glsociety's UploadsBack to glsociety's channel.
- Objections In the Discussion of Faith and Reason (Part 3)...Released: June 10, 2014 By: Daniel Whyte III
Our Reasons to Believe Scripture passage for today is 1 Corinthians 9:19-22. It reads, "For though I be free from all men, yet have I made myself servant unto all, that I might gain the ...glsociety00:10:14
- Officials say the U.S. and Israel developed the Flame vir...Date: June 21, 2012
By: Daniel Whyte III
Description: Officials say the U.S. and Israel developed the Flame virus to slow down Iranian nuclear efforts. According to the Washington Post, the United States and Israel jointly de...glsociety00:08:10
- Chinese police raid house church and arrest 17 people (Se...Chinese police raid house church and arrest 17 people. According to ChinaAid, a baptism service at a Han Chinese house church in China's western region of Xin-jiang was raided by local officials and police who detained 17 Christians.
- First Conflicts with the State, Part 3 - Nero (The Histor...SCRIPTURE: Hebrews 9:28, "So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation."
QUOTE: Origen, "To those who ask us whence we have come or whom ...glsociety00:18:21
- First Conflicts with the State, Part 4 - Domitian (The Hi...SCRIPTURE: John 15:18, "If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you."
QUOTE: Athanasius of Alexandria, "Christians, instead of arming themselves with swords, extend their hands in prayer."
- Egypt’s Christians see hope in court’s decision to dissol...Egypt's Christians see hope in court's decision to dissolve parliament. According to Compass Direct News, Christians in Egypt welcomed the court decision to dissolve the Islamist-controlled parliament due to election irregularities.
- Mission to the Gentiles, Part 5 (The History of Christian...SCRIPTURE: Acts 5:12, "And through the hands of the apostles many signs and wonders were done among the people. And they were all with one accord in Solomon’s Porch."
QUOTE: C. S. Lewis, "History is a story written by the finger of God....glsociety00:10:29
- First Conflicts with the State, Part 1 (The History of Ch...SCRIPTURE: Revelation 3:8, "I know thy works: behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it: for thou hast a little strength, and hast kept my word, and hast not denied my name."
QUOTE: Philip Schaff, "How shall we...glsociety00:12:13
- Mission to the Gentiles, Part 2 (The History of Christian...SCRIPTURE: Job 19:25, "For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth."
QUOTE: Philip Graham Ryken, "Authentic, biblical Christianity has always been an exclusive religion. This became appar...glsociety00:14:51
- Mission to the Gentiles, Part 4 (The History of Christian...SCRIPTURE: Matthew 10:2-4, "Now the names of the twelve apostles are these; The first, Simon, who is called Peter, and Andrew his brother; James the son of Zebedee, and John his brother; Philip, and Bartholomew; Thomas, and Matthew the publican; J...glsociety00:10:53
- Hamas renews rocket fire from Gaza as 40 missiles explode...Date: June 20, 2012
By: Daniel Whyte III
Description: Hamas renews rocket fire from Gaza as 40 missiles explode in southern Israel. According to Haaretz, Hamas has launched a barrage of rockets toward southern Israel on Tuesd...glsociety00:05:59
- Mission to the Gentiles, Part 1 (The History of Christian...SCRIPTURE: Romans 1:16, "For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek."
QUOTE: Paul House, "The early church was most useful...glsociety00:11:28
- The Church In Jerusalem, Part 3 (The History of Christian...SCRIPTURE: Acts 11:26, "And when he had found him, he brought him unto Antioch. And it came to pass, that a whole year they assembled themselves with the church, and taught much people. And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch."glsociety00:13:22
- The Church in Jerusalem, Part 2 (The History of Christian...SCRIPTURE: 1 Corinthians 1:18, "For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God."
QUOTE: J. C. Wenger, "Christianity burst into a corrupt world with a brilliantly ne...glsociety00:10:55
- The Church in Jerusalem, Part 1 (The History of Christian...SCRIPTURE: Acts 4:33, "And with great power gave the apostles witness of the resurrection of the Lord Jesus: and great grace was upon them all."
QUOTE: Timothy Keller, "The early church was strikingly different from the culture around i...glsociety00:12:46
- The Fullness of Time, Part 10 (The History of Christianit...SCRIPTURE: Hebrews 1:3, "Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high." glsociety00:13:27