Rich in Good WorksHow can you encourage other believers in Jesus to “be rich in good works”?
Top Music Videos
The women's fashion and lifestyle magazine in my mechanic's office flaunted numerous articles about sex. One story, meant to be especially titillating, recounted the exploits of men who made love to multiple partners at once. The article left me sad. These hollow thrill seekers are not just looking for love in all the wrong places, they're looking for love in too many places.
The best sex is exclusive. The oneness between a husband and wife, "two are united into one" (Genesis 2:18,24), is a reflection of the ultimate spiritual oneness shared by the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. God is a selfgiving community of love: Three in One who exist in a perfect relationship. Theologians base our understanding of the mutual indwelling of the Trinity on Jesus' words: "You are in Me, Father, and I am in You" (John 17:21). When we become one with another body, we reflect the God who made us in His image as male and female (Genesis 1:27). Some popular love songs seem to get it right. Sex can be "almost paradise." It is "knocking on heaven's door," because the companionship and intimacy of marriage echo the love of our triune God. This is why Proverbs instructs married couples to "reserve [sex] for yourselves.
Never share it with strangers" (5:17). When we selfishly use another person for our own physical pleasure, stealing from their body rather than owning and being owned by them, the true joy of sex (that only comes through giving ourselves completely to the one person who has given him or herself to us) is lost. Any animal can mate. Only humans can know the bliss of being loved by one other, of being naked and vulnerable and still embraced. And that is simply divine. , Mike Wittmer
CLICK HERE to visit OurDailyJourney.org
- Rich in Good Works - How can you encourage other believers in Jesus to “be rich in good works”?...read more
- What Sets Us Free - Do you ever try to earn points with God?...read more
- Washed - In what ways is God calling you to visibly represent Him to someone else?...read more
- Sweet Music - What things have you been trying to handle without prayer?...read more
- Laughter - How do joy and laughter reveal the heart of God?...read more
- Powerful Patience - How can you trust God more even as you wait on Him?...read more
- Overwhelmed - What has sunk your spirits today?...read more
- Greater - How does the knowledge that God is greater than our storms impact the way you feel?...read more
- Voice of Reason - How do you respond to the rage of others?...read more
- Source of Truth - What does Scripture reveal about the issues on your mind today?...read more
- Little Things - Do you measure yourself and others according to God’s standards or the world’s?...read more
- Jesus the Reconciler - What does it add to your understanding of the cross to recognize that Jesus was enacting your reconciliation with God?...read more
- Tasting Heaven - How can you echo God’s future banquet by inviting diverse guests to your dinner parties?...read more
- Possible - What does it mean for you to know that Jesus is your Shepherd?...read more
- "Follow Me!" - Why are you following Jesus?...read more
- Here’s Hope - Why do we sometimes keep our struggles to ourselves?...read more