Calling on the AirIn what ways have you called on God for direction ?
Top Christian Music Videos
Saturday September 28
proven by patience
While dining with friends at a restaurant in Uganda, my 9-year-old son and I requested refills of our iced tea. Because friends own the restaurant and it’s a relaxed environment, when I saw our waiter was busy serving others, I picked up our glasses and started toward the kitchen. That’s when my son, Wasswa, quietly said to me, “Mommy, it’s OK if it takes them a little while to bring us our tea. Please be patient.”
Wasswa was sitting at the “kids” table and I was at the “adults” table. So upon returning to my seat, I told my friends what Wasswa had said. We marveled at my son’s example and discussed how much we could learn from him.
The apostle Paul wrote that “we prove ourselves by our purity, our understanding, our patience, our kindness, by the Holy Spirit within us, and by our sincere love” (2 Corinthians 6:6). Time and time again, I’m exposed to believers, including my son, who display more patience than I do. Their example speaks volumes. But I still tend to wonder, “How long should we wait for something before we take action?”
In the case of our tea, after waiting an additional 20 minutes for the server to return to our table, my son lightly tapped me on the shoulder and said, “Mommy, I think it’s okay to go [to the kitchen] now.” Wasswa’s effort to be discreet and not draw attention to the slow service prompted me to enter the kitchen with a kind and understanding attitude instead of an angry and entitled one.
Webster’s Dictionary states that patience is “the capacity to accept or tolerate delay, trouble, or suffering without getting angry or upset.” Today, let’s call on the Holy Spirit to help us exercise patience more readily. —Roxanne Robbins
2 Corinthians 6:1-10
We prove ourselves by our purity, our understanding, our patience, our kindness, by the Holy Spirit within us, and by our sincere love (v.6).
Read 1 Timothy 1:16 and see what it reveals about God’s great patience?
What does impatience reveal about our character? How does remaining patient provide an example of God’s character to others?
- Calling on the Air - In what ways have you called on God for direction ?...read more
- Only the Beginning - What hope has God brought you today?...read more
- Disciplined for Freedom - Praise God and display your gratitude to Him today!...read more
- What Will We Become? - What does it mean for you to be God’s masterpiece?...read more
- Taking the Hate - Which portions of the Bible trouble you the most?...read more
- Not a Distant God - Read Romans 8:31-39 to be reminded of the intimate love God has for us....read more
- A Greater Power - Read Jeremiah 31:20-25 and consider the power of God’s restoration...read more
- Anger Management - Read Matthew 5:21-22 to see what Jesus said about anger and sin....read more
- Moving Past Memories - How can experiencing God’s forgiveness for our sin help us to extend grace to others?...read more
- There is Hope - What has caused you to lose hope recently?...read more
- Transformed! - How has God’s power helped you overcome fear?...read more
- Breaking Toward Freedom - Where are you experiencing a need for freedom?...read more
- A Spiritual Powerlift - How are you practicing walking in the power of the Holy Spirit?...read more
- Avoiding Ditches - What distractions are you facing?...read more
- Leading Somewhere Good - How are you seeking to walk with God today?...read more
- Songs in the Night - What’s your favorite worship song?...read more