What's ImportantHow has God been training you lately?
Top Christian Music Videos
Sunday October 6
unfold His Word
How many times have you, like I, delved into sin— be it addiction, sexual impropriety, gossip, pride, unbridled anger, slothfulness—in attempts to mask the pain of life? It’s all too easy to respond to the emptiness, disappointment, or hurt that we’re experiencing by turning away from God’s commands instead of to them.
Sin, however, never leads to the peace or lasting fulfillment we long for. On the contrary, choosing to take things into our own hands as we disobey God leads to heartache and often to deep depression.
It may be hard to understand how God’s Word can bring satisfaction to our lives when we believe we’re missing out on some human relationship or material comfort. Yet it’s only when we communicate with God and place our confidence in Him and His Word that we’ll experience peace that surpasses understanding and fulfillment that defies circumstances (Philippians 4:6-7; 1 Timothy 6:6).
One place to turn in Scripture when you’re facing seemingly insurmountable trials is Psalm 119 The psalmist testifies to the encouragement that was and is available in God’s Word. There’s so much to learn from the writer as he implores God to open his eyes “to see the wonderful truths” in Scripture (v.18). You can follow his lead by...
- Being guided by the wisdom found in God’s Word (v.130). • Living a godly life as revealed in His Word (v.133).
- Seeking God and His love as presented in His Word (v.135).
- Trusting God and His promises as modeled in His Word (v.140).
Cry out to God. Turn to His Word. There and only there will you find the comfort and guidance you seek. Unfold His Word, and allow it to open your eyes. —Roxanne Robbins
The teaching of Your Word gives light, so even the simple can understand (v.130).
Read Psalm 119:105 and consider why spending consistent time in God’s Word is essential for all believers in Jesus.
What promise from the Bible do you need to claim today? Why is it vital to meditate on Scripture all day long?
- What's Important - How has God been training you lately?...read more
- Choosing to Forget - What painful memory is holding you back from peace with God?...read more
- Not about Fame - How has Jesus changed your life?...read more
- Faithful and True - What experiences have shaped your understanding of what it means to be faithful?...read more
- Living Houses of Prayer - What does it mean for you to be a living house of prayer?...read more
- Test of Courage - Read Proverbs 21:30-31 to see how true success depends on God....read more
- Calling on the Air - In what ways have you called on God for direction ?...read more
- Only the Beginning - What hope has God brought you today?...read more
- Disciplined for Freedom - Praise God and display your gratitude to Him today!...read more
- What Will We Become? - What does it mean for you to be God’s masterpiece?...read more
- Taking the Hate - Which portions of the Bible trouble you the most?...read more
- Not a Distant God - Read Romans 8:31-39 to be reminded of the intimate love God has for us....read more
- A Greater Power - Read Jeremiah 31:20-25 and consider the power of God’s restoration...read more
- Anger Management - Read Matthew 5:21-22 to see what Jesus said about anger and sin....read more
- Moving Past Memories - How can experiencing God’s forgiveness for our sin help us to extend grace to others?...read more
- There is Hope - What has caused you to lose hope recently?...read more