Top Christian Music Videos
Sunday December 29
Last week I took my adopted son Wasswa and his buddy Joseph (whom my friends adopted from Ethiopia) to the beach where I grew up in Florida. Watching the boys as they splashed in the gulf, played in the sand, and curiously poked at a dead jellyfish that had washed up on the shore, I marveled at God’s work in their lives.
Both boys had traumatic beginnings. By the age of four, while living in an impoverished village in Uganda, Wasswa had lost his mom, dad, twin brother, and seven of his nine aunts and uncles. Joseph was abandoned and found near a river as a baby.
By God’s grace, the boys survived and are now a tangible expression of Psalm 105:5, “Remember the wonders [God] has performed, his miracles, and the rulings he has given.” I’ve applied this verse to the boys’ lives:
God’s wonderful works: The Lord orchestrated my meeting an orphaned child on the side of a road in Uganda. And He led my friends to Ethiopia on behalf of Joseph.
God’s miracles: Wasswa and Joseph are both alive and healthy.
The judgments He handed down: A Ugandan judge ruled that I am now Wasswa’s mother. An Ethiopian judge appointed my friends as Joseph’s parents. Indeed, “O Lord my God, you have performed many wonders for us. Your plans for us are too numerous to list. You have no equal. If I tried to recite all your wonderful deeds, I would never come to the end of them” (Psalm 40:5).
When challenges come, and I struggle to walk by faith, I’m hugely encouraged to think of these boys and remember what God has done. By reflecting on God’s past provisions, I (and you) will grow in trust and more aptly proclaim His good and faithful deeds. —Roxanne Robbins
Give thanks to the LORD and proclaim his greatness. Let the whole world know what he has done (v.1).
At a time when you felt your “life was slipping away” (Jonah 2:7), how did remembering God bring you comfort and hope?
Call a friend and list, between the two of you, at least three ways you’ve seen God work and provide for you in the last two weeks (Psalm 143:5). How has God’s goodness in the past strengthened your faith today?
- Fireworks and Mercy - How does it make you feel to know that God understands your human frailty and has mercy on you?...read more
- Happy at You - Do you know deep down that God loves you dearly?...read more
- The Shepherd's Voice - Have you ever had an experience where you believe God spoke to you?...read more
- Fearless - How can you learn to trust God more deeply and follow Him more courageously?...read more
- Next Steps - Have you ever made a choice or taken an unwise risk that caused you pain?...read more
- Cleansing and Calling - What does it mean to follow God’s calling in your life?...read more
- Finding Refuge - What does it mean for God to be your true refuge?...read more
- Why Pray? - What do you need to ask God for today?...read more
- Love and Adoption - What does it mean to you to be adopted by your heavenly Father?...read more
- Worship and Service - Why is it so vital for you to worship God with all you are?...read more
- Holy Desperation - Do you have a personal relationship with Jesus?...read more
- Insisting on Joy - What would it look like for you to insist on joy this week?...read more
- Hot Water - Where in your spiritual life have you become complacent?...read more
- Remade - Do any areas of your life need to be remade?...read more
- God’s Renewing Presence - What can you do to experience God’s renewing presence today?...read more
- Enduring Hope - Have you lost hope and become disillusioned with life?...read more