Spiritual StrugglesWhen you struggle spiritually, how do you react?
Top Music Videos
Recent studies have shown that practicing gratitude leads to a healthier, more fulfilling, others-centered life. People who focus on what they are thankful for (versus those who dwell on hassles and frustrations) are in a better place than those who don't. They are less likely to get sick and are more active, hopeful, and thoughtful of other people.
God desires that those who follow Him exhibit a grateful heart. For example, the Psalms tell us, "It is good to give thanks to the Lord" (Psalm 92:1). In the New Testament, Paul encouraged his fellow Christians to be "thankful in all circumstances" (1 Thessalonians 5:18).
Could it be that one of the reasons the pages of Scripture lift up the importance of thankfulness is for the mutual benefit of others and us? It definitely appears that way! Apparently, being thankful is better for all concerned. In the end, gratitude produces enriched people who want to spread the love and joy of God to others.
Don't misunderstand. Incorporating gratitude into our lives is not about walking around with a cheesy grin on our face, denying the heartaches or injustices of life. We don't have to sacrifice reality to be grateful. We simply need to adopt a gratitude focus that affects every moment of each day (Ephesians 5:20).
Like everything else in life that's meaningful, practicing gratefulness takes work. For some who have a habit of focusing on the negative, it may take a lot of effort to change their tune. But everyone is capable of being thankful. And when we live it out, we are showing the world that our awesome God is worthy of all our praise and thanks (Psalm 75:1). He is glorified and others are blessed by our gratitude attitude.
Give gratitude a shot. It will change how you view God, others, and yourself. , Jeff Olson, Our Daily Journey
CLICK HERE to visit OurDailyJourney.org
- Spiritual Struggles - When you struggle spiritually, how do you react?...read more
- Happy Ascension Day - What’s one way you can celebrate the ascension of Jesus Christ today?...read more
- Mixed Bag - Are there any blind spots in your life?...read more
- All We Need - How might you trust God for the bounty He alone can provide?...read more
- Simple Things - What simple pleasures can you rediscover with God today?...read more
- Thirsty? - How has God provided our identity and significance in Jesus?...read more
- Freedom from Stress - How can loving and obeying God help you to find the peace He has promised His children?...read more
- Portrait of Jesus - What did Jesus endure for you?...read more
- Slow Learners - What are you struggling to understand in your faith journey with Jesus?...read more
- The Same God - Why would it be wrong for God to not deal with sin in such a serious way?...read more
- In Jesus’ Love - What Scripture verses have been most encouraging to you?...read more
- Don’t Hesitate - How can you become more confident in sharing your faith?...read more
- Broken Instruments - Has anyone ever paid the cost of fixing something you’ve broken or destroyed?...read more
- True Sacrifice - How can you better remind yourself of your great wealth in Christ?...read more
- Jesus and the Junk - What are you trying to hide from God and others?...read more
- Changing Our Tune - What angers you today and why?...read more