He Will Handle ItWhat burden will you give to Him today?
Top Christian Music Videos
Wednesday November 6
steps to nowhere
Serving with a group of students, I was picking up trash from the grounds of a home when I found a set of three sturdy brick steps. An ordinary set of stairs in every way, but they led nowhere. Climbing to the top simply led to the plank siding of the old, worn house.
So often we think of spiritual growth in terms of significant events or big transitions—whether in our lives or in our hearts. In doing so, we divorce ourselves from the real impact of everyday decisions. Small is significant, whether for good or evil. Solomon reminds us that the fruitfulness of our lives can be deeply affected by “little foxes” (Song of Solomon 2:15), and Jesus spoke of the immeasurable impact of mustard-seed moments in His kingdom (Luke 13:18-19).
Being strategic in our spiritual walk is all about seeking God and His will. It’s vital that we strive to remain obedient to Him and follow the lead of the Holy Spirit even in the “little” things. Working hard on whatever, making something happen, or passing time isn’t enough. We’re responsible for knowing and testing the worthiness of what we’re doing in life (1 Corinthians 3:12-14).
The temptation to squander—be it our money, our time, or our passion—is very real. We avoid building steps to nowhere by keeping our vision clear in our...
worship (1 Corinthians 10:6-7)
- speech (vv.9-10)
The important distinction in our decisions, though, is far greater than steps leading to a wall or a door. It’s the difference between living for those things that will wither and pass and choosing those that will remain forever (James 1:11-12; 1 Peter 1:22-25). —Regina Franklin
1 Corinthians 9:24–10:13
So I run with purpose in every step. I am not just shadowboxing (9:26).
Read Luke 12:23-34 and consider how God’s Word can help you assess the worthiness of the things that consume your time and attention.
What things that you have done turned out to be steps to nowhere? Considering each day as a step, what has God built into your life over the past year?
- He Will Handle It - What burden will you give to Him today?...read more
- Always Loved - Even before he made the world, God loved us and chose us....read more
- Run with It! - Jesus is the author of life....read more
- Sacrificial Love - What does it mean for you to carry your cross?...read more
- Autograph of the Ordinary - Do you accept the truth that God is in your ordinary work?...read more
- The Gift of Love - How should you respond to such a great love?...read more
- Warm Welcome - How does warm hospitality reflect God’s loving heart?...read more
- In the Gap - What has God equipped you with to intercede for others?...read more
- Confession and Blessing - How does repentance reveal our faith and trust in Jesus?...read more
- Breaking the Mold - How are you sharing Jesus with the next generation?...read more
- Diseased Hearts - What are the implications of only God truly knowing the heart and being able to cure it?...read more
- To Make Them Better - To follow Jesus means we allow God to transform the whole of our life....read more
- Looking for Work? - Consider how God has uniquely equipped you....read more
- Out of the Blue - God intervened before we were aware of our need....read more
- Joy and Sadness - Is there sadness in your life you need to embrace?...read more
- Passion Unleashed - What gifts and talents has God given you?...read more