The Gift of LoveHow should you respond to such a great love?
Top Christian Music Videos
Look at the ravens. They don’t plant or harvest or store food in barns,
for God feeds them. And you are far more valuable to Him than any
birds! (Luke 12:24).
The other day I stopped at a service station to fill
up my car’s gas tank. When I went inside to pay,
I noticed a little sparrow hopping around on the
windowsill next to the cashier. She told me the sparrow
had flown into the window a few days earlier and
injured its wing. So she had brought it inside to give it a
chance to mend.
It was obvious that the fragile bird was frightened.
But a caring woman had taken him under her wing,
providing him shelter and a place to heal.
Shortly after my encounter with the little bird, I thought
of the discussion about sparrows that Jesus had with His
twelve disciples. He mentioned the small birds as He
was sending the men out to represent Him officially to
the people of Israel (Matthew 10). It was a dangerous
mission that would put them in harm’s way. He knew the
Jewish religious leaders would malign and persecute
them just as they did Him. In light of that fact, He said
to them, “Look, I am sending you out as sheep among
Understanding that the disciples naturally would be
afraid, Jesus then told them about the sparrows. He said,
“What is the price of two sparrows—one copper coin?
But not a single sparrow can fall to the ground without
your Father knowing it. . . . So don’t be afraid; you are more valuable to God
than a whole flock of sparrows” (vv.29-31).
Jesus’ point was simple. Since God makes it His business to consider the
welfare of little birds, He will also look after those who follow Him.
Is God sending you down a difficult path? Remember the sparrows and walk
without fear. Your heavenly Father will look after you.
Proverbs 29:25 describes what happens when we fear people and what
takes place when we trust God. Take a look!
When do you tend to fear man more than God? How do
Jesus’ words about the sparrows encourage you today?
- The Gift of Love - How should you respond to such a great love?...read more
- Warm Welcome - How does warm hospitality reflect God’s loving heart?...read more
- In the Gap - What has God equipped you with to intercede for others?...read more
- Confession and Blessing - How does repentance reveal our faith and trust in Jesus?...read more
- Breaking the Mold - How are you sharing Jesus with the next generation?...read more
- Diseased Hearts - What are the implications of only God truly knowing the heart and being able to cure it?...read more
- To Make Them Better - To follow Jesus means we allow God to transform the whole of our life....read more
- Looking for Work? - Consider how God has uniquely equipped you....read more
- Out of the Blue - God intervened before we were aware of our need....read more
- Joy and Sadness - Is there sadness in your life you need to embrace?...read more
- Passion Unleashed - What gifts and talents has God given you?...read more
- Thankful for What? - How do your difficult times more clearly illustrate God’s power and redemption?...read more
- Where Desire Takes Us - What desires have you been wrestling with?...read more
- Nursing a Grudge - Why is it vital for you to bring your bitter feelings to God?...read more
- A New Person - What regret do you need to give to Jesus?...read more
- Wexting? - For what challenge do you need to seek God’s wisdom today?...read more