Awaken Your Hope Jesus stirred embers of hope and life within His disciples.
Top Christian Music Videos
Tuesday September 24
discover what’s yours
Some residents in my state are discovering lost treasure. Many have reclaimed cash, property, and other financial holdings. With the help of the state’s I-cash program, Melva recovered $296.33 that her previous bank hadn’t sent to her. Robert logged into the program’s website and discovered that his grandmother had left him a $3,000 inheritance. The program’s motto is: Discover what’s yours.
Sometimes I wonder what our lives would be like if we discovered all that is ours through the Holy Spirit— untapped spiritual riches! One treasure we have in the Holy Spirit is the power to do what’s right. God’s power at work within us enables us to “put to death the deeds of [our] sinful nature” (Romans 8:13). We don’t have to try to be good on our own because the “Holy Spirit helps us in our weakness” (v.26). When willpower won’t cut it, we need supernatural help; then we can finally reconcile with the person who hurt us, avoid unwholesome websites, or turn down that extra plate of food.
Another treasure the Holy Spirit affords us is the ability to think clearly and correctly. We don’t always wake up in the morning with God-honoring thoughts in our brains. Sometimes we wake up at midnight with notions of dread, fear, or guilt. In those times, it’s comforting to remember that “letting the Spirit control [our] mind leads to life and peace” (v.6).
Just as people sometimes overlook their money and forfeit its benefits, many of us fail to notice and utilize the Holy Spirit’s power. Our lives are littered with our own efforts to do and to be good. Only God’s power working within us, however, will yield what’s best (Galatians 5:22-23). Discover what’s yours today! —Jennifer Benson Schuldt
Romans 8:13-27 The Holy Spirit helps us in our weakness (v.26).
What happens to our relationship with God when we try to please Him in our own strength? Why do we sometimes overlook the Holy Spirit’s power in our lives?
- Awaken Your Hope - Jesus stirred embers of hope and life within His disciples....read more
- Meaning Mirage - Where do you typically find meaning in life?...read more
- Dirty Laundry - When you need to confront someone, how do you react?...read more
- Tender Hearts - How can we avoid being spiritually stubborn and unresponsive to God?...read more
- The Ultimate Source - God’s goodness and faithfulness can lead us to respond in varying ways....read more
- Love in Action - How can you show Christ’s love to someone in need with both your words and your actions?...read more
- Generous Hearts - Have you ever been the recipient of someone else’s generosity?...read more
- Persecuted but Growing - Have you ever seen God use something negative or discouraging to accomplish something amazing?...read more
- Autumn Moments - What season of life are you in right now?...read more
- Where Love Flourishes - How does the love of a man and woman united in Christ reflect the love God has for us?...read more
- You're Needed - How are you serving the body of Christ?...read more
- Not Coming Back - How does Jesus’ sacrificial example inspire you today?...read more
- Everything Matters - In God’s vision for the world, everything matters....read more
- Valid! - Our value comes from God in whose image we all have been created....read more
- Cupcake Face - Do you have a sin in your life you’ve been trying to hide from God?...read more
- Four Views - Have you ever wished that the Bible was written differently or in a way that was easier for you to understand?...read more