Choosing to ForgetWhat painful memory is holding you back from peace with God?
Top Christian Music Videos
Wednesday November 13
Not long ago, my wife, Miska, met a friend for coffee. As they sat at an outdoor café, a man in a white fedora walked back and forth near them—several times. He would go into the barbershop next door, only to exit a few minutes later and cruise near the ladies, giving them a smile or word. He was working it. On his final sweep, he paused to slide Miska a note on a yellow Post-it addressed to “Foxy Lady.”
Part of me wants to punch the guy in the face. But I’d also like to shake his hand. While I would have liked for him to raise his fedora enough to notice Miska’s wedding ring, I appreciate his brazen courage. I, of all men, understand the beauty he encountered. I guess with some people, we simply can’t contain our delight. But the poor fellow didn’t stand a chance.
The psalmist tells us that when God looks upon His people, He simply can’t contain His delight. He beams with a wide smile and an eager grin. God’s love flows our way freely and effusively.
Even better news is this: God’s delight evokes our delight. Overwhelmed with God’s pleasure in us, we can’t help but give way to festive celebration. With the rest of God’s people, we “rejoice in [our] Maker,” and we “exult [feel triumphant joy] in [our] King” (Psalm 149:2). We dance and sing words of praise, and we play our instruments with passion. As the psalmist has written, “Praise His name with dancing, accompanied by tambourine and harp” (v.3). In other words, we party! We can’t contain our response to the goodness of it all.
If you want to know delight, ponder (and give yourself to) the delight your God has in you: “For the Lord delights in His people; He crowns the humble with victory” (v.4). —Winn Collier
The Lord delights in His people (v.4).
What makes it difficult for you to truly believe that God delights in you? What would happen if you fully embraced His delight?
- Choosing to Forget - What painful memory is holding you back from peace with God?...read more
- Not about Fame - How has Jesus changed your life?...read more
- Faithful and True - What experiences have shaped your understanding of what it means to be faithful?...read more
- Living Houses of Prayer - What does it mean for you to be a living house of prayer?...read more
- Test of Courage - Read Proverbs 21:30-31 to see how true success depends on God....read more
- Calling on the Air - In what ways have you called on God for direction ?...read more
- Only the Beginning - What hope has God brought you today?...read more
- Disciplined for Freedom - Praise God and display your gratitude to Him today!...read more
- What Will We Become? - What does it mean for you to be God’s masterpiece?...read more
- Taking the Hate - Which portions of the Bible trouble you the most?...read more
- Not a Distant God - Read Romans 8:31-39 to be reminded of the intimate love God has for us....read more
- A Greater Power - Read Jeremiah 31:20-25 and consider the power of God’s restoration...read more
- Anger Management - Read Matthew 5:21-22 to see what Jesus said about anger and sin....read more
- Moving Past Memories - How can experiencing God’s forgiveness for our sin help us to extend grace to others?...read more
- There is Hope - What has caused you to lose hope recently?...read more
- Transformed! - How has God’s power helped you overcome fear?...read more