Spiritual StrugglesWhen you struggle spiritually, how do you react?
Top Music Videos
During World War I, Oswald Chambers came to a crossroads. Should he continue to oversee the Bible Training College he had started, or go where God was leading, to serve and minister among the British troops in Egypt? The man whose teachings and insights are found in My Utmost for His Highest chose to follow God. He wrote, "I give it up because I believe I do so in answer to Thy call." Oswald Chambers never looked back. He went and selflessly served God for 2 years in Egypt, until a ruptured appendix led to his death at age 43.
Jesus was in Galilee when He made a "no looking back" decision to make the 3-day journey to Jerusalem. He "resolutely set out" for the city (Luke 9:51), knowing that opposition from Samaritans (who were hostile to the Jews) would make for a thorny trek to Jerusalem, the city where He would ultimately be crucified on a cross. His mission to provide salvation for all who would believe in Him had to be accomplished (Romans 3:25-26).
As He made His way along the dusty roads, Jesus called out to a man, "Come, follow Me" (Luke 9:59). He says the same thing to you and me today. The decision to follow Him is the most important decision we will make, for it leads to eternal life. Without His salvation, we're destined to eternal suffering in hell (Matthew 10:28). When we follow Jesus, we experience "a rich and satisfying life" in Him (John 10:10). But it is also a life, like Jesus' own experience on earth, that will likely be filled with opposition and great difficulty.
Jesus said that a person must leave it all behind to follow Him. "Anyone who puts a hand to the plow and then looks back is not fit for the kingdom of God" (Luke 9:62). Let's follow Him today and not look back. , Tom Felten, Our Daily Journey
CLICK HERE to visit OurDailyJourney.org
- Spiritual Struggles - When you struggle spiritually, how do you react?...read more
- Happy Ascension Day - What’s one way you can celebrate the ascension of Jesus Christ today?...read more
- Mixed Bag - Are there any blind spots in your life?...read more
- All We Need - How might you trust God for the bounty He alone can provide?...read more
- Simple Things - What simple pleasures can you rediscover with God today?...read more
- Thirsty? - How has God provided our identity and significance in Jesus?...read more
- Freedom from Stress - How can loving and obeying God help you to find the peace He has promised His children?...read more
- Portrait of Jesus - What did Jesus endure for you?...read more
- Slow Learners - What are you struggling to understand in your faith journey with Jesus?...read more
- The Same God - Why would it be wrong for God to not deal with sin in such a serious way?...read more
- In Jesus’ Love - What Scripture verses have been most encouraging to you?...read more
- Don’t Hesitate - How can you become more confident in sharing your faith?...read more
- Broken Instruments - Has anyone ever paid the cost of fixing something you’ve broken or destroyed?...read more
- True Sacrifice - How can you better remind yourself of your great wealth in Christ?...read more
- Jesus and the Junk - What are you trying to hide from God and others?...read more
- Changing Our Tune - What angers you today and why?...read more