LaughterHow do joy and laughter reveal the heart of God?
Top Music Videos
During World War I, Oswald Chambers came to a crossroads. Should he continue to oversee the Bible Training College he had started, or go where God was leading, to serve and minister among the British troops in Egypt? The man whose teachings and insights are found in My Utmost for His Highest chose to follow God. He wrote, "I give it up because I believe I do so in answer to Thy call." Oswald Chambers never looked back. He went and selflessly served God for 2 years in Egypt, until a ruptured appendix led to his death at age 43.
Jesus was in Galilee when He made a "no looking back" decision to make the 3-day journey to Jerusalem. He "resolutely set out" for the city (Luke 9:51), knowing that opposition from Samaritans (who were hostile to the Jews) would make for a thorny trek to Jerusalem, the city where He would ultimately be crucified on a cross. His mission to provide salvation for all who would believe in Him had to be accomplished (Romans 3:25-26).
As He made His way along the dusty roads, Jesus called out to a man, "Come, follow Me" (Luke 9:59). He says the same thing to you and me today. The decision to follow Him is the most important decision we will make, for it leads to eternal life. Without His salvation, we're destined to eternal suffering in hell (Matthew 10:28). When we follow Jesus, we experience "a rich and satisfying life" in Him (John 10:10). But it is also a life, like Jesus' own experience on earth, that will likely be filled with opposition and great difficulty.
Jesus said that a person must leave it all behind to follow Him. "Anyone who puts a hand to the plow and then looks back is not fit for the kingdom of God" (Luke 9:62). Let's follow Him today and not look back. , Tom Felten, Our Daily Journey
CLICK HERE to visit OurDailyJourney.org
- Laughter - How do joy and laughter reveal the heart of God?...read more
- Powerful Patience - How can you trust God more even as you wait on Him?...read more
- Overwhelmed - What has sunk your spirits today?...read more
- Greater - How does the knowledge that God is greater than our storms impact the way you feel?...read more
- Voice of Reason - How do you respond to the rage of others?...read more
- Source of Truth - What does Scripture reveal about the issues on your mind today?...read more
- Little Things - Do you measure yourself and others according to God’s standards or the world’s?...read more
- Jesus the Reconciler - What does it add to your understanding of the cross to recognize that Jesus was enacting your reconciliation with God?...read more
- Tasting Heaven - How can you echo God’s future banquet by inviting diverse guests to your dinner parties?...read more
- Possible - What does it mean for you to know that Jesus is your Shepherd?...read more
- "Follow Me!" - Why are you following Jesus?...read more
- Here’s Hope - Why do we sometimes keep our struggles to ourselves?...read more
- Is Jesus Enough? - How do you react when you see injustice in the world, or when circumstances are against you and God seems to be silent?...read more
- Greater Work - What life experience has most challenged your understanding of prayer?...read more
- Awe - Where and when do you find yourself most in awe of God?...read more
- Purpose - How does the apostle Paul’s life demonstrate God’s “purpose” to you?...read more