Staying TrueOur ability to stand in the midst of trials will depend on the focus of our gaze.
Top Christian Music Videos
Sunday October 6
unfold His Word
How many times have you, like I, delved into sin— be it addiction, sexual impropriety, gossip, pride, unbridled anger, slothfulness—in attempts to mask the pain of life? It’s all too easy to respond to the emptiness, disappointment, or hurt that we’re experiencing by turning away from God’s commands instead of to them.
Sin, however, never leads to the peace or lasting fulfillment we long for. On the contrary, choosing to take things into our own hands as we disobey God leads to heartache and often to deep depression.
It may be hard to understand how God’s Word can bring satisfaction to our lives when we believe we’re missing out on some human relationship or material comfort. Yet it’s only when we communicate with God and place our confidence in Him and His Word that we’ll experience peace that surpasses understanding and fulfillment that defies circumstances (Philippians 4:6-7; 1 Timothy 6:6).
One place to turn in Scripture when you’re facing seemingly insurmountable trials is Psalm 119 The psalmist testifies to the encouragement that was and is available in God’s Word. There’s so much to learn from the writer as he implores God to open his eyes “to see the wonderful truths” in Scripture (v.18). You can follow his lead by...
- Being guided by the wisdom found in God’s Word (v.130). • Living a godly life as revealed in His Word (v.133).
- Seeking God and His love as presented in His Word (v.135).
- Trusting God and His promises as modeled in His Word (v.140).
Cry out to God. Turn to His Word. There and only there will you find the comfort and guidance you seek. Unfold His Word, and allow it to open your eyes. —Roxanne Robbins
The teaching of Your Word gives light, so even the simple can understand (v.130).
Read Psalm 119:105 and consider why spending consistent time in God’s Word is essential for all believers in Jesus.
What promise from the Bible do you need to claim today? Why is it vital to meditate on Scripture all day long?
- Staying True - Our ability to stand in the midst of trials will depend on the focus of our gaze....read more
- Write Your Epitaph - How are you growing in your faith and the proclaiming of it?...read more
- What Happens in the End - Are you feeling hopeless and weary? Be reminded of what happens in the end!...read more
- Stop Painting Your Bucket - Who you are is who you are in Jesus....read more
- What We Have - When do you feel most grateful?...read more
- God's Perspective - What has God called you to do that might appear to be too challenging?...read more
- More than Walking on Water - Do you ever find yourself focusing more on what God can do than on who He is?...read more
- The Spirit’s Wind - In what areas of your life have you been laboring in your own strength instead of God’s power?...read more
- Laying Down Your Life - What does it mean for you to embrace Jesus as the One who laid down His life for you?...read more
- Hidden Costs - What are some ways you can avoid falling prey to Satan’s hidden costs this week?...read more
- Limits - How often are you weary or stressed from church work?...read more
- Healing Prayer - Why is it important for us to bring our pain and suffering to God?...read more
- Pleasing God in the Mundane - Do you sometimes feel drained by serving God and others?...read more
- Avoiding Mean Streets - In what ways have you been entering deeper into God’s wisdom or moving farther away from it?...read more
- The Presence of Jesus - What past or current sinful choice has caused you to experience shame?...read more
- When We See Jesus - Do you long to see Jesus?...read more