He has brought down princes from their thrones and exalted the humble. He has filled the hungry with good things and sent the rich away w...
- Daily Devotional - April 28, 2013 "Lost in the Dark"4/27/2013 - Last March, the Ecuadorian navy rescued 18-year-old Adrian Vasquez after he had aimlessly floated 28 days across the ocean on a 10-foot schooner.
- Daily Devotional - April 27, 2013 "Doing God's Will"4/26/2013 - The young missionary couple was confused. Certain that God had called them to serve in a specific mission field, they shared their calling with the church leadership.
- Daily Devotional - April 26, 2013 "The Question"4/25/2013 - Here’s something you will never read in an obituary: “Susan Abernathy is survived by Harold, her husband of 47 years, three children, and six grandchildren. Susan was treasurer of the West Kalloon Realtor’s Association, director of numerous Vacation Bible Schools, and finished the human race in 823rd place.”
- Daily Devotional - April 25, 2013 "A Living Picture"4/24/2013 - On a visit to the Passages Interactive Bible Exhibit, I was reminded of the beauty and scholarship of Scripture.
- Daily Devotional - April 24, 2013 "The Big Chill"4/23/2013 - Recently, scientists discovered the answer to why we occasionally experience that dreaded “brain freeze” when eating ice cream.
- Daily Devotional - April 23, 2013 "Whose Will?"4/22/2013 - Generation Ex-Christianis a book about younger believers leaving Christianity. Drew Dyck, the author of the book, chronicles one interview he had with a young man who left Christianity to join the Wiccans: “Ultimately why I left is that the Christian God demands that you submit to His will.
- Daily Devotional - April 22, 2013 "The Critical Move"4/21/2013 - Mystery novelist Agatha Christie once suggested that the best way to tell a story that will leave an audience guessing to the end is to conceal the “critical move” with a “big move.”
- Daily Devotional - April 21, 2013 "Redeeming Love"4/21/2013 - Go and love the person who has disappointed you!” “Huh? No way. I don’t want to be hurt again!” Without a shadow of a doubt, it’s difficult to love someone with a proven track record of disappointing you.
- Daily Devotional - April 20, 2013 "Losing Ourselves"4/19/2013 - James Hunter, a sociology professor at a large university, highlights the shift from shared moral foundations to individual choices that shift and vacillate.
- Daily Devotional - April 19, 2013 "Titanic 101"4/18/2013 - When the Titanic sank on April 15, 1912, evangelist John Harper was among the 1,522 people who died.
- Daily Devotional - April 18, 2013 "Unexpected Blessings"4/17/2013 - It’s likely we’ve read Jesus’ Beatitudes as a list of virtues— attitudes and actions that He wants us to pursue.
- Daily Devotional - April 17, 2013 "If My People"4/16/2013 - I was speaking with three friends about the lamentable condition of our country.
- Daily Devotional - April 16, 2013 "God’s Garden"4/16/2013 - Last spring I planted an herb garden, even though I don’t have a “green thumb.” In fact, I only sporadically watered the plants when their environment reached desertlike conditions. But, fortunately,
- Daily Devotional - April 15, 2013 "Needing God"4/14/2013 - When Palestinian Tass Saada was just 17 years old, he joined the Fatah movement in the West Bank.
- Daily Devotional - April 14, 2013 "No Tampering"4/13/2013 - Kim Peek, the megasavant who inspired the film Rain Man,once went to a performance of a Shakespearean play.
- Daily Devotional - April 13, 2013 "Must-See Destinations"4/12/2013 - The title of a 2010 LIFE special edition magazine reads: “Heaven on Earth: The World’s Must-See Destinations.”
No playlists found for this account.