Connecting the DotsWhat good work is God doing in your life?
Top Music Videos
Sunday October 6
unfold His Word
How many times have you, like I, delved into sin— be it addiction, sexual impropriety, gossip, pride, unbridled anger, slothfulness—in attempts to mask the pain of life? It’s all too easy to respond to the emptiness, disappointment, or hurt that we’re experiencing by turning away from God’s commands instead of to them.
Sin, however, never leads to the peace or lasting fulfillment we long for. On the contrary, choosing to take things into our own hands as we disobey God leads to heartache and often to deep depression.
It may be hard to understand how God’s Word can bring satisfaction to our lives when we believe we’re missing out on some human relationship or material comfort. Yet it’s only when we communicate with God and place our confidence in Him and His Word that we’ll experience peace that surpasses understanding and fulfillment that defies circumstances (Philippians 4:6-7; 1 Timothy 6:6).
One place to turn in Scripture when you’re facing seemingly insurmountable trials is Psalm 119 The psalmist testifies to the encouragement that was and is available in God’s Word. There’s so much to learn from the writer as he implores God to open his eyes “to see the wonderful truths” in Scripture (v.18). You can follow his lead by...
- Being guided by the wisdom found in God’s Word (v.130). • Living a godly life as revealed in His Word (v.133).
- Seeking God and His love as presented in His Word (v.135).
- Trusting God and His promises as modeled in His Word (v.140).
Cry out to God. Turn to His Word. There and only there will you find the comfort and guidance you seek. Unfold His Word, and allow it to open your eyes. —Roxanne Robbins
The teaching of Your Word gives light, so even the simple can understand (v.130).
Read Psalm 119:105 and consider why spending consistent time in God’s Word is essential for all believers in Jesus.
What promise from the Bible do you need to claim today? Why is it vital to meditate on Scripture all day long?
- Connecting the Dots - What good work is God doing in your life?...read more
- Responding to Suffering - How do you feel when your life is interrupted by suffering and adversity?...read more
- Laying Our Lives Down - How has Jesus’ example inspired you to freely give of yourself?...read more
- "Brutiful" - How has God worked in “brutiful” ways in your life?...read more
- The First Day—Again - How does Jesus’ resurrection infuse you with fresh hope?...read more
- Clueless at the Light - What would others say about my influence on them?...read more
- Stinging Words - How have you experienced emotional or spiritual captivity?...read more
- Everyone Has a Story - Who needs you to listen to them? Make time for them today....read more
- Gateway of Hope - How has the rough stuff of your life kept you from hoping in God?...read more
- Philip Flunked - What specific truth about God could help you with a problem you’re currently facing?...read more
- Source of All Life - Every blessing comes from God....read more
- Trapped in Sin - How can you be set free and made right with God?...read more
- Hope Beyond Discouragement - How will you point others to the Source of Hope today?...read more
- Play Your Part - How can you encourage others to fulfill their calling?...read more
- Broken Community - How do we live out holiness without becoming judgmental of others?...read more
- Giving Out Love - How has God provided for you and those you love?...read more