Dirty LaundryWhen you need to confront someone, how do you react?
Top Christian Music Videos
A 13-year-old girl stole her brother’s car and drove 800 miles to meet a 12-year-old boy she met online. With romance on her mind, she filched her mother’s bankcard, slipped out of her bedroom window, and left her home in Cypress, Texas. Police finally apprehended her about 50 miles away from Nashville, Tennessee, where the boy lived.
The girl was searching for love—something we’re all seeking. Jesus told his disciples about true love. During the Last Supper, He said to them: “If you really loved Me, you would be happy that I am going to the Father” (John 14:28). What a difficult thing for the disciples to digest. Their lives consisted of following Jesus both spiritually and physically. Yet Jesus informed them that love is selfless. It wants what is best for the other person, even when that means letting go.
Jesus also said that those who accepted and obeyed His commands were the ones who loved Him, and that He would love them and reveal Himself “to each of them” (v.21). His words show us that loving relationships are reciprocal—not one-sided. Both parties invest in each other.
Finally, Jesus proclaimed: “I will do what the Father requires of Me, so that the world will know I love the Father” (v.31). God required Jesus to take all our sin on Himself during His crucifixion (Isaiah 53:6). Jesus humbly submitted to the Father’s will. When we submit to each other, we model Christ’s humility; and where humility exists, love can grow.
Today, as you grow in love, “may you have the power to understand . . . how wide, how long, how high, and how deep [God’s] love is. May you experience the love of Christ” (Ephesians 3:18-19). —Jennifer Benson Schuldt
John 14:15-31 If you really loved Me, you would be happy that I am going to the Father (v.28).
Why do we sometimes invest in relationships that do not reflect the true nature of biblical love? How might you share God’s love with someone this week?
- Dirty Laundry - When you need to confront someone, how do you react?...read more
- Tender Hearts - How can we avoid being spiritually stubborn and unresponsive to God?...read more
- The Ultimate Source - God’s goodness and faithfulness can lead us to respond in varying ways....read more
- Love in Action - How can you show Christ’s love to someone in need with both your words and your actions?...read more
- Generous Hearts - Have you ever been the recipient of someone else’s generosity?...read more
- Persecuted but Growing - Have you ever seen God use something negative or discouraging to accomplish something amazing?...read more
- Autumn Moments - What season of life are you in right now?...read more
- Where Love Flourishes - How does the love of a man and woman united in Christ reflect the love God has for us?...read more
- You're Needed - How are you serving the body of Christ?...read more
- Not Coming Back - How does Jesus’ sacrificial example inspire you today?...read more
- Everything Matters - In God’s vision for the world, everything matters....read more
- Valid! - Our value comes from God in whose image we all have been created....read more
- Cupcake Face - Do you have a sin in your life you’ve been trying to hide from God?...read more
- Four Views - Have you ever wished that the Bible was written differently or in a way that was easier for you to understand?...read more
- Perfect Peace - Are you living out God’s “perfect peace”?...read more
- Cherished Possessions - Do you share the same love, empathy, and care for sinners?...read more