What Sets Us FreeDo you ever try to earn points with God?
Top Music Videos
Who are you? Who, who, who, who?" These opening lyrics of a classic pop song are more than just lines from a catchy tune. The lyrics actually raise a key question: Do you know who you really are?
It's an important question. And answering it isn't as simple as rattling off your name, where you live, and what you do for a living. You are more than the basic information found on your driver's license, a lot more. To truly answer the question, you have to put away your driver's license and pull out your Bible.
For starters, the opening pages of the Bible tell us that we bear the image of God (Genesis 1:26-27). In fact, human beings are the only part of His creation to hold the distinct honor of being created in God's likeness. Unlike a thundering herd of wild horses or a snow- capped mountain or a constellation of stars in the night sky, we carry around the dignity of being marked by the image of God.
The Bible also tells us that "we are [God's] offspring" (Acts 17:28). In other words, we are precious children of the King of the universe. Amazing! Who we are is wrapped up in the truth that we are people created in His image, who have been redeemed by the blood of Jesus Christ. We can walk in the peace and the joy and the purpose of our new life in Him (2 Corinthians 5:17).
It's important that these answers resonate with your own understanding of who you are in Jesus. Much is riding on how you answer the question at the start of this article. If you don't know who you really are, you will continue to live in lesser ways than God intended for you.
So, who are you? , Jeff Olson, Our Daily Journey
CLICK HERE to visit OurDailyJourney.org
- What Sets Us Free - Do you ever try to earn points with God?...read more
- Washed - In what ways is God calling you to visibly represent Him to someone else?...read more
- Sweet Music - What things have you been trying to handle without prayer?...read more
- Laughter - How do joy and laughter reveal the heart of God?...read more
- Powerful Patience - How can you trust God more even as you wait on Him?...read more
- Overwhelmed - What has sunk your spirits today?...read more
- Greater - How does the knowledge that God is greater than our storms impact the way you feel?...read more
- Voice of Reason - How do you respond to the rage of others?...read more
- Source of Truth - What does Scripture reveal about the issues on your mind today?...read more
- Little Things - Do you measure yourself and others according to God’s standards or the world’s?...read more
- Jesus the Reconciler - What does it add to your understanding of the cross to recognize that Jesus was enacting your reconciliation with God?...read more
- Tasting Heaven - How can you echo God’s future banquet by inviting diverse guests to your dinner parties?...read more
- Possible - What does it mean for you to know that Jesus is your Shepherd?...read more
- "Follow Me!" - Why are you following Jesus?...read more
- Here’s Hope - Why do we sometimes keep our struggles to ourselves?...read more
- Is Jesus Enough? - How do you react when you see injustice in the world, or when circumstances are against you and God seems to be silent?...read more