glsociety's UploadsBack to glsociety's channel.
- Persecution in the Second Century, Part 3 - Polycarp (The...SCRIPTURE: 2 Corinthians 4:17-18, "For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory; While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the ...glsociety00:14:25
- Iran threatens to close the Strait of Hormuz if sanctions...Iran threatens to close the Strait of Hormuz if sanctions increase. According to The Hill, Members of the Iranian legislature moved to shut down the Strait of Hormuz on Tuesday, a move guaranteed to further escalate tensions between Tehran and the...glsociety00:06:12
- Turkey weighs response after Syria shoots down its jet (S...Turkey weighs response after Syria shoots down its jet. According to the New York Times, Syria said Friday that its military forces had shot down a Turkish jet that had entered its airspace just off the Syrian coast.
Italians fear a Eur...glsociety00:07:45
- Persecution in the Second Century, Part 2 - Ignatius (The...SCRIPTURE: Acts 14:22, "Confirming the souls of the disciples, and exhorting them to continue in the faith, and that we must through much tribulation enter into the kingdom of God."
QUOTE: Clement of Alexandria, "Above all Christians ar...glsociety00:14:41
- Persecution in the Second Century, Part 1 (The History of...SCRIPTURE: 2 Timothy 3:12, "Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus
shall suffer persecution."
QUOTE: Ignatius of Antioch, "Now I begin to be a disciple...Let fire and cross,
flocks of beasts, broken bo...glsociety00:16:48
- Iran could have enough material for a nuclear bomb within...Date: June 22, 2012
By: Daniel Whyte III
Description: Iran could have enough material for a nuclear bomb within 4 months. According to Israel Hayom, U.S. officials believe Iran will be able to produce enough fissile material ...glsociety00:07:24
- Objections In the Discussion of Faith and Reason (Part 3)...Released: June 10, 2014 By: Daniel Whyte III
Our Reasons to Believe Scripture passage for today is 1 Corinthians 9:19-22. It reads, "For though I be free from all men, yet have I made myself servant unto all, that I might gain the ...glsociety00:10:14
- Officials say the U.S. and Israel developed the Flame vir...Date: June 21, 2012
By: Daniel Whyte III
Description: Officials say the U.S. and Israel developed the Flame virus to slow down Iranian nuclear efforts. According to the Washington Post, the United States and Israel jointly de...glsociety00:08:10
- Chinese police raid house church and arrest 17 people (Se...Chinese police raid house church and arrest 17 people. According to ChinaAid, a baptism service at a Han Chinese house church in China's western region of Xin-jiang was raided by local officials and police who detained 17 Christians.
- First Conflicts with the State, Part 3 - Nero (The Histor...SCRIPTURE: Hebrews 9:28, "So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation."
QUOTE: Origen, "To those who ask us whence we have come or whom ...glsociety00:18:21
- First Conflicts with the State, Part 4 - Domitian (The Hi...SCRIPTURE: John 15:18, "If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you."
QUOTE: Athanasius of Alexandria, "Christians, instead of arming themselves with swords, extend their hands in prayer."
- Egypt’s Christians see hope in court’s decision to dissol...Egypt's Christians see hope in court's decision to dissolve parliament. According to Compass Direct News, Christians in Egypt welcomed the court decision to dissolve the Islamist-controlled parliament due to election irregularities.
- Mission to the Gentiles, Part 5 (The History of Christian...SCRIPTURE: Acts 5:12, "And through the hands of the apostles many signs and wonders were done among the people. And they were all with one accord in Solomon’s Porch."
QUOTE: C. S. Lewis, "History is a story written by the finger of God....glsociety00:10:29
- First Conflicts with the State, Part 1 (The History of Ch...SCRIPTURE: Revelation 3:8, "I know thy works: behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it: for thou hast a little strength, and hast kept my word, and hast not denied my name."
QUOTE: Philip Schaff, "How shall we...glsociety00:12:13
- Mission to the Gentiles, Part 2 (The History of Christian...SCRIPTURE: Job 19:25, "For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth."
QUOTE: Philip Graham Ryken, "Authentic, biblical Christianity has always been an exclusive religion. This became appar...glsociety00:14:51
- Mission to the Gentiles, Part 4 (The History of Christian...SCRIPTURE: Matthew 10:2-4, "Now the names of the twelve apostles are these; The first, Simon, who is called Peter, and Andrew his brother; James the son of Zebedee, and John his brother; Philip, and Bartholomew; Thomas, and Matthew the publican; J...glsociety00:10:53
Shine BrightlyWhat’s keeping you from shining brighter for Jesus?