Sweet MusicWhat things have you been trying to handle without prayer?
Top Music Videos
A garden dwarf, a glass house, and a box made of matches. These items and many others are on display at the Museum of Broken Relationships in Croatia. It exists so that everyone who contributes a memento from a shattered relationship has the chance to "overcome emotional collapse through creation."
The Bible offers even more constructive insight on how to mend broken hearts. Jeremiah wrote Lamentations based on his firsthand experience with heartbreak over the nation of Israel.
Sorrowfully, he said, "I will never forget this awful time, as I grieve over my loss" (3:20).
Jeremiah acknowledged his pain. He didn't bury it or get busy and just try to forget. He expressed his feelings, proving that there is "a time to grieve" (Ecclesiastes 3:4).
Deep in his grief, Jeremiah never lost sight of God's love. He knew, "The faithful love of the Lord never ends!" (v.22). In the Hebrew language, this refers to a kind of love called chesed love, translation: loyal love. Although people we cherish may break our heart, God's love will never disappoint us. God's consistent, dependable affection caused Jeremiah to proclaim, "I will hope in Him!" (v.24). The idea of hope here relates to waiting for something, or lingering. While it's tempting to pine away for that guy or girl who just said sayonara, it's better to put our hope in God. He "will never abandon [us]" (Hebrews 13:5). If you're recovering from a splintered relationship, remember that it's okay to take time to mourn the loss. Allow God to comfort you with His faithful love, and wait on Him for emotional healing. Then you can eventually toss out all the reminders of lost love, with no need to keep them on display. , Jennifer Benson Schuldt
CLICK HERE to visit OurDailyJourney.org
- Sweet Music - What things have you been trying to handle without prayer?...read more
- Laughter - How do joy and laughter reveal the heart of God?...read more
- Powerful Patience - How can you trust God more even as you wait on Him?...read more
- Overwhelmed - What has sunk your spirits today?...read more
- Greater - How does the knowledge that God is greater than our storms impact the way you feel?...read more
- Voice of Reason - How do you respond to the rage of others?...read more
- Source of Truth - What does Scripture reveal about the issues on your mind today?...read more
- Little Things - Do you measure yourself and others according to God’s standards or the world’s?...read more
- Jesus the Reconciler - What does it add to your understanding of the cross to recognize that Jesus was enacting your reconciliation with God?...read more
- Tasting Heaven - How can you echo God’s future banquet by inviting diverse guests to your dinner parties?...read more
- Possible - What does it mean for you to know that Jesus is your Shepherd?...read more
- "Follow Me!" - Why are you following Jesus?...read more
- Here’s Hope - Why do we sometimes keep our struggles to ourselves?...read more
- Is Jesus Enough? - How do you react when you see injustice in the world, or when circumstances are against you and God seems to be silent?...read more
- Greater Work - What life experience has most challenged your understanding of prayer?...read more
- Awe - Where and when do you find yourself most in awe of God?...read more