He has brought down princes from their thrones and exalted the humble. He has filled the hungry with good things and sent the rich away w...
- Daily Devotional, April 30, 2012 "Fair Wages"4/29/2012 - That’s not fair. Why did she get a raise and I didn’t? I do just as much work as she does!” “Why was he chosen to lead the project when I’ve been here longer?”
- Daily Devotional, April 27, 2012 "The Stories We Tell"4/26/2012 - I’m often disappointed with kids’ Bible story books. They usually paint a sugary picture that presents the Bible as a very safe and manageable book.
- Daily Devotional, April 26, 2012 "Green Letters"4/25/2012 - Is God green? Did Jesus have anything to say about the environment? What is my role as a Christian in caring for the earth?”
- Daily Devotional, April 25, 2012 "Learn From History"4/24/2012 - According to federal education officials, US students are less proficient in their nation’s history than in any other subject.
- Daily Devotional, April 24, 2012 "Return of The King"4/23/2012 - Harold Camping received a lot of attention for declaring that Judgment Day would begin around dinnertime on May 21, 2011.
- Daily Devotional, April 23, 2012 "How Could She?"4/22/2012 - My little Ugandan neighbors, Joshua (age 10), Mirika (age 8), Ashaba (age 7), and Katseme (age 4), have had a difficult life
- Daily Devotional, April 20, 2012 "Spirit-Wind"4/19/2012 - Soon after a tornado disaster in the US, I saw aerial photographs of its path. Entire neighborhoods were flattened. From the high angle of the photographer’s shot, all of the wood and debris looked like scattered, splintered toothpicks, tossed violently over a wide swath of city blocks.
- Daily Devotional, April 19, 2012 "Comes Back Around"4/18/2012 - As a youth pastor’s wife, I have plenty of opportunities to practice conflict resolution skills with those in our ministry. Especially in working with the girls.
- Daily Devotional, April 18, 2012 "Betrayed"4/17/2012 - If you were to name your newborn son, which of these three names would you choose: James, John, or Judas? You might select James or John, but— undoubtedly—you wouldn’t name your son Judas.
- Daily Devotional, April 17, 2012 "Faith & Work"4/16/2012 - One of my favorite quotes from John Wesley is, “Pray like it depends on God; work like it depends on you.” I don’t always live it, but it echoes something an old wise king once said.
- Daily Devotional, April 16, 2012 "Hit & Run"4/15/2012 - One evening, just before midnight, an automobile slammed into the side of our house. I woke up to what sounded like an explosion, but then I heard the muffled noise of a car radio and the squealing of tires as the driver fled the scene.
- Daily Devotional, April 13, 2012 "Practical Holiness"4/12/2012 - Holiness is perhaps one of the most misunderstood terms of our time. A study by The Barna Group reveals that though the Bible talks a lot about holiness, most people are confused and even apprehensive about what it means.
- Daily Devotional, April 12, 2012 "Sequels"4/11/2012 - A sequel is typically a book or film that continues the story of some previous work. Last year was the year of movie sequels.
- Daily Devotional, April 11, 2012 "Opportunity"4/10/2012 - A cave-in left 33 men trapped deep underground in a copper and gold mine in northern Chile. The men battled despair during the initial hours, when dust from the collapse choked their lungs and cloaked the mine in darkness.
- Daily Devotional, April 10, 2012 "Fear"4/9/2012 - During my first 3 years in Uganda, I had occasional contact with blood as I held dying children, helped to dress wounds and open tumors, and sought to comfort AIDS and cancer patients.
- Daily Devotional, April 9, 2012 "Sydnie & Me"4/8/2012 - Last year I went through a bone marrow transplant (BMT). By God’s grace, I didn’t go it alone. Family and friends walked with me through the procedure and subsequent months of recovery.
No playlists found for this account.