VictoryWhat battles are you facing these days?
Top Music Videos
Monday October 28
The RQ-170 Sentinel is a sophisticated, secretive, unmanned stealth aircraft used to collect intelligence before and during military operations. It’s believed that this spy drone played a critical role in surveilling the compound in Pakistan where Osama bin Laden was hiding in the months before he was killed.
In another age, “Operation Occupy Canaan” had commenced. The military commander leading an attack on the highly fortified city of Jericho needed accurate intel on the enemy forces. It was no surprise that “Joshua secretly sent out two spies” to “scout out the land . . . especially around Jericho” (Joshua 2:1). But God’s strategy for conquering the city didn’t require such intel. So, we ask ourselves, Did the spies risk their lives unnecessarily in entering enemy territory? (vv.2-7).
While Joshua sent the spies to collect intel, God led them “to the house of a prostitute” to make contact with a woman who confessed, “The Lord your God is the supreme God of the heavens above and the earth below” (vv.1,11). Rahab’s faith, proven genuine by her helping the spies, brought her into the family of God (Hebrews 11:31). She later married Salmon, whose son Boaz married Ruth and became the father of Obed, the grandfather of Jesse, and the great-grandfather of David (Matthew 1:4-6; Ruth 4:20-22). This Canaanite prostitute was an ancestor of Jesus!
“The Lord knows those who are His” (2 Timothy 2:19). “He cares for those who trust in Him” (Nahum 1:7 NIV). God sent the two spies into enemy territory to save Rahab! (Joshua 2:17-21). “For the Lord . . . will not forsake His faithful ones” (Psalm 37:28 NIV) and “their inheritance will endure forever” (v.18). —K.T. Sim
Joshua 2:1-23 The Lord knows those who are His (2 Timothy 2:19).
What does God’s undeserved and saving grace mean to you? How does Rahab’s story bring you encouragement today?
- Victory - What battles are you facing these days?...read more
- Starting Over - Have you experienced a fresh start in Jesus?...read more
- Genuine Love - How have you experienced the reality of God’s love?...read more
- Straight Up - Is there a current situation in your life where you’ve been less than honest?...read more
- He Saw Something - Have you seen something so true that you would be willing to live or die for it?...read more
- Higher Law, Higher Love - What choice of conscience faces you today?...read more
- Stay or Run Away - How might God want you to display His glory in your life?...read more
- Jealousy and Generosity - To help His followers understand what the kingdom of heaven is like and the dangers of comparison obsession, Jesus told a parable about a landowner who hired workers to tend his vineyard....read more
- On the Fringe - Who sits alone at church that you can befriend?...read more
- Taming Anger - Think back to a time when you lashed out in anger, or when someone lashed out at you....read more
- Full of Joy - How can you tap into God’s joy more fully?...read more
- Mistaken vs. Hard Hearts - How have you experienced a hard heart toward God in your relationship with Him?...read more
- The Narrow Door - How can salvation be a free gift simply received and yet still require our response?...read more
- Last Dance - How can you focus on thoughts that are lovely and admirable today?...read more
- Free to Forgive - How has God’s forgiveness changed your heart?...read more
- Friendly Wounds - What does it mean to “speak the truth in love”?...read more