Sound SensitiveJust as with Samuel, may we know the presence of God throughout the day.
Top Music Videos
Recent studies have shown that practicing gratitude leads to a healthier, more fulfilling, others-centered life. People who focus on what they are thankful for (versus those who dwell on hassles and frustrations) are in a better place than those who don't. They are less likely to get sick and are more active, hopeful, and thoughtful of other people.
God desires that those who follow Him exhibit a grateful heart. For example, the Psalms tell us, "It is good to give thanks to the Lord" (Psalm 92:1). In the New Testament, Paul encouraged his fellow Christians to be "thankful in all circumstances" (1 Thessalonians 5:18).
Could it be that one of the reasons the pages of Scripture lift up the importance of thankfulness is for the mutual benefit of others and us? It definitely appears that way! Apparently, being thankful is better for all concerned. In the end, gratitude produces enriched people who want to spread the love and joy of God to others.
Don't misunderstand. Incorporating gratitude into our lives is not about walking around with a cheesy grin on our face, denying the heartaches or injustices of life. We don't have to sacrifice reality to be grateful. We simply need to adopt a gratitude focus that affects every moment of each day (Ephesians 5:20).
Like everything else in life that's meaningful, practicing gratefulness takes work. For some who have a habit of focusing on the negative, it may take a lot of effort to change their tune. But everyone is capable of being thankful. And when we live it out, we are showing the world that our awesome God is worthy of all our praise and thanks (Psalm 75:1). He is glorified and others are blessed by our gratitude attitude.
Give gratitude a shot. It will change how you view God, others, and yourself. , Jeff Olson, Our Daily Journey
CLICK HERE to visit OurDailyJourney.org
- Sound Sensitive - Just as with Samuel, may we know the presence of God throughout the day....read more
- Rich in Good Works - How can you encourage other believers in Jesus to “be rich in good works”?...read more
- What Sets Us Free - Do you ever try to earn points with God?...read more
- Washed - In what ways is God calling you to visibly represent Him to someone else?...read more
- Sweet Music - What things have you been trying to handle without prayer?...read more
- Laughter - How do joy and laughter reveal the heart of God?...read more
- Powerful Patience - How can you trust God more even as you wait on Him?...read more
- Overwhelmed - What has sunk your spirits today?...read more
- Greater - How does the knowledge that God is greater than our storms impact the way you feel?...read more
- Voice of Reason - How do you respond to the rage of others?...read more
- Source of Truth - What does Scripture reveal about the issues on your mind today?...read more
- Little Things - Do you measure yourself and others according to God’s standards or the world’s?...read more
- Jesus the Reconciler - What does it add to your understanding of the cross to recognize that Jesus was enacting your reconciliation with God?...read more
- Tasting Heaven - How can you echo God’s future banquet by inviting diverse guests to your dinner parties?...read more
- Possible - What does it mean for you to know that Jesus is your Shepherd?...read more
- "Follow Me!" - Why are you following Jesus?...read more