tejemax's Video ChannelLast Updated 2010-10-01T23:53:06
"I want to be known as preacher who can dance, not a dancer who can preach."
Born and raised in St. Louis, MO, Evangelist Terrell J Maxwell has been developing every gift and talent for one purpose - to glorify God. Having a strong spiritual upbringing on both sides of his family has allowed him to discover who God is for himself at an early age.
Terrell has a hunger and passion for ministry. He is an active member of the Calvary Missionary Baptist Church under the covering of Senior Pastor-Teacher, Wilbert H. Goatley, Jr. He accepted his call to preaching ministry as one of God's chosen vessels at the tender age of 18, and has been on fire for the Lord ever since.
God has blessed Terrell with a passion for dance. Before his calling to preach, dancing was what Terrell was known best for. He believed that he would be a choreographer or a backup dancer in the secular industry. However, God had different plans for his life. Answering the call to preach - he believed - ended his chances of doing what he loved - dancing. God did not allow his gift of dance to diminish, but reminded Terrell that the art of "dance" began with Him.
Terrell was introduced to the Interpretive Dance/Gospel Mime ministry in Junction City, Kansas in 2000 while serving in the US Army. His unique form of worship, utilizing dance and mime has been seen by many in the metro St. Louis area and abroad.
Terrell has opened for national recording artists such as: Evelyn Turrentine-Agee & the Warriors, and Deitrick Haddon.
Terrell has worked with well-known liturgical dance Artistic Directors and choreographers such as Minister Raymond Young (the Founding Director of the Vessels of Praise, the Children of the Redeemed, and Transitions Liturgical Dance Ministries in Miami, Florida) as an instructor for the "In Him We Move" Conference. He was also a featured instructor at the Youth Gospel Music Conference (YGMC). Terrell is known internationally as his gift of teaching afforded him the opportunity to travel to General Santos, Philippines. Some of his most requested presentations are: "REAL WITH U", "STAND", "OH WHAT LOVE", "I'VE GOT A REASON", "ENCOURAGE YOURSELF", "GOD IS HERE", and "NEVER LET YOU DOWN".
His current success is due to the fact that he understands that dance is a ministry. "Ministry is meant to serve others and not yourself.", says Terrell. "Through my art of dance, I try to become the song, the music, the speaker, and what the audience is going through. If at the end of the song, you did not see God, the situation, or yourself, then whom did I serve?"
And The Word Was Made Flesh (Part 3 of 3)
Sermon by Rev. Terrell Maxwell at "Seek the Lost Outreach Ministry" in San Antonio, TX. Translated by Rev. Robert Vallejo
2,406 viewsView comments, related videos & more
- And The Word Was Made Flesh (Part 3 of 3)tejemax00:07:012,406 views
- And The Word Was Made Flesh (Part 2 of 3)tejemax00:07:332,371 views
- And The Word Was Made Flesh (Part 1 of 3)tejemax00:07:022,236 views
- Your Tears - Bishop Paul Morton (Part 2)tejemax00:05:222,989 views
- In Search of Rest (Part 2)tejemax00:07:571,850 views
- Your Tears - Bishop Paul Morton (Part 1)tejemax00:08:094,512 views
- Medley - Shekinah Glory/TD Jakes/Israel and New Breedtejemax00:07:564,529 views
- It Shall Be Well (Part 1)tejemax00:08:302,368 views
- It Shall Be Well (Part 2)tejemax00:08:042,672 views
- It Shall Be Well (Part 3)tejemax00:06:152,473 views
- It Shall Be Well (Part 4)tejemax00:07:292,689 views
- In Search of Rest (Part 1)tejemax00:08:032,399 views
- In Search of Rest (Part 3)tejemax00:08:251,922 views
- Conquerors - Terrell J Maxwelltejemax00:06:193,643 views
- I Give You Praise - Terrell J Maxwelltejemax00:05:193,902 views
- I've Got A Reason - Terrell J Maxwelltejemax00:05:003,691 views
- Oh What Love - Terrell J Maxwelltejemax00:07:124,263 views
- Real With U - Terrell J Maxwelltejemax00:05:504,093 views