Pastor Jon Dunbar: "Now...and not yet" - Sermon Videos
Embed stpaulutica 310 views 2013-11-03T16:55:26 The Christian faith is full of paradoxes. A paradox is a set of two claims that are both true even though they appear to contradict one another. (e.g. Jesus is both 100% human and 100% divine, the cross is a place of both death and life, etc.). The All Saints Sunday readings reveal another paradox of Christianity. The promise of heaven is “now and not yet”. (An illustration of this would be my son’s waking up on the day of his birthday asking, “Is it my birthday yet?” “Yes, it is!” I said. “Do I get to eat my cake and open my presents now?” he asked. ”Not quite yet,” I answered.) Every Christian is in a similar situation with regard to heaven. Your name has been enrolled there even now. In your baptism, the Holy Spirit has sealed you for eternal life even now. Still, the time when you can enjoy the full experience of heavenly glory has not yet come. For now, we are not the saints of Revelation 7; we are the saints of Matthew 5, still awaiting God’s final blessing. Now and not yet. It’s a paradox. And to be sure paradoxes are not always comfortable places to live. But we have the certainty that God will one day resolve this “inbetween” way of life, and the glory of heaven will be fully and finally ours!
More Sermon Videos
- Talented Group Gives Irish Dance A Modern MakeoverMusic Videos
- Powerful Story About Music Brings A News Anchor To TearsInspirational Videos
- Social Experiment Shows How Appearance Changes The Way We Are TreatedInspirational Videos
- ‘Where I Am Right Now’ – Powerful Worship Song Will BLOW You AwayMusic Videos
- 15-Year-Old STUNS Judges With ‘I Am A Man Of Constant Sorrow’Inspirational Videos
- BibleStudyTools.com: Must-See Version of Psalm 91 Has Taken Us by StormEducation Videos
- Christianity.com: Can a Christian practice yoga to the glory of God?-David Powliso...Education Videos
- Easter Version of ‘Hallelujah’ Will Give You ChillsMusic Videos
- MercyMe - Shake (Official Music Video)Music Videos
- ‘Trust In You’ – Beautiful New Worship Song From Lauren DaigleMusic Videos
- Couple Reunites For Precious Proposal At Wal-Mart After Being Divorced 43 YearsInspirational Videos
- Loving Husband Shows Blind Devotion To Wife After She Loses Her SightInspirational Videos
No playlists found for this account.