Sound SensitiveJust as with Samuel, may we know the presence of God throughout the day.
Top Music Videos
In 1543, Nicolaus Copernicus published a theory that marked one of the starting points for the scientific revolution of the 16th century. His hypothesis was: The earth is not at the center of the universe.
Recently, I had what for me was a "Copernican moment." I was reminded that I am not at the center of the universe. The world doesn't revolve around me. When I'm busy, work still piles in. There are still needs to be met and family matters to attend to. In short, I say anew that the world doesn't move at my pace, in my terms, nor in accord with my preferences.
Though we might wish it to be otherwise, life is not all about us. For the world was created to revolve around God, not people. In Psalm 33, we read that:
All nature revolves around the Lord (vv.6-9). He assigned the sea its boundaries and locked the ocean in vast reservoirs. He spoke and the world began. It appeared at His command. It operates in accordance to the laws He has set.
All nations revolve around the Lord (vv.10-12). All plans and schemes cannot stand up against God's. Ultimately, it is the Lord's plan that will stand forever. His intentions can never be shaken.
All lives revolve around the Lord (vv.13-19). God sees the whole human race. He made our hearts, and He understands everything we do. And He has the power to intervene in our lives and deliver us from situations spinning out of control.
We need to live a God-centered life, not a self-centered one. As we revolve around Him today, let's submit to His commands and follow His ways. , Poh Fang Chia, Our Daily Journey
CLICK HERE to visit OurDailyJourney.org
- Sound Sensitive - Just as with Samuel, may we know the presence of God throughout the day....read more
- Rich in Good Works - How can you encourage other believers in Jesus to “be rich in good works”?...read more
- What Sets Us Free - Do you ever try to earn points with God?...read more
- Washed - In what ways is God calling you to visibly represent Him to someone else?...read more
- Sweet Music - What things have you been trying to handle without prayer?...read more
- Laughter - How do joy and laughter reveal the heart of God?...read more
- Powerful Patience - How can you trust God more even as you wait on Him?...read more
- Overwhelmed - What has sunk your spirits today?...read more
- Greater - How does the knowledge that God is greater than our storms impact the way you feel?...read more
- Voice of Reason - How do you respond to the rage of others?...read more
- Source of Truth - What does Scripture reveal about the issues on your mind today?...read more
- Little Things - Do you measure yourself and others according to God’s standards or the world’s?...read more
- Jesus the Reconciler - What does it add to your understanding of the cross to recognize that Jesus was enacting your reconciliation with God?...read more
- Tasting Heaven - How can you echo God’s future banquet by inviting diverse guests to your dinner parties?...read more
- Possible - What does it mean for you to know that Jesus is your Shepherd?...read more
- "Follow Me!" - Why are you following Jesus?...read more