Love in ActionHow can you show Christ’s love to someone in need with both your words and your actions?
Top Christian Music Videos
Sunday December 29
Last week I took my adopted son Wasswa and his buddy Joseph (whom my friends adopted from Ethiopia) to the beach where I grew up in Florida. Watching the boys as they splashed in the gulf, played in the sand, and curiously poked at a dead jellyfish that had washed up on the shore, I marveled at God’s work in their lives.
Both boys had traumatic beginnings. By the age of four, while living in an impoverished village in Uganda, Wasswa had lost his mom, dad, twin brother, and seven of his nine aunts and uncles. Joseph was abandoned and found near a river as a baby.
By God’s grace, the boys survived and are now a tangible expression of Psalm 105:5, “Remember the wonders [God] has performed, his miracles, and the rulings he has given.” I’ve applied this verse to the boys’ lives:
God’s wonderful works: The Lord orchestrated my meeting an orphaned child on the side of a road in Uganda. And He led my friends to Ethiopia on behalf of Joseph.
God’s miracles: Wasswa and Joseph are both alive and healthy.
The judgments He handed down: A Ugandan judge ruled that I am now Wasswa’s mother. An Ethiopian judge appointed my friends as Joseph’s parents. Indeed, “O Lord my God, you have performed many wonders for us. Your plans for us are too numerous to list. You have no equal. If I tried to recite all your wonderful deeds, I would never come to the end of them” (Psalm 40:5).
When challenges come, and I struggle to walk by faith, I’m hugely encouraged to think of these boys and remember what God has done. By reflecting on God’s past provisions, I (and you) will grow in trust and more aptly proclaim His good and faithful deeds. —Roxanne Robbins
Give thanks to the LORD and proclaim his greatness. Let the whole world know what he has done (v.1).
At a time when you felt your “life was slipping away” (Jonah 2:7), how did remembering God bring you comfort and hope?
Call a friend and list, between the two of you, at least three ways you’ve seen God work and provide for you in the last two weeks (Psalm 143:5). How has God’s goodness in the past strengthened your faith today?
- Love in Action - How can you show Christ’s love to someone in need with both your words and your actions?...read more
- Generous Hearts - Have you ever been the recipient of someone else’s generosity?...read more
- Persecuted but Growing - Have you ever seen God use something negative or discouraging to accomplish something amazing?...read more
- Autumn Moments - What season of life are you in right now?...read more
- Where Love Flourishes - How does the love of a man and woman united in Christ reflect the love God has for us?...read more
- You're Needed - How are you serving the body of Christ?...read more
- Not Coming Back - How does Jesus’ sacrificial example inspire you today?...read more
- Everything Matters - In God’s vision for the world, everything matters....read more
- Valid! - Our value comes from God in whose image we all have been created....read more
- Cupcake Face - Do you have a sin in your life you’ve been trying to hide from God?...read more
- Four Views - Have you ever wished that the Bible was written differently or in a way that was easier for you to understand?...read more
- Perfect Peace - Are you living out God’s “perfect peace”?...read more
- Cherished Possessions - Do you share the same love, empathy, and care for sinners?...read more
- Is This Heaven? - What do you think about heaven and earth?...read more
- Another View - How can the suffering of another person be used by God to help others grow in Him?...read more
- Good Company - How do you choose the company that you keep?...read more