In a sense, the entire Bible is devoted to the fact that everything is not perfect.
- Daily Devotional - December 23, 2012 "Good Men"12/22/2012 - The opening line of the 1984 song “Holding Out for a Hero” asks, “Where have all the good men gone?” That’s a fair question in a world that has seen more than its share of passive or violent males.
- Daily Devotional - December 22, 2012 "Great Expectations"12/21/2012 - Most parents have great expectations for their children. I’m sure the world’s first parents, Adam and Eve, had high hopes for their first child.
- Daily Devotional - December 21, 2012 "Tough Times Ahead"12/21/2012 - You’ve sent out countless resumes. Yet employment still seems elusive. You’ve led a healthy lifestyle.
- Daily Devotional - December 20, 2012 "The Brilliant Face of God"12/19/2012 - A gifted local actor was asked to play the part of Scrooge in an adaptation of Charles Dickens’ A Christmas Carol for my friend’s church.
- Daily Devotional - December 19, 2012 "Waiting in Worship"12/18/2012 - I’ve never been exceptionally good at waiting. While I’ve learned that waiting can only be productive if I have set the desires of my heart on the things of God, lately He’s been working on my attitude in the waiting.
- Daily Devotional - December 18, 2012 "The Brilliant Face of God"12/17/2012 - The Incan Empire had practices that make us recoil. One was child sacrifice. Each year, certain families would surrender their child.
- Daily Devotional - December 17, 2012 "The Only Thing"12/16/2012 - My elderly friend called me to ask if I would come over and pray with his wife who he thought might not survive the night. It was a sacred privilege to kneel beside her bed.
- Daily Devotional - December 16, 2012 "Narrow Road, Eternal Life"12/15/2012 - One of the most prevalent of modern myths is the idea that boundary-less living leads to freedom
- Daily Devotional - December 15, 2012 "Positive ID"12/15/2012 - I was pushing my daughter’s pink stroller up and down the aisles of an auto-parts store when my toddler excitedly began pointing straight ahead at a fellow customer who looked just like the pictures of Jesus in her illustrated Bible.
- Daily Devotional - December 14, 2012 "The Comfort of God"12/14/2012 - Sometimes I wish life was like more like an episode of the television drama House. The show is about an egotistical but genius medical sleuth (Dr. Gregory House) who diagnoses and treats mysterious, life-threatening illnesses.
- Daily Devotional - December 13, 2012 "Sin Is Serious"12/12/2012 - David Head, in his book He Sent Leanness, overhauls a traditional public confession of sin found in the Book of Common Prayer and offers a satirical look at our shallow view of sin: “Benevolent and easy-going Parent: We have occasionally had some minor errors of judgment, but they’re not really our fault.
- Daily Devotional - December 12, 2012 "When Giving Isn’t Helping"12/11/2012 - Street kids populate most intersections in Uganda’s capital city Kampala. I know many of the children by name, and when I’m stopped in traffic they regularly congregate at my car to talk and laugh with me.
- Daily Devotional - December 11, 2012 "Identity Tags"12/11/2012 - In 2010, an estimated 10.8 million babies were born every month—meaning 362,000 babies were born every day, four babies every second.
- Daily Devotional - December 10, 2012 "Workaholic or Fool"12/9/2012 - There was a man who worked 70 hours a week. Fortunately, he loved his job. He brought home a nice paycheck and provided good things for his family.
- Daily Devotional - December 9, 2012 "Mary’s Risky Calling"12/8/2012 - “May everything you have said about me come true” (Luke 1:38).
- Daily Devotional - December 8, 2012 "Man and Woman "12/7/2012 - Ah, December . . . shimmering, white snow caressing the ground—and streets. But in time, traffic and dirt will alter the roadside snow, resulting in a sullied state.
No playlists found for this account.