Test of CourageRead Proverbs 21:30-31 to see how true success depends on God.
Top Christian Music Videos
For everything there is a season, a time for every activity under heaven (v.1).
Last summer brought unrelenting temperatures of more than 100 degrees to my part of the country. So when a day arrived when the sky brought overcast clouds and rain, I began to think about autumn and cooler weather. I love certain aspects of summer, but the too hot days stir my anticipation for what comes next.
The same is true as I watch my children grow. Every stage has something in it that I never want to lose and other characteristics that leave me anxiously awaiting the next place of maturity.
Perhaps this idea is what Solomon meant when he wrote, “Yet God has made everything beautiful for its own time. He has planted eternity in the human heart, but even so, people cannot see the whole scope of God’s work from beginning to end” (Ecclesiastes 3:11). Because we were made in the image of the eternal God—and for an eternal relationship with Him—nothing we experience on this side of heaven will permanently silence our desire for something different.
Even the believer who understands Paul’s admonition to be content in all circumstances knows what it is to feel longing (Philippians 1:23). It’s the inescapable mark that we were made for something beyond this moment.
Just as seasons are an inevitable part of creation, they will be a constant source of change in our lives. We can take comfort, however, knowing that the same God who designed the boundaries of time (Genesis 1:14) has the power to direct every season we will encounter.
He’s not a distant observer who simply gazes upon the ‘births’ and ‘deaths’ of our lives. He’s a God who lovingly takes every event, even those planned for our demise, and forms them for our good and His glory (Ecclesiastes 3:11).
Read Psalms 104:1 to see how God has ordered all creation, including our well-being.
What season in life are you currently experiencing? How can you find joy in it without being afraid of it changing? What are some of your longings that are an evidence of ‘eternity’ in your heart?
- Test of Courage - Read Proverbs 21:30-31 to see how true success depends on God....read more
- Calling on the Air - In what ways have you called on God for direction ?...read more
- Only the Beginning - What hope has God brought you today?...read more
- Disciplined for Freedom - Praise God and display your gratitude to Him today!...read more
- What Will We Become? - What does it mean for you to be God’s masterpiece?...read more
- Taking the Hate - Which portions of the Bible trouble you the most?...read more
- Not a Distant God - Read Romans 8:31-39 to be reminded of the intimate love God has for us....read more
- A Greater Power - Read Jeremiah 31:20-25 and consider the power of God’s restoration...read more
- Anger Management - Read Matthew 5:21-22 to see what Jesus said about anger and sin....read more
- Moving Past Memories - How can experiencing God’s forgiveness for our sin help us to extend grace to others?...read more
- There is Hope - What has caused you to lose hope recently?...read more
- Transformed! - How has God’s power helped you overcome fear?...read more
- Breaking Toward Freedom - Where are you experiencing a need for freedom?...read more
- A Spiritual Powerlift - How are you practicing walking in the power of the Holy Spirit?...read more
- Avoiding Ditches - What distractions are you facing?...read more
- Leading Somewhere Good - How are you seeking to walk with God today?...read more