odysseynetworks's UploadsBack to odysseynetworks's channel.
- Whitney Houston: Faith Before FamePopular singer Whitney Houston will be remembered on Saturday at the Newark Baptist church where she lifted her voice as a young choir member. Before rising to top the charts, she grew up in a community of faith that remained influential throughou...odysseynetworks00:02:38
- What Would Jesus Do…About the Budget?Joining a chorus of Catholic voices, the Rev. Thomas Reese, senior fellow at the Woodstock Theological Center at Georgetown University, recently sent a letter to Rep. Paul Ryan objecting to Ryan's claim that his Catholic upbringing was reflected i...odysseynetworks00:04:48
- Trayvon Martin, Faith and Social JusticeA month after Trayvon Martin’s killing in Sanford, Florida, the call for justice – and social justice – continues growing. Some of the loudest voices have risen from faith communities to speak out against racial inequities and last Sunday, hoodies...odysseynetworks00:03:32
- The Struggle Over Costly Health CareIn a stunning decision, the U.S. Supreme Court on Thursday upheld most of the Obama health care overhaul, including the individual mandate that requires nearly all Americans to purchase health insurance. The Affordable Care Act, passed and signed ...odysseynetworks00:04:01
- Standing Up for a Moral BudgetThe Rev. Jim Wallis, president and CEO of Sojourners, discusses the role that religious leaders need to take in challenging the deep cuts proposed to the federal budget and advocate for programs like SNAP that serve the most needy. "The politician...odysseynetworks00:02:50
- Faces of Poverty: Life at the Breaking PointReading, Pa. was recently named the poorest city in America, according to recent census figures. Forty-one percent of the city's residents live below the poverty line; good-paying work is scarce as factories and other plants continue to shutter in...odysseynetworks00:24:56
- A House Divided: The Black Church and Gay MarriageA rift in the black church over gay marriage has widened in the weeks since both President Barack Obama and the NAACP came out in support of marriage equality. The Rev. Anthony Evans, president of the National Black Church Initiative, and The Rev....odysseynetworks00:04:55
- Transformation Through EducationAntoinne Murphy is serving a 25-year-to-life sentence for homicide at Sing Sing Correctional Facility. Murphy grew up in a middle class home in Flushing, Queens. At 16, he says he headed down the wrong path and began selling drugs. Since his incar...odysseynetworks00:03:15
- Sumter Faith Clinic: The Lord Led UsIn October 2011, nurse practitioners Mary Wysochansky and Anna Stinchcum founded and opened the Sumter Faith Clinic — a free clinic to treat the uninsured and underinsured in Americus, Ga., a community Wysochansky says has been particularly hard-h...odysseynetworks00:04:59
- Christians in the Middle East: Struggles for Acceptance i...Yvonne Haddad, a professor of the history of Islam and Christian-Muslim relations at Georgetown University, explains that Christians are fleeing war-torn areas like Syria, Iraq and Egypt as turmoil continues to upend stability in the region. odysseynetworks00:02:46
- Protestants Favor Romney, Catholics Favor ObamaAs we head into the weekend, Odyssey shares the stories we've been tracking in the news. The Pew Research Center for the People & the Press recently found that Protestants favor Romney and Catholics favor Obama. Jewish officials honored a group of...odysseynetworks00:03:00
- Loving Jesus but Doubting ReligionIn January 2012, 22-year-old Tacoma, Wash. resident Jefferson Bethke posted a recorded performance of his poem "Why I Hate Religion, but Love Jesus" on YouTube. It was an overnight Internet sensation, garnering more than 18 million hits and covera...odysseynetworks00:04:05
Loving God, Loving OthersHow do you typically identify someone as being a believer in Jesus?