What's ImportantHow has God been training you lately?
Top Christian Music Videos
A 13-year-old girl stole her brother’s car and drove 800 miles to meet a 12-year-old boy she met online. With romance on her mind, she filched her mother’s bankcard, slipped out of her bedroom window, and left her home in Cypress, Texas. Police finally apprehended her about 50 miles away from Nashville, Tennessee, where the boy lived.
The girl was searching for love—something we’re all seeking. Jesus told his disciples about true love. During the Last Supper, He said to them: “If you really loved Me, you would be happy that I am going to the Father” (John 14:28). What a difficult thing for the disciples to digest. Their lives consisted of following Jesus both spiritually and physically. Yet Jesus informed them that love is selfless. It wants what is best for the other person, even when that means letting go.
Jesus also said that those who accepted and obeyed His commands were the ones who loved Him, and that He would love them and reveal Himself “to each of them” (v.21). His words show us that loving relationships are reciprocal—not one-sided. Both parties invest in each other.
Finally, Jesus proclaimed: “I will do what the Father requires of Me, so that the world will know I love the Father” (v.31). God required Jesus to take all our sin on Himself during His crucifixion (Isaiah 53:6). Jesus humbly submitted to the Father’s will. When we submit to each other, we model Christ’s humility; and where humility exists, love can grow.
Today, as you grow in love, “may you have the power to understand . . . how wide, how long, how high, and how deep [God’s] love is. May you experience the love of Christ” (Ephesians 3:18-19). —Jennifer Benson Schuldt
John 14:15-31 If you really loved Me, you would be happy that I am going to the Father (v.28).
Why do we sometimes invest in relationships that do not reflect the true nature of biblical love? How might you share God’s love with someone this week?
- What's Important - How has God been training you lately?...read more
- Choosing to Forget - What painful memory is holding you back from peace with God?...read more
- Not about Fame - How has Jesus changed your life?...read more
- Faithful and True - What experiences have shaped your understanding of what it means to be faithful?...read more
- Living Houses of Prayer - What does it mean for you to be a living house of prayer?...read more
- Test of Courage - Read Proverbs 21:30-31 to see how true success depends on God....read more
- Calling on the Air - In what ways have you called on God for direction ?...read more
- Only the Beginning - What hope has God brought you today?...read more
- Disciplined for Freedom - Praise God and display your gratitude to Him today!...read more
- What Will We Become? - What does it mean for you to be God’s masterpiece?...read more
- Taking the Hate - Which portions of the Bible trouble you the most?...read more
- Not a Distant God - Read Romans 8:31-39 to be reminded of the intimate love God has for us....read more
- A Greater Power - Read Jeremiah 31:20-25 and consider the power of God’s restoration...read more
- Anger Management - Read Matthew 5:21-22 to see what Jesus said about anger and sin....read more
- Moving Past Memories - How can experiencing God’s forgiveness for our sin help us to extend grace to others?...read more
- There is Hope - What has caused you to lose hope recently?...read more