- Isaiah 46:1 Bel boweth down, Nebo stoopeth, their idols were upon the beasts, and upon the cattle: your carriages were heavy loaden; they are a burden to the weary beast.
- Isaiah 46:2 They stoop, they bow down together; they could not deliver the burden, but themselves are gone into captivity.
- Isaiah 46:3 Hearken unto me, O house of Jacob, and all the remnant of the house of Israel, which are borne by me from the belly, which are carried from the womb:
- Isaiah 46:4 And even to your old age I am he; and even to hoar hairs will I carry you: I have made, and I will bear; even I will carry, and will deliver you.
- Isaiah 46:5 To whom will ye liken me, and make me equal, and compare me, that we may be like?
- Isaiah 46:6 They lavish gold out of the bag, and weigh silver in the balance, and hire a goldsmith; and he maketh it a god: they fall down, yea, they worship.
- Isaiah 46:7 They bear him upon the shoulder, they carry him, and set him in his place, and he standeth; from his place shall he not remove: yea, one shall cry unto him, yet can he not answer, nor save him out of his trouble.
- Isaiah 46:8 Remember this, and shew yourselves men: bring it again to mind, O ye transgressors.
- Isaiah 46:9 Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me,
- Isaiah 46:10 Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:
- Isaiah 46:11 Calling a ravenous bird from the east, the man that executeth my counsel from a far country: yea, I have spoken it, I will also bring it to pass; I have purposed it, I will also do it.
- Isaiah 46:12 Hearken unto me, ye stouthearted, that are far from righteousness:
- Isaiah 46:13 I bring near my righteousness; it shall not be far off, and my salvation shall not tarry: and I will place salvation in Zion for Israel my glory.
You can read through all of Isaiah 46 below.Click the verse number to read commentary, definitions, meanings, and notesfor that particular Isaiah 46 verse.