A Christmas Dream - Today's Christian Videos
When my children were little I use to read them the story The little match girl ... the sad story reads ...It was very, very cold; it snowed and it grew dark; it was the last evening of the year, New Year's Eve. In the cold and dark a poor little girl, with bare head and bare feet, was walking through the streets.
She slipped across the road, where two carriages were rattling by terribly fast. The little girl went with her little naked feet, which were quite red and blue with the cold. In an old apron she carried a number of matches, and a bundle of them in her hand. No one had bought anything of her all day; no one had given her a copper. Hungry and cold she went, and drew herself together, poor little thing! The snowflakes fell on her long hair, which curled prettily over her neck; but she did not think of that now. In all the windows lights were shining, and there was a glorious smell of roast goose out there in the street; it was no doubt New Year's Eve. Yes, she thought of that!
In a corner formed by two houses, one of which was a little farther from the street than the other, she sat down and crept close. She had drawn up her little feet, but she was still colder, and she did not dare to go home, for she had sold no matches, and she had not a single cent; her father would beat her; and besides, it was cold at home, for they had nothing over the them but a roof through which the wind whistled, though straw and rags stopped the largest holes.
Her small hands were quite numb with the cold. Ah! a little match might do her good if she only dared draw one from the bundle, and strike it against the wall, and warm her fingers at it. She drew one out. R-r-atch! how it spluttered and burned! It was a warm bright flame, like a little candle, when she held her hands over it; it was a wonderful little light!
It really seemed to the little girl as if she sat before a great polished stove, with bright brass feet
More videos from this user
Recommended for you
- Can a Nation Shipwreck?elliesinceresmile00:09:462,538 views
- Alienated for God?elliesinceresmile00:08:062,802 views
- Ellie and her purple crayonelliesinceresmile00:08:441,839 views
- Ellen of Troyelliesinceresmile00:09:071,110 views
- My Sand Castleselliesinceresmile00:06:012,433 views
- A New Years Secretelliesinceresmile00:08:381,684 views
- The canvas of my submitted heartelliesinceresmile00:04:003,050 views
- A woman without excuseelliesinceresmile00:03:552,334 views
- For My King This Glass Shoe Fitselliesinceresmile00:03:356,321 views
- When God is in to Gameselliesinceresmile00:04:013,839 views
- A simple invitationelliesinceresmile00:04:452,471 views
- Measured Successelliesinceresmile00:06:203,767 views
- Twice I was tested with the question pro-life or pro-choi...elliesinceresmile00:03:164,546 views
- His Spilled Perfumeelliesinceresmile00:04:003,193 views
- All Consuming Fireelliesinceresmile00:08:553,471 views
- MercyMe "Shake" Story Behind The Songmercymemusic00:02:143,778 views
- When You See What Caused This Transformation, You'll Cry.anberlin_fan99,733 views
- Behind the Scenes on NOAH – Building the Ark gracehillmedia00:04:326,819 views
- He's Caught in the Freezing Cold. . .Will People Let Him ...ourprecioussavior66,970 views
- Bob Smiley on his favorite jobcomedian00:01:2111,574 views