Christians observe Pentecost Sunday as the day the Holy Spirit was given to the church.
- Daily Devotional - October 08, 2012 "Diplomas in the Deep"10/7/2012 - In the early 1900s, John went to the US to receive his education. He completed his bachelor’s, master’s, and Ph.D. degrees in just 5 years.
- Daily Devotional - October 07, 2012 "Go, Influence"10/6/2012 - If you’re a believer in Jesus, you’re called to influence society. Jesus not only calls you to be His friend (John 15:15), but also to be His salt and His light (Matthew 5:13-14).
- Daily Devotional - October 06, 2012 "Generous"10/5/2012 - Last year at Christmas, anonymous donors in several US cities surprised shoppers at a department store chain with generosity.
- Daily Devotional - October 05, 2012 "Reject Apathy"10/4/2012 - Job description: Rebuild national security. Deal with economic injustice. Snuff out internal strife. Initiate religious reforms. Remuneration: Threats, threats, and more threats. Would you give up a comfortable job at the “White House” to take this job?
- Daily Devotional - October 04, 2012 "But Wait, There’s More!"10/3/2012 - Ever watched an infomercial—a 30-minute commercial disguised as a TV program? I have! In fact, I know all about the Veg-O-Matic and the Pocket Fisherman.
- Daily Devotional - October 03, 2012 "Just One Thing Right"10/2/2012 - I prayed really hard,” she said, “‘Please, God, could just one thing go right forme?’ And one hour later I got a horrid case of the flu!” At the precipice of bitterness, she had legitimate questions. She cried out to God.
- Daily Devotional - October 02, 2012 "Contemplate the Beautiful"10/1/2012 - Edgar Allan Poe once wrote: “The pleasure which is at once the most pure, the most elevating, and the most intense, is derived, I maintain, from contemplation of the beautiful.”
- Daily Devotional - October 01, 2012 "Strike Back or Hold Back?"10/1/2012 - Hakkul, a snake charmer, opened three bags of snakes in a government office. Many of the serpents remained tangled together in a knot.
- Daily Devotional - September, 28 2012 "What’s Your Passion?"9/27/2012 - When asked what my seminary students are passionate about, I immediately ticked off a few issues of social justice—the plight of the poor, the rights of minorities, and ending slavery and sex trafficking.
- Daily Devotional - Featuring Matthew West - September, 27 2012 "The Power of a Prayer"9/26/2012 - Hello, my name is Gerson and I just turned 13. Life used to be hard because my father was not a Christian but my mom was. Sometimes they would fight and yell, and I would just stand in a corner, crying.
- Daily Devotional - Featuring Matthew West - September, 26 2012 "What a Thank-You Can Do"9/25/2012 - From Candy…I was a small-town girl raised in a coal-mining town in Pennsylvania. At the age of 18, I moved by myself to Washington, DC. I was in DC for a little more than a year and messed up my life with guys, alcohol and drugs.
- Daily Devotional - Featuring Matthew West - September, 25 2012 "The Power of Forgiveness"9/24/2012 - I never understood why God would ask Abraham to sacrifice Isaac, the son he waited so long to have. I always hoped He would never require such a sacrifice of me. The love a parent has for a child is like no other.
- Daily Devotional - September, 24 2012 "Three Evils"9/23/2012 - On January 12, 2010, Haiti was hit by a magnitude 7.0 earthquake that leveled an estimated 250,000 homes and 30,000 buildings, killing nearly 300,000 people.
- Daily Devotional - September, 21 2012 "In Defense of Love"9/20/2012 - Throughout much of 2011, Greece experienced unrest as round after round of austerity measures were passed, reducing pension payments and slashing worker benefits.
- Daily Devotional - September, 20 2012 "Line of Sight"9/19/2012 - When our son learned to shoot with a bow and arrow, I found my interest in the sport piqued by its grace and artistry.
- Daily Devotional - Featuring Lisa Chan - September, 19 2012 "Be Still"9/18/2012 - Have you been still before God? Have you come into God’s presence, hushed and subdued, free from distraction and disturbances? Have you come to listen to God? To be in that quiet place?
No playlists found for this account.