Everyone Has a StoryWho needs you to listen to them? Make time for them today.
Top Music Videos
After some knee surgery, I was unprepared for the level of physical therapy required to restore my range of motion. According to my physical therapist, the surgical procedure had caused trauma to my leg, and my muscles had shut down. Years of physical movement had been undone in 20 minutes. But I had to commit to the process of healing. Some days were tedious, some were downright painful. But the choice was clear: I would either have to push through the hurt to find healing, or I could avoid it and remain disabled.
A relational wound is no less traumatic. Much like a muscle responding to surgery, painful circumstances leave us feeling helpless and unable to experience a normal range of emotions. Whether the injury came as a result of our own failings or the actions of others, we can’t experience healing without the power of the cross. In our pursuit of restoration, we must:
- Capture God’s vision for something greater than what we’re currently experiencing by keeping our eyes on Jesus (Hebrews 12:1-2, 2:9-10).
- Persevere in our painful circumstances as Jesus perfects our faith. He set the example for us by willingly going to the cross (12:2-3; Isaiah 53:5)
- Trust in the Father’s love, even when He disciplines us and shows us things we need to change (Hebrews 12:5-7; Revelation 3:19).
As God rebuilds our lives, we must submit to His work. For only He can bind up our broken hearts (Isaiah 61:1) as we “take a new grip with [our] tired hands and strengthen [our] weak knees” and “mark out a straight path for [our] feet” (Hebrews 12:13). He restores as we choose to pray and obey. —Regina Franklin
So take a new grip with your tired hands and strengthen your weak knees (v.12).
In what areas have you been spiritually disabled because of difficult or even traumatic experiences? What does restoration in these areas practically require of you?
- Everyone Has a Story - Who needs you to listen to them? Make time for them today....read more
- Gateway of Hope - How has the rough stuff of your life kept you from hoping in God?...read more
- Philip Flunked - What specific truth about God could help you with a problem you’re currently facing?...read more
- Source of All Life - Every blessing comes from God....read more
- Trapped in Sin - How can you be set free and made right with God?...read more
- Hope Beyond Discouragement - How will you point others to the Source of Hope today?...read more
- Play Your Part - How can you encourage others to fulfill their calling?...read more
- Broken Community - How do we live out holiness without becoming judgmental of others?...read more
- Giving Out Love - How has God provided for you and those you love?...read more
- Assets that Matter - How can you submit more fully to the Holy Spirit’s refining work in your life?...read more
- The Skeptic - What doubt about God is most persistent in your thoughts?...read more
- Is God Necessary? - God is hidden but present, revealing Himself more fully to those who invite Him to stay....read more
- God's Promises - How has God kept His promises to you?...read more
- Greater Meaning - How is Jesus rescuing, transforming, and giving your life greater meaning?...read more
- Time for Tea! - What situations frustrate you?...read more
- Driving for Peace - Who have you been engaged in conflict with recently?...read more