Autograph of the OrdinaryDo you accept the truth that God is in your ordinary work?
Top Christian Music Videos
Friday November 15
using the keys
Based on the bulky size of the key ring that holds my car and house keys, losing it shouldn’t be an issue. But it seems that I’m always searching for my keys, and they’re hardest to find when I need them most. One time I lost a set of keys after wrapping up gift baskets we had made for a youth fundraiser. I imagined someone opening her gift, only to wonder how to claim the house and car that came with her basket!
In John 14:12, Jesus tells us, “Anyone who believes in Me will do the same works I have done, and even greater works, because I am going to be with the Father.” This teaching has been a difficult one for me to wrap my mind around—especially reading about the incredible miracles Jesus performed. I’ve come to realize, however, the difference between knowing I’m a citizen of His kingdom and actually living as one.
Intellectually, we digest the truths of Scripture and seek to put them into practice. Yet one of the key elements of Jesus’ ministry was His authority—not in the sense of telling people what to do, but in His understanding of who He was and is. Extending far beyond information, His identity—and thus His authority—comes from heaven, not earth (Revelation 1:13-18). So should ours.
His life for ours, the cross was an identity exchange. But Jesus didn’t need to go to the cross to reclaim power He had somehow lost. After all, He had already demanded that the grave relinquish the dead, that bodies be healed, hearts be restored, and demons flee.
I am the living one. I died, but look—I am alive forever and ever! And I hold the keys of death and the grave (v.18).
Read Acts 4:1-20 and consider what it means to have a clear understanding of your authority in Jesus.
What does it mean for you to have an identity based on heaven’s view rather than earth’s? What are some areas where you believe Jesus is calling you to walk in a greater sense of His authority?
- Autograph of the Ordinary - Do you accept the truth that God is in your ordinary work?...read more
- The Gift of Love - How should you respond to such a great love?...read more
- Warm Welcome - How does warm hospitality reflect God’s loving heart?...read more
- In the Gap - What has God equipped you with to intercede for others?...read more
- Confession and Blessing - How does repentance reveal our faith and trust in Jesus?...read more
- Breaking the Mold - How are you sharing Jesus with the next generation?...read more
- Diseased Hearts - What are the implications of only God truly knowing the heart and being able to cure it?...read more
- To Make Them Better - To follow Jesus means we allow God to transform the whole of our life....read more
- Looking for Work? - Consider how God has uniquely equipped you....read more
- Out of the Blue - God intervened before we were aware of our need....read more
- Joy and Sadness - Is there sadness in your life you need to embrace?...read more
- Passion Unleashed - What gifts and talents has God given you?...read more
- Thankful for What? - How do your difficult times more clearly illustrate God’s power and redemption?...read more
- Where Desire Takes Us - What desires have you been wrestling with?...read more
- Nursing a Grudge - Why is it vital for you to bring your bitter feelings to God?...read more
- A New Person - What regret do you need to give to Jesus?...read more