...read more
- Clueless at the Light - What would others say about my influence on them?...read more
- Stinging Words - How have you experienced emotional or spiritual captivity?...read more
- Everyone Has a Story - Who needs you to listen to them? Make time for them today....read more
- Gateway of Hope - How has the rough stuff of your life kept you from hoping in God?...read more
- Philip Flunked - What specific truth about God could help you with a problem you’re currently facing?...read more
- Source of All Life - Every blessing comes from God....read more
- Trapped in Sin - How can you be set free and made right with God?...read more
- Hope Beyond Discouragement - How will you point others to the Source of Hope today?...read more
- Play Your Part - How can you encourage others to fulfill their calling?...read more
- Broken Community - How do we live out holiness without becoming judgmental of others?...read more
- Giving Out Love - How has God provided for you and those you love?...read more
- Assets that Matter - How can you submit more fully to the Holy Spirit’s refining work in your life?...read more
- The Skeptic - What doubt about God is most persistent in your thoughts?...read more
- Is God Necessary? - God is hidden but present, revealing Himself more fully to those who invite Him to stay....read more
- God's Promises - How has God kept His promises to you?...read more