Calling on the AirIn what ways have you called on God for direction ?
Top Christian Music Videos
There You Are!
Come and see a Man who told me everything I ever did! (John 4:29).
There are two kinds of people,” said advice columnist Abigail Van Buren. “Those who walk into a room and say, ‘There you are!’ and those who say, ‘Here I am!’” The one Person who could have rightly declared, “Here I am,” seemed oddly reluctant to promote Himself.
Jesus was much more interested in others. At His first miracle, He admonished His mother, “My time has not yet come” (John 2:4). Often He told the people He had healed: “Don’t tell anyone about this” (Mark 1:44). But when He met individuals, Jesus had a disarming way of seeing into their souls. “Who touched My robe?” He asked, as a frightened woman who had brushed
against His garment cowered nearby (v.30). Desperate and suffering from a 12-year physical condition, she wished to remain anonymous while accessing Jesus’ power. He, on the other hand, wanted a personal connection with her. “Daughter, your faith has made you
well,” He said gently. “Go in peace” (v.34).
On another occasion, Jesus ignored the taboos of His day when He reached out at Jacob’s well in Samaria to a woman with a sketchy past (John 4:4-42). Not only was He alone with a woman (gasp!), He engaged her in conversation. In so doing, He shrewdly turned an innocuous request—“Please give Me a drink” (v.7)—into a bridge to the woman’s very soul (vv.17-19). It was
as if her guard dropped and Jesus could suddenly say, “There you are!” Rather than recoiling at being “discovered,” the woman ran to the town to announce what had just happened (v.29).
As we learn to supplant “Here I am!” with “There you are!” we may find that we’re being used to spark discovery of God by others—reflecting the ways of Jesus Himself.
Read the story of the woman at the well (John 4:4). In what ways
did she seem surprised? Did Jesus seem at all judgmental of her? Why?
Are you the kind of person who announces “Here I am”? Or “There
you are”? Why? How will you strive to show your loving interest in
others today for Jesus’ glory?
- Calling on the Air - In what ways have you called on God for direction ?...read more
- Only the Beginning - What hope has God brought you today?...read more
- Disciplined for Freedom - Praise God and display your gratitude to Him today!...read more
- What Will We Become? - What does it mean for you to be God’s masterpiece?...read more
- Taking the Hate - Which portions of the Bible trouble you the most?...read more
- Not a Distant God - Read Romans 8:31-39 to be reminded of the intimate love God has for us....read more
- A Greater Power - Read Jeremiah 31:20-25 and consider the power of God’s restoration...read more
- Anger Management - Read Matthew 5:21-22 to see what Jesus said about anger and sin....read more
- Moving Past Memories - How can experiencing God’s forgiveness for our sin help us to extend grace to others?...read more
- There is Hope - What has caused you to lose hope recently?...read more
- Transformed! - How has God’s power helped you overcome fear?...read more
- Breaking Toward Freedom - Where are you experiencing a need for freedom?...read more
- A Spiritual Powerlift - How are you practicing walking in the power of the Holy Spirit?...read more
- Avoiding Ditches - What distractions are you facing?...read more
- Leading Somewhere Good - How are you seeking to walk with God today?...read more
- Songs in the Night - What’s your favorite worship song?...read more