Top Christian Music Videos
Sunday October 6
unfold His Word
How many times have you, like I, delved into sin— be it addiction, sexual impropriety, gossip, pride, unbridled anger, slothfulness—in attempts to mask the pain of life? It’s all too easy to respond to the emptiness, disappointment, or hurt that we’re experiencing by turning away from God’s commands instead of to them.
Sin, however, never leads to the peace or lasting fulfillment we long for. On the contrary, choosing to take things into our own hands as we disobey God leads to heartache and often to deep depression.
It may be hard to understand how God’s Word can bring satisfaction to our lives when we believe we’re missing out on some human relationship or material comfort. Yet it’s only when we communicate with God and place our confidence in Him and His Word that we’ll experience peace that surpasses understanding and fulfillment that defies circumstances (Philippians 4:6-7; 1 Timothy 6:6).
One place to turn in Scripture when you’re facing seemingly insurmountable trials is Psalm 119 The psalmist testifies to the encouragement that was and is available in God’s Word. There’s so much to learn from the writer as he implores God to open his eyes “to see the wonderful truths” in Scripture (v.18). You can follow his lead by...
- Being guided by the wisdom found in God’s Word (v.130). • Living a godly life as revealed in His Word (v.133).
- Seeking God and His love as presented in His Word (v.135).
- Trusting God and His promises as modeled in His Word (v.140).
Cry out to God. Turn to His Word. There and only there will you find the comfort and guidance you seek. Unfold His Word, and allow it to open your eyes. —Roxanne Robbins
The teaching of Your Word gives light, so even the simple can understand (v.130).
Read Psalm 119:105 and consider why spending consistent time in God’s Word is essential for all believers in Jesus.
What promise from the Bible do you need to claim today? Why is it vital to meditate on Scripture all day long?
- Fireworks and Mercy - How does it make you feel to know that God understands your human frailty and has mercy on you?...read more
- Happy at You - Do you know deep down that God loves you dearly?...read more
- The Shepherd's Voice - Have you ever had an experience where you believe God spoke to you?...read more
- Fearless - How can you learn to trust God more deeply and follow Him more courageously?...read more
- Next Steps - Have you ever made a choice or taken an unwise risk that caused you pain?...read more
- Cleansing and Calling - What does it mean to follow God’s calling in your life?...read more
- Finding Refuge - What does it mean for God to be your true refuge?...read more
- Why Pray? - What do you need to ask God for today?...read more
- Love and Adoption - What does it mean to you to be adopted by your heavenly Father?...read more
- Worship and Service - Why is it so vital for you to worship God with all you are?...read more
- Holy Desperation - Do you have a personal relationship with Jesus?...read more
- Insisting on Joy - What would it look like for you to insist on joy this week?...read more
- Hot Water - Where in your spiritual life have you become complacent?...read more
- Remade - Do any areas of your life need to be remade?...read more
- God’s Renewing Presence - What can you do to experience God’s renewing presence today?...read more
- Enduring Hope - Have you lost hope and become disillusioned with life?...read more