Top Christian Music Videos
After some knee surgery, I was unprepared for the level of physical therapy required to restore my range of motion. According to my physical therapist, the surgical procedure had caused trauma to my leg, and my muscles had shut down. Years of physical movement had been undone in 20 minutes. But I had to commit to the process of healing. Some days were tedious, some were downright painful. But the choice was clear: I would either have to push through the hurt to find healing, or I could avoid it and remain disabled.
A relational wound is no less traumatic. Much like a muscle responding to surgery, painful circumstances leave us feeling helpless and unable to experience a normal range of emotions. Whether the injury came as a result of our own failings or the actions of others, we can’t experience healing without the power of the cross. In our pursuit of restoration, we must:
- Capture God’s vision for something greater than what we’re currently experiencing by keeping our eyes on Jesus (Hebrews 12:1-2, 2:9-10).
- Persevere in our painful circumstances as Jesus perfects our faith. He set the example for us by willingly going to the cross (12:2-3; Isaiah 53:5)
- Trust in the Father’s love, even when He disciplines us and shows us things we need to change (Hebrews 12:5-7; Revelation 3:19).
As God rebuilds our lives, we must submit to His work. For only He can bind up our broken hearts (Isaiah 61:1) as we “take a new grip with [our] tired hands and strengthen [our] weak knees” and “mark out a straight path for [our] feet” (Hebrews 12:13). He restores as we choose to pray and obey. —Regina Franklin
So take a new grip with your tired hands and strengthen your weak knees (v.12).
In what areas have you been spiritually disabled because of difficult or even traumatic experiences? What does restoration in these areas practically require of you?
- Love in Action - How can you show Christ’s love to someone in need with both your words and your actions?...read more
- Generous Hearts - Have you ever been the recipient of someone else’s generosity?...read more
- Persecuted but Growing - Have you ever seen God use something negative or discouraging to accomplish something amazing?...read more
- Autumn Moments - What season of life are you in right now?...read more
- Where Love Flourishes - How does the love of a man and woman united in Christ reflect the love God has for us?...read more
- You're Needed - How are you serving the body of Christ?...read more
- Not Coming Back - How does Jesus’ sacrificial example inspire you today?...read more
- Everything Matters - In God’s vision for the world, everything matters....read more
- Valid! - Our value comes from God in whose image we all have been created....read more
- Cupcake Face - Do you have a sin in your life you’ve been trying to hide from God?...read more
- Four Views - Have you ever wished that the Bible was written differently or in a way that was easier for you to understand?...read more
- Perfect Peace - Are you living out God’s “perfect peace”?...read more
- Cherished Possessions - Do you share the same love, empathy, and care for sinners?...read more
- Is This Heaven? - What do you think about heaven and earth?...read more
- Another View - How can the suffering of another person be used by God to help others grow in Him?...read more
- Good Company - How do you choose the company that you keep?...read more