Awaken Your Hope Jesus stirred embers of hope and life within His disciples.
Top Christian Music Videos
Look at the ravens. They don’t plant or harvest or store food in barns,
for God feeds them. And you are far more valuable to Him than any
birds! (Luke 12:24).
The other day I stopped at a service station to fill
up my car’s gas tank. When I went inside to pay,
I noticed a little sparrow hopping around on the
windowsill next to the cashier. She told me the sparrow
had flown into the window a few days earlier and
injured its wing. So she had brought it inside to give it a
chance to mend.
It was obvious that the fragile bird was frightened.
But a caring woman had taken him under her wing,
providing him shelter and a place to heal.
Shortly after my encounter with the little bird, I thought
of the discussion about sparrows that Jesus had with His
twelve disciples. He mentioned the small birds as He
was sending the men out to represent Him officially to
the people of Israel (Matthew 10). It was a dangerous
mission that would put them in harm’s way. He knew the
Jewish religious leaders would malign and persecute
them just as they did Him. In light of that fact, He said
to them, “Look, I am sending you out as sheep among
Understanding that the disciples naturally would be
afraid, Jesus then told them about the sparrows. He said,
“What is the price of two sparrows—one copper coin?
But not a single sparrow can fall to the ground without
your Father knowing it. . . . So don’t be afraid; you are more valuable to God
than a whole flock of sparrows” (vv.29-31).
Jesus’ point was simple. Since God makes it His business to consider the
welfare of little birds, He will also look after those who follow Him.
Is God sending you down a difficult path? Remember the sparrows and walk
without fear. Your heavenly Father will look after you.
Proverbs 29:25 describes what happens when we fear people and what
takes place when we trust God. Take a look!
When do you tend to fear man more than God? How do
Jesus’ words about the sparrows encourage you today?
- Awaken Your Hope - Jesus stirred embers of hope and life within His disciples....read more
- Meaning Mirage - Where do you typically find meaning in life?...read more
- Dirty Laundry - When you need to confront someone, how do you react?...read more
- Tender Hearts - How can we avoid being spiritually stubborn and unresponsive to God?...read more
- The Ultimate Source - God’s goodness and faithfulness can lead us to respond in varying ways....read more
- Love in Action - How can you show Christ’s love to someone in need with both your words and your actions?...read more
- Generous Hearts - Have you ever been the recipient of someone else’s generosity?...read more
- Persecuted but Growing - Have you ever seen God use something negative or discouraging to accomplish something amazing?...read more
- Autumn Moments - What season of life are you in right now?...read more
- Where Love Flourishes - How does the love of a man and woman united in Christ reflect the love God has for us?...read more
- You're Needed - How are you serving the body of Christ?...read more
- Not Coming Back - How does Jesus’ sacrificial example inspire you today?...read more
- Everything Matters - In God’s vision for the world, everything matters....read more
- Valid! - Our value comes from God in whose image we all have been created....read more
- Cupcake Face - Do you have a sin in your life you’ve been trying to hide from God?...read more
- Four Views - Have you ever wished that the Bible was written differently or in a way that was easier for you to understand?...read more