WashedIn what ways is God calling you to visibly represent Him to someone else?
Top Music Videos
After some knee surgery, I was unprepared for the level of physical therapy required to restore my range of motion. According to my physical therapist, the surgical procedure had caused trauma to my leg, and my muscles had shut down. Years of physical movement had been undone in 20 minutes. But I had to commit to the process of healing. Some days were tedious, some were downright painful. But the choice was clear: I would either have to push through the hurt to find healing, or I could avoid it and remain disabled.
A relational wound is no less traumatic. Much like a muscle responding to surgery, painful circumstances leave us feeling helpless and unable to experience a normal range of emotions. Whether the injury came as a result of our own failings or the actions of others, we can’t experience healing without the power of the cross. In our pursuit of restoration, we must:
- Capture God’s vision for something greater than what we’re currently experiencing by keeping our eyes on Jesus (Hebrews 12:1-2, 2:9-10).
- Persevere in our painful circumstances as Jesus perfects our faith. He set the example for us by willingly going to the cross (12:2-3; Isaiah 53:5)
- Trust in the Father’s love, even when He disciplines us and shows us things we need to change (Hebrews 12:5-7; Revelation 3:19).
As God rebuilds our lives, we must submit to His work. For only He can bind up our broken hearts (Isaiah 61:1) as we “take a new grip with [our] tired hands and strengthen [our] weak knees” and “mark out a straight path for [our] feet” (Hebrews 12:13). He restores as we choose to pray and obey. —Regina Franklin
So take a new grip with your tired hands and strengthen your weak knees (v.12).
In what areas have you been spiritually disabled because of difficult or even traumatic experiences? What does restoration in these areas practically require of you?
- Washed - In what ways is God calling you to visibly represent Him to someone else?...read more
- Sweet Music - What things have you been trying to handle without prayer?...read more
- Laughter - How do joy and laughter reveal the heart of God?...read more
- Powerful Patience - How can you trust God more even as you wait on Him?...read more
- Overwhelmed - What has sunk your spirits today?...read more
- Greater - How does the knowledge that God is greater than our storms impact the way you feel?...read more
- Voice of Reason - How do you respond to the rage of others?...read more
- Source of Truth - What does Scripture reveal about the issues on your mind today?...read more
- Little Things - Do you measure yourself and others according to God’s standards or the world’s?...read more
- Jesus the Reconciler - What does it add to your understanding of the cross to recognize that Jesus was enacting your reconciliation with God?...read more
- Tasting Heaven - How can you echo God’s future banquet by inviting diverse guests to your dinner parties?...read more
- Possible - What does it mean for you to know that Jesus is your Shepherd?...read more
- "Follow Me!" - Why are you following Jesus?...read more
- Here’s Hope - Why do we sometimes keep our struggles to ourselves?...read more
- Is Jesus Enough? - How do you react when you see injustice in the world, or when circumstances are against you and God seems to be silent?...read more
- Greater Work - What life experience has most challenged your understanding of prayer?...read more