Calling on the AirIn what ways have you called on God for direction ?
Top Christian Music Videos
more than boy meets girl
At our high school reunion, friends were excitedly reminiscing about their past adventures and misadventures while I simply listened. I couldn’t join the conversations because most of my unscheduled school hours had been spent in the school library poring over one of Jane Austen’s novels! So it’s not hard to imagine that one of my favorite Old Testament books is Ruth.
Ruth was a damsel in distress, but she was no weakling. Even though she was a childless widow and her mother-in-law complained, Ruth refused to indulge in self-pity. Instead, she chose to give her loyalty to her mother-in-law and to her God (1:16-17).
As a Moabite woman—a foreigner—did Ruth feel the unfriendly stares as she worked in the barley field? Did she feel out of place in this new land? Whatever she felt, it didn’t deter her from doing all she could to take care of her mother-in-law. This is remarkable, for many women and men who love their spouses can’t stand their mother-in- law (evidenced by the mother-in-law jokes that just keep circulating).
Then the knight in shining armor arrived on the scene. Boaz might not have had the looks, but he certainly had the character—a dependable kind of guy, manly yet sensitive. Listen to what he said to Ruth: “I have warned the young men not to treat you roughly. And when you are thirsty, help yourself to the water they have drawn from the well” (2:9).
Boaz is a picture of Christ as the Provider and Protector for His bride—for us. And Ruth is an example of one who places herself under the protection and care of a gracious, sovereign God. May this beautiful love story encourage us to trust in our Redeemer God as we faithfully serve Him. —Poh Fang Chia
That man is one of our closest relatives, one of our family redeemers (v.20).
Read Ephesians 1:4-14 to recapture the wonder of God’s love for you. Make a list of what He’s given you.
How does Ruth’s story challenge you to move toward a deeper faith in God? How will you faithfully serve Jesus, your Provider and Protector, today?
- Calling on the Air - In what ways have you called on God for direction ?...read more
- Only the Beginning - What hope has God brought you today?...read more
- Disciplined for Freedom - Praise God and display your gratitude to Him today!...read more
- What Will We Become? - What does it mean for you to be God’s masterpiece?...read more
- Taking the Hate - Which portions of the Bible trouble you the most?...read more
- Not a Distant God - Read Romans 8:31-39 to be reminded of the intimate love God has for us....read more
- A Greater Power - Read Jeremiah 31:20-25 and consider the power of God’s restoration...read more
- Anger Management - Read Matthew 5:21-22 to see what Jesus said about anger and sin....read more
- Moving Past Memories - How can experiencing God’s forgiveness for our sin help us to extend grace to others?...read more
- There is Hope - What has caused you to lose hope recently?...read more
- Transformed! - How has God’s power helped you overcome fear?...read more
- Breaking Toward Freedom - Where are you experiencing a need for freedom?...read more
- A Spiritual Powerlift - How are you practicing walking in the power of the Holy Spirit?...read more
- Avoiding Ditches - What distractions are you facing?...read more
- Leading Somewhere Good - How are you seeking to walk with God today?...read more
- Songs in the Night - What’s your favorite worship song?...read more