Powerful PatienceHow can you trust God more even as you wait on Him?
Top Music Videos
The MalmÃ¶ Library in Sweden has allowed its patrons to borrow live human beings, instead of just books. The Living Library project featured nine people including an iman, a gypsy, and a journalist. Library members could check out the person for a 45-minute conversation at the library's cafÃ© to learn more about him or her.
As Christians, people around us are "checking us out" all the time, especially friends who might not share our faith. That's why Peter advises, "If someone asks about your Christian hope, always be ready to explain it" (1 Peter 3:15).
And, he reminds us to "do this in a gentle and respectful way" (v.16). He wants us to share our faith in love, not with a judgmental, "I'm right and you're not" approach. After all, it was because of God's love that that He gave "His one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life" (John 3:16).
Our friends may become interested in God's offer of eternal life when they see how our faith influences our everyday living. When we "don't copy the behavior and customs of this world" (Romans 12:2), people notice! Although it's not about appearing perfect, it is about living to please God and letting the "Holy Spirit guide [our] lives" (Galatians 5:16).
Even when we're doing okay spiritually, it's a little scary to think about sharing our beliefs with friends. That's why we need to pray for openness and trust that "even if [we] suffer for doing what is right, God will reward [us] for it" (1 Peter 3:14).
I don't know about you, but I want to be ready to share my faith with kindness. Until then, I'll strive to live in a way that makes me the first to volunteer, "Borrow me!" when it comes to speaking up for Jesus. , Jennifer Benson Schuldt, Our Daily Journey
CLICK HERE to visit Our Daily Journy
- Powerful Patience - How can you trust God more even as you wait on Him?...read more
- Overwhelmed - What has sunk your spirits today?...read more
- Greater - How does the knowledge that God is greater than our storms impact the way you feel?...read more
- Voice of Reason - How do you respond to the rage of others?...read more
- Source of Truth - What does Scripture reveal about the issues on your mind today?...read more
- Little Things - Do you measure yourself and others according to God’s standards or the world’s?...read more
- Jesus the Reconciler - What does it add to your understanding of the cross to recognize that Jesus was enacting your reconciliation with God?...read more
- Tasting Heaven - How can you echo God’s future banquet by inviting diverse guests to your dinner parties?...read more
- Possible - What does it mean for you to know that Jesus is your Shepherd?...read more
- "Follow Me!" - Why are you following Jesus?...read more
- Here’s Hope - Why do we sometimes keep our struggles to ourselves?...read more
- Is Jesus Enough? - How do you react when you see injustice in the world, or when circumstances are against you and God seems to be silent?...read more
- Greater Work - What life experience has most challenged your understanding of prayer?...read more
- Awe - Where and when do you find yourself most in awe of God?...read more
- Purpose - How does the apostle Paul’s life demonstrate God’s “purpose” to you?...read more
- Broken Down & Built Up - What might God be accomplishing in your life through a recent difficult experience?...read more