Coram Deo How will you focus on the face of God today?
Top Music Videos
Wednesday November 13
Not long ago, my wife, Miska, met a friend for coffee. As they sat at an outdoor café, a man in a white fedora walked back and forth near them—several times. He would go into the barbershop next door, only to exit a few minutes later and cruise near the ladies, giving them a smile or word. He was working it. On his final sweep, he paused to slide Miska a note on a yellow Post-it addressed to “Foxy Lady.”
Part of me wants to punch the guy in the face. But I’d also like to shake his hand. While I would have liked for him to raise his fedora enough to notice Miska’s wedding ring, I appreciate his brazen courage. I, of all men, understand the beauty he encountered. I guess with some people, we simply can’t contain our delight. But the poor fellow didn’t stand a chance.
The psalmist tells us that when God looks upon His people, He simply can’t contain His delight. He beams with a wide smile and an eager grin. God’s love flows our way freely and effusively.
Even better news is this: God’s delight evokes our delight. Overwhelmed with God’s pleasure in us, we can’t help but give way to festive celebration. With the rest of God’s people, we “rejoice in [our] Maker,” and we “exult [feel triumphant joy] in [our] King” (Psalm 149:2). We dance and sing words of praise, and we play our instruments with passion. As the psalmist has written, “Praise His name with dancing, accompanied by tambourine and harp” (v.3). In other words, we party! We can’t contain our response to the goodness of it all.
If you want to know delight, ponder (and give yourself to) the delight your God has in you: “For the Lord delights in His people; He crowns the humble with victory” (v.4). —Winn Collier
The Lord delights in His people (v.4).
What makes it difficult for you to truly believe that God delights in you? What would happen if you fully embraced His delight?
- Coram Deo - How will you focus on the face of God today?...read more
- Memorials - How could you memorialize something God has done for you this week?...read more
- Sound Sensitive - Just as with Samuel, may we know the presence of God throughout the day....read more
- Rich in Good Works - How can you encourage other believers in Jesus to “be rich in good works”?...read more
- What Sets Us Free - Do you ever try to earn points with God?...read more
- Washed - In what ways is God calling you to visibly represent Him to someone else?...read more
- Sweet Music - What things have you been trying to handle without prayer?...read more
- Laughter - How do joy and laughter reveal the heart of God?...read more
- Powerful Patience - How can you trust God more even as you wait on Him?...read more
- Overwhelmed - What has sunk your spirits today?...read more
- Greater - How does the knowledge that God is greater than our storms impact the way you feel?...read more
- Voice of Reason - How do you respond to the rage of others?...read more
- Source of Truth - What does Scripture reveal about the issues on your mind today?...read more
- Little Things - Do you measure yourself and others according to God’s standards or the world’s?...read more
- Jesus the Reconciler - What does it add to your understanding of the cross to recognize that Jesus was enacting your reconciliation with God?...read more
- Tasting Heaven - How can you echo God’s future banquet by inviting diverse guests to your dinner parties?...read more