Dirty LaundryWhen you need to confront someone, how do you react?
Top Christian Music Videos
A close friend of mine is married to a senior leader of an African nation that has for decades been known for extreme persecution. While her husband was serving as a catalyst in seeing that country’s people freed from an oppressive regime, my friend and her three children recently spent a year with me in Uganda.
One evening my son and I went to church with my friend and her family. When we climbed into their armored vehicle, I noticed that the 4-inch thick bulletproof windows were open. “The windows were not made to go down,” my friend explained. “But mechanics working on the vehicle yesterday were intrigued with the car and tampered with the windows. Now we can’t close them.”
Though my friend’s vehicle is designed to protect against grenades and other weapons, without the car’s full armor intact its passengers are vulnerable.
As believers, we have an enemy that’s on the prowl, looking for cracks in our armor where he can attack. “We are not fighting against flesh-and-blood enemies, but against evil rulers and authorities of the unseen world, against mighty powers in this dark world, and against evil spirits in the heavenly places” (Ephesians 6:12). That’s why we’re instructed to “be strong in the Lord,” and to “put on all of God’s armor” so that we can “stand firm against all strategies of the devil” (vv.10-11).
Today, and every day, remember to put on every piece of God’s armor: the helmet of salvation, the belt of truth, the body armor of God’s righteousness, and the shield of faith (vv.13-17). And as you wield the sword of the Spirit (God’s Word), you’ll be beating back the enemy and thwarting His devastating attacks. —Roxanne Robbins
Let us who live in the light be clearheaded, protected by the armor of faith and love, and wearing as our helmet the confidence of our salvation (1 Thessalonians 5:8).
Read about the person King Saul’s son Jonathan relied on to carry his armor in 1 Samuel 14:1-6. Which of your friends can help you face spiritual battles?
What will it take for you to be better prepared for spiritual attacks? How can God’s Word help you in these battles?
- Dirty Laundry - When you need to confront someone, how do you react?...read more
- Tender Hearts - How can we avoid being spiritually stubborn and unresponsive to God?...read more
- The Ultimate Source - God’s goodness and faithfulness can lead us to respond in varying ways....read more
- Love in Action - How can you show Christ’s love to someone in need with both your words and your actions?...read more
- Generous Hearts - Have you ever been the recipient of someone else’s generosity?...read more
- Persecuted but Growing - Have you ever seen God use something negative or discouraging to accomplish something amazing?...read more
- Autumn Moments - What season of life are you in right now?...read more
- Where Love Flourishes - How does the love of a man and woman united in Christ reflect the love God has for us?...read more
- You're Needed - How are you serving the body of Christ?...read more
- Not Coming Back - How does Jesus’ sacrificial example inspire you today?...read more
- Everything Matters - In God’s vision for the world, everything matters....read more
- Valid! - Our value comes from God in whose image we all have been created....read more
- Cupcake Face - Do you have a sin in your life you’ve been trying to hide from God?...read more
- Four Views - Have you ever wished that the Bible was written differently or in a way that was easier for you to understand?...read more
- Perfect Peace - Are you living out God’s “perfect peace”?...read more
- Cherished Possessions - Do you share the same love, empathy, and care for sinners?...read more