God’s Son, from His first breath to His ascension, confounds our human expectations and categories. This is good news, because our expectations are often too small.
- Daily Devotional - May 31, 2013 "One Before the Other"5/30/2013 - The question I felt needed to be answered affirmatively before I married Miska was this: Can I live without her?
- Daily Devotional - May 30, 2013 "Mirror, Mirror"5/29/2013 - When it comes to physical appearance, we’re constantly bombarded with advice. And truth be told, the suggestions found on magazine covers, in TV commercials, and voiced by store clerks— among other sources—bother me. They’re all trying to nudge me to pursue that perfect look.
- Daily Devotional - May 29, 2013 "40 Days"5/28/2013 - Forty is a significant number in the Bible. The great flood of Genesis was the result of 40 days of rain (Genesis 7:4).
- Daily Devotional - May 28, 2013 "Worry Less"5/28/2013 - According to the World Health Organization, Americans are more prone to anxiety than people in other nations. The study revealed that 31 percent of Americans suffer from this disorder at some point in their lifetime.
- Daily Devotional - May 27, 2013 "Make the Time"5/26/2013 - Are you busy? We can easily become overwhelmed with all the responsibilities that loom over us on any given day.
- Daily Devotional - May 26, 2013 "Judgment of Justice"5/25/2013 - An acquaintance of mine, who is highly intelligent and has a philosophical bent, also carries antipathy toward God and religion.
- Daily Devotional - May 5, 2013 "The Greatest Gift"5/24/2013 - My 9-year-old Ugandan son and I often list the things he’s done the past few years—activities that he could not have done if he were still orphaned and living in extreme poverty.
- Daily Devotional - May 24, 2013 "Where Are You Looking?"5/23/2013 - Saulo was 16 when he drove the getaway car for a robbery that ended in murder. Now 32, Saulo says, “I remember sitting in the county jail, and it really sunk in: ‘Wow, I’m not going home,’ and [I] realized what I did. I didn’t want to live. I couldn’t believe what I did.”
- Daily Devotional - May 23, 2013 "Relative Peace"5/22/2013 - A 60-year-old man, atop a John Deere tractor, charged at his 69-year-old brother-in-law who was harvesting hay astride his own tractor.
- Daily Devotional - May 22, 2013 "Knowing Our Place"5/21/2013 - I recently read of a man who started a church and saw it grow and flourish over the years.
- Daily Devotional - May 21, 2013 "Not Broken"5/21/2013 - As someone who has logged a lot of time in the coastal waters of Florida, I’ve always enjoyed seeing bottlenose dolphins up close in the wild.
- Daily Devotional - May 20, 2013 "Youth Ministry 101"5/19/2013 - If you read some recent books on youth ministry, it’s hard not to get the sense that this part of church ministry is experiencing some major struggles.
- Daily Devotional - May 19, 2013 "The Harvest"5/18/2013 - Christians observe Pentecost Sunday as the day the Holy Spirit was given to the church.
- Daily Devotional - May 18, 2013 "That Name"5/17/2013 - Back in 2001, Mark Cuban, owner of the National Basketball Association’s (NBA) Dallas Mavericks, offered WGN Chicago Radio sports-talk host David Kaplan $50,000 to change his name legally to “Dallas Maverick.”
- Daily Devotional - May 17, 2013 "Amenities"5/17/2013 - Amenities. Surprisingly, I heard someone use that word in describing a church they had chosen to attend.
- Daily Devotional - May 16, 2013 "Good Religion"5/15/2013 - As a pastor, I get interesting responses from people when they discover my vocation. Some will immediately apologize for the language they’ve used.
No playlists found for this account.