Pastor Jon Dunbar: "God's Gift of Faith" - Sermon Videos
Embed stpaulutica 544 views 2013-10-06T12:54:04 The keyword for this Sunday is “faith”. God tells the frustrated and angry prophet Habbakkuk to have faith in God’s vision of better things to come. Paul happily points out the “sincere faith” of the young pastor Timothy. Jesus tells his overwhelmed and underqualified apostles they need “faith like a mustard seed.” And who among us hasn’t wished our own faith in God were stronger, more consistent, and more certain? We get ourselves into trouble when we think of faith as a natural ability like throwing a good spiral or figuring out a math problem. Too often this leads to the despair of wondering what’s wrong with us that we struggle with fear and doubts. But faith is not natural to any of us. It comes to us always and only as a gift given freely and daily by the God who loves us and called us to faith in the first place. The apostles may have had the wrong understanding of what faith was, but at least they were asking the right person! Lord Jesus, please give me the faith I need for this day and help that faith – small though it be – to grow like the mustard seed so I can be a blessing to others. Amen.
More Sermon Videos
- ‘Warrior’ – Powerful New Song From Steven Curtis ChapmanMusic Videos
- It Was A Typical Lip Dub Until A Phone Call Changed EVERYTHING!Inspirational Videos
- Christianity.com: If a Christian commits suicide, do they still go to heaven?-Joe ...Education Videos
- ‘Lord, I Lift Your Name On High’ – Group’s MercyMe Cover Will Give You CHILLS!Music Videos
- ‘War Room’ – Movie Trailer Proves Prayer Is POWERFULMovies
- BibleStudyTools.com: 5 Healing Bible Verses for You and Your FamilyInspirational Videos
- Depression. Lonliness. Sin. And God.Today's Christian Videos
- Skit Guys - GraceInspirational Videos
- This Girl’s Cover of 'In Christ Alone' Will Knock You Down. WOW.Music Videos
- Casting Crowns - Jesus, Friend of Sinners (Official Music Video)Music Videos
- MercyMe - Shake (Official Music Video)Music Videos
- Blessed 5-Year-Old Sings Gospel Classic And Leaves Everyone In TEARS!Music Videos
No playlists found for this account.