THE 1937 FLOOD.mpg. - Inspirational Videos
Embed phase777 322 views 2011-01-19T13:45:12 In Reference to:A Pictorial History of Lawrence County Ohio A.M. Reign Productions, All Rights Received. The Great Ohio River Flood of 1937 took place in late January and February with damage stretching from Pennsylvania to Illinois, 1 million were left homeless with 385 dead and property losses reaching $500 million, January 1937 remains as the wettest month ever recorded in Ohio, further worsened by the fact that it occurred during the Great Depression and just a few years after The Dust Bowl. Compounding the devastation was the numerous gas and electrical fires that ravaged the city, with no way of reaching the fires many of the downtown structures were totally destroyed. But through strong faith and resilience Ironton made a miraculous recovery and went on to construct a flood wall system surrounding the city in 1938 which is still in used to this day.
More Inspirational Videos
- Powerful Story About Music Brings A News Anchor To TearsInspirational Videos
- ‘Holy Spirit’ – Awe-Inspiring Kari Jobe Hit Will Move YouMusic Videos
- This Beautiful Version of Psalm 23 Had Me in TearsInspirational Videos
- ‘Where I Am Right Now’ – Powerful Worship Song Will BLOW You AwayMusic Videos
- Loving Husband Shows Blind Devotion To Wife After She Loses Her SightInspirational Videos
- Talented Group Gives Irish Dance A Modern MakeoverMusic Videos
- Skit Guys - Psalms for Lent: 1st SundayMinistry Videos
- Easter Version of ‘Hallelujah’ Will Give You ChillsMusic Videos
- Social Experiment Shows How Appearance Changes The Way We Are TreatedInspirational Videos
- ‘This I Know’ – Inspiring NEW Song From CrowderMusic Videos
- BibleStudyTools.com: This Powerful Video of the "Love Chapter" Gave Me ChillsInspirational Videos
- Shout Out ‘We BELIEVE’ With This Praise-Worthy Newsboys HitMusic Videos
No playlists found for this account.