Sweet MusicWhat things have you been trying to handle without prayer?
Top Music Videos
Sunday October 6
unfold His Word
How many times have you, like I, delved into sin— be it addiction, sexual impropriety, gossip, pride, unbridled anger, slothfulness—in attempts to mask the pain of life? It’s all too easy to respond to the emptiness, disappointment, or hurt that we’re experiencing by turning away from God’s commands instead of to them.
Sin, however, never leads to the peace or lasting fulfillment we long for. On the contrary, choosing to take things into our own hands as we disobey God leads to heartache and often to deep depression.
It may be hard to understand how God’s Word can bring satisfaction to our lives when we believe we’re missing out on some human relationship or material comfort. Yet it’s only when we communicate with God and place our confidence in Him and His Word that we’ll experience peace that surpasses understanding and fulfillment that defies circumstances (Philippians 4:6-7; 1 Timothy 6:6).
One place to turn in Scripture when you’re facing seemingly insurmountable trials is Psalm 119 The psalmist testifies to the encouragement that was and is available in God’s Word. There’s so much to learn from the writer as he implores God to open his eyes “to see the wonderful truths” in Scripture (v.18). You can follow his lead by...
- Being guided by the wisdom found in God’s Word (v.130). • Living a godly life as revealed in His Word (v.133).
- Seeking God and His love as presented in His Word (v.135).
- Trusting God and His promises as modeled in His Word (v.140).
Cry out to God. Turn to His Word. There and only there will you find the comfort and guidance you seek. Unfold His Word, and allow it to open your eyes. —Roxanne Robbins
The teaching of Your Word gives light, so even the simple can understand (v.130).
Read Psalm 119:105 and consider why spending consistent time in God’s Word is essential for all believers in Jesus.
What promise from the Bible do you need to claim today? Why is it vital to meditate on Scripture all day long?
- Sweet Music - What things have you been trying to handle without prayer?...read more
- Laughter - How do joy and laughter reveal the heart of God?...read more
- Powerful Patience - How can you trust God more even as you wait on Him?...read more
- Overwhelmed - What has sunk your spirits today?...read more
- Greater - How does the knowledge that God is greater than our storms impact the way you feel?...read more
- Voice of Reason - How do you respond to the rage of others?...read more
- Source of Truth - What does Scripture reveal about the issues on your mind today?...read more
- Little Things - Do you measure yourself and others according to God’s standards or the world’s?...read more
- Jesus the Reconciler - What does it add to your understanding of the cross to recognize that Jesus was enacting your reconciliation with God?...read more
- Tasting Heaven - How can you echo God’s future banquet by inviting diverse guests to your dinner parties?...read more
- Possible - What does it mean for you to know that Jesus is your Shepherd?...read more
- "Follow Me!" - Why are you following Jesus?...read more
- Here’s Hope - Why do we sometimes keep our struggles to ourselves?...read more
- Is Jesus Enough? - How do you react when you see injustice in the world, or when circumstances are against you and God seems to be silent?...read more
- Greater Work - What life experience has most challenged your understanding of prayer?...read more
- Awe - Where and when do you find yourself most in awe of God?...read more