Seasons of GriefAre you going through a season of grief where you are struggling to grieve?
Top Music Videos
Monday September 9
I saw a group interacting with others outside my train station—sharing Scriptures with anyone who would listen. A group member approached and asked me to take a survey. One question referred to Revelation 22:17 She asked, “Who do you think is the ‘bride’?” I said, “The church.” She replied, “Read the text carefully. It’s God, the Mother.”
How should we respond in an age when false teaching is prevalent (there’s no teaching of God as mother in Scripture) and not all Bible teachers can be trusted? Jude gave us some timely advice.
First, we’re to remember the words of the apostles who wrote down much of the Word of God in the New Testament (Jude 1:17). They correctly predicted that false teaching would occur. So we shouldn’t be unduly discouraged or fearful when we see false teaching creep into the church. It’s a reality.
Second, we’re to grow in our understanding of God’s Word (v.20), for the Holy Scriptures are fully authoritative and totally sufficient. Someone said, “The safest Christian is the one who has a desire to grow in the truth of the Christian faith.”
Third, Jude exhorts us to live a life of dependence on God and to live in the sphere of God’s love for us—to dwell on it, to delight in it, to draw on it, and to be cheered on by it (vv.20-21). A person who is full of God’s love won’t be vulnerable to a false teacher’s sales pitch. We can respond to wrong teaching with grace and truth—reaching out with true compassion and godly wisdom (vv.22-23).
Last, but not least, we can rest in the power of God, who will keep us from falling away and to present us faultless (v.24). These truths can help us resist what is false! —Poh Fang Chia
You...must build each other up in your most holy faith, pray in the power of the Holy Spirit, and await the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ, who will bring you eternal life (vv.20-21).
How can you strengthen your knowledge of God’s Word so you can recognize false teaching? What measurable goals should you set?
- Seasons of Grief - Are you going through a season of grief where you are struggling to grieve?...read more
- John's Question - What steps can you take to seek God’s perspective in a current challenging situation?...read more
- Victory - What battles are you facing these days?...read more
- Starting Over - Have you experienced a fresh start in Jesus?...read more
- Genuine Love - How have you experienced the reality of God’s love?...read more
- Straight Up - Is there a current situation in your life where you’ve been less than honest?...read more
- He Saw Something - Have you seen something so true that you would be willing to live or die for it?...read more
- Higher Law, Higher Love - What choice of conscience faces you today?...read more
- Stay or Run Away - How might God want you to display His glory in your life?...read more
- Jealousy and Generosity - To help His followers understand what the kingdom of heaven is like and the dangers of comparison obsession, Jesus told a parable about a landowner who hired workers to tend his vineyard....read more
- On the Fringe - Who sits alone at church that you can befriend?...read more
- Taming Anger - Think back to a time when you lashed out in anger, or when someone lashed out at you....read more
- Full of Joy - How can you tap into God’s joy more fully?...read more
- Mistaken vs. Hard Hearts - How have you experienced a hard heart toward God in your relationship with Him?...read more
- The Narrow Door - How can salvation be a free gift simply received and yet still require our response?...read more
- Last Dance - How can you focus on thoughts that are lovely and admirable today?...read more