Not about FameHow has Jesus changed your life?
Top Christian Music Videos
Monday October 28
The RQ-170 Sentinel is a sophisticated, secretive, unmanned stealth aircraft used to collect intelligence before and during military operations. It’s believed that this spy drone played a critical role in surveilling the compound in Pakistan where Osama bin Laden was hiding in the months before he was killed.
In another age, “Operation Occupy Canaan” had commenced. The military commander leading an attack on the highly fortified city of Jericho needed accurate intel on the enemy forces. It was no surprise that “Joshua secretly sent out two spies” to “scout out the land . . . especially around Jericho” (Joshua 2:1). But God’s strategy for conquering the city didn’t require such intel. So, we ask ourselves, Did the spies risk their lives unnecessarily in entering enemy territory? (vv.2-7).
While Joshua sent the spies to collect intel, God led them “to the house of a prostitute” to make contact with a woman who confessed, “The Lord your God is the supreme God of the heavens above and the earth below” (vv.1,11). Rahab’s faith, proven genuine by her helping the spies, brought her into the family of God (Hebrews 11:31). She later married Salmon, whose son Boaz married Ruth and became the father of Obed, the grandfather of Jesse, and the great-grandfather of David (Matthew 1:4-6; Ruth 4:20-22). This Canaanite prostitute was an ancestor of Jesus!
“The Lord knows those who are His” (2 Timothy 2:19). “He cares for those who trust in Him” (Nahum 1:7 NIV). God sent the two spies into enemy territory to save Rahab! (Joshua 2:17-21). “For the Lord . . . will not forsake His faithful ones” (Psalm 37:28 NIV) and “their inheritance will endure forever” (v.18). —K.T. Sim
Joshua 2:1-23 The Lord knows those who are His (2 Timothy 2:19).
What does God’s undeserved and saving grace mean to you? How does Rahab’s story bring you encouragement today?
- Not about Fame - How has Jesus changed your life?...read more
- Faithful and True - What experiences have shaped your understanding of what it means to be faithful?...read more
- Living Houses of Prayer - What does it mean for you to be a living house of prayer?...read more
- Test of Courage - Read Proverbs 21:30-31 to see how true success depends on God....read more
- Calling on the Air - In what ways have you called on God for direction ?...read more
- Only the Beginning - What hope has God brought you today?...read more
- Disciplined for Freedom - Praise God and display your gratitude to Him today!...read more
- What Will We Become? - What does it mean for you to be God’s masterpiece?...read more
- Taking the Hate - Which portions of the Bible trouble you the most?...read more
- Not a Distant God - Read Romans 8:31-39 to be reminded of the intimate love God has for us....read more
- A Greater Power - Read Jeremiah 31:20-25 and consider the power of God’s restoration...read more
- Anger Management - Read Matthew 5:21-22 to see what Jesus said about anger and sin....read more
- Moving Past Memories - How can experiencing God’s forgiveness for our sin help us to extend grace to others?...read more
- There is Hope - What has caused you to lose hope recently?...read more
- Transformed! - How has God’s power helped you overcome fear?...read more
- Breaking Toward Freedom - Where are you experiencing a need for freedom?...read more