The Gentle WayWhat does it look like for you to live out Jesus’ gentleness before others?
Top Christian Music Videos
A close friend of mine is married to a senior leader of an African nation that has for decades been known for extreme persecution. While her husband was serving as a catalyst in seeing that country’s people freed from an oppressive regime, my friend and her three children recently spent a year with me in Uganda.
One evening my son and I went to church with my friend and her family. When we climbed into their armored vehicle, I noticed that the 4-inch thick bulletproof windows were open. “The windows were not made to go down,” my friend explained. “But mechanics working on the vehicle yesterday were intrigued with the car and tampered with the windows. Now we can’t close them.”
Though my friend’s vehicle is designed to protect against grenades and other weapons, without the car’s full armor intact its passengers are vulnerable.
As believers, we have an enemy that’s on the prowl, looking for cracks in our armor where he can attack. “We are not fighting against flesh-and-blood enemies, but against evil rulers and authorities of the unseen world, against mighty powers in this dark world, and against evil spirits in the heavenly places” (Ephesians 6:12). That’s why we’re instructed to “be strong in the Lord,” and to “put on all of God’s armor” so that we can “stand firm against all strategies of the devil” (vv.10-11).
Today, and every day, remember to put on every piece of God’s armor: the helmet of salvation, the belt of truth, the body armor of God’s righteousness, and the shield of faith (vv.13-17). And as you wield the sword of the Spirit (God’s Word), you’ll be beating back the enemy and thwarting His devastating attacks. —Roxanne Robbins
Let us who live in the light be clearheaded, protected by the armor of faith and love, and wearing as our helmet the confidence of our salvation (1 Thessalonians 5:8).
Read about the person King Saul’s son Jonathan relied on to carry his armor in 1 Samuel 14:1-6. Which of your friends can help you face spiritual battles?
What will it take for you to be better prepared for spiritual attacks? How can God’s Word help you in these battles?
- The Gentle Way - What does it look like for you to live out Jesus’ gentleness before others?...read more
- Fireworks and Mercy - How does it make you feel to know that God understands your human frailty and has mercy on you?...read more
- Happy at You - Do you know deep down that God loves you dearly?...read more
- The Shepherd's Voice - Have you ever had an experience where you believe God spoke to you?...read more
- Fearless - How can you learn to trust God more deeply and follow Him more courageously?...read more
- Next Steps - Have you ever made a choice or taken an unwise risk that caused you pain?...read more
- Cleansing and Calling - What does it mean to follow God’s calling in your life?...read more
- Finding Refuge - What does it mean for God to be your true refuge?...read more
- Why Pray? - What do you need to ask God for today?...read more
- Love and Adoption - What does it mean to you to be adopted by your heavenly Father?...read more
- Worship and Service - Why is it so vital for you to worship God with all you are?...read more
- Holy Desperation - Do you have a personal relationship with Jesus?...read more
- Insisting on Joy - What would it look like for you to insist on joy this week?...read more
- Hot Water - Where in your spiritual life have you become complacent?...read more
- Remade - Do any areas of your life need to be remade?...read more
- God’s Renewing Presence - What can you do to experience God’s renewing presence today?...read more