Confession and BlessingHow does repentance reveal our faith and trust in Jesus?
Top Christian Music Videos
Wednesday November 13
Not long ago, my wife, Miska, met a friend for coffee. As they sat at an outdoor café, a man in a white fedora walked back and forth near them—several times. He would go into the barbershop next door, only to exit a few minutes later and cruise near the ladies, giving them a smile or word. He was working it. On his final sweep, he paused to slide Miska a note on a yellow Post-it addressed to “Foxy Lady.”
Part of me wants to punch the guy in the face. But I’d also like to shake his hand. While I would have liked for him to raise his fedora enough to notice Miska’s wedding ring, I appreciate his brazen courage. I, of all men, understand the beauty he encountered. I guess with some people, we simply can’t contain our delight. But the poor fellow didn’t stand a chance.
The psalmist tells us that when God looks upon His people, He simply can’t contain His delight. He beams with a wide smile and an eager grin. God’s love flows our way freely and effusively.
Even better news is this: God’s delight evokes our delight. Overwhelmed with God’s pleasure in us, we can’t help but give way to festive celebration. With the rest of God’s people, we “rejoice in [our] Maker,” and we “exult [feel triumphant joy] in [our] King” (Psalm 149:2). We dance and sing words of praise, and we play our instruments with passion. As the psalmist has written, “Praise His name with dancing, accompanied by tambourine and harp” (v.3). In other words, we party! We can’t contain our response to the goodness of it all.
If you want to know delight, ponder (and give yourself to) the delight your God has in you: “For the Lord delights in His people; He crowns the humble with victory” (v.4). —Winn Collier
The Lord delights in His people (v.4).
What makes it difficult for you to truly believe that God delights in you? What would happen if you fully embraced His delight?
- Confession and Blessing - How does repentance reveal our faith and trust in Jesus?...read more
- Breaking the Mold - How are you sharing Jesus with the next generation?...read more
- Diseased Hearts - What are the implications of only God truly knowing the heart and being able to cure it?...read more
- To Make Them Better - To follow Jesus means we allow God to transform the whole of our life....read more
- Looking for Work? - Consider how God has uniquely equipped you....read more
- Out of the Blue - God intervened before we were aware of our need....read more
- Joy and Sadness - Is there sadness in your life you need to embrace?...read more
- Passion Unleashed - What gifts and talents has God given you?...read more
- Thankful for What? - How do your difficult times more clearly illustrate God’s power and redemption?...read more
- Where Desire Takes Us - What desires have you been wrestling with?...read more
- Nursing a Grudge - Why is it vital for you to bring your bitter feelings to God?...read more
- A New Person - What regret do you need to give to Jesus?...read more
- Wexting? - For what challenge do you need to seek God’s wisdom today?...read more
- A Better Question - What kinds of questions do you ask God most often?...read more
- Winning Wars - How has God equipped others to help you make wise decisions?...read more
- Blinding Blue Pants - What role does accountability play in your life?...read more