MemorialsHow could you memorialize something God has done for you this week?
Top Music Videos
Brianne Leckness sat on the steps of a church, abandoned by her mom and step-dad. Brianne was 3 years old. Her parents had pinned a note on her shirt: "Please take care of her. We can't any longer." Passed from foster home to foster home, Brianne grew up the best she could. Brianne remembers how, on her 18th birthday, her mother "blew into town [and] wanted us to go on The Montel Williams Show and say how she really never wanted to give me up." But Brianne knew the obvious truth: Her mother hadn't wanted her.
Such a story rips into our heart. It's impossible to imagine such callous desertion. Thankfully, few of us have faced this kind of abusive abandonment. We have all, however, felt the sting of rejection. We have all, in our own way, been left alone. A divorce leaves us without a parent. A misunderstanding leaves us without a friend. An economic downturn leaves us without a job. Whatever the trouble, the result is the same: We feel alone.
When we're in this place, God's bold words echo with hope and perfect clarity: "I will never fail you. I will never abandon you" (v.5). This straightforward assertion does not mean that our human pain immediately dissolves or that we downplay the seriousness of others' neglect. What it does mean, however, is that God's presence can heal our most lonely places (v.6). God's love is the love we are most desperate for, and God's love will never wane. It will never run thin. God's love will always, always, be with us.
When God says He will not "fail" us, He promises that He will never abandon or neglect those He loves. God's love will never let us go, never leave us to ourselves. , Winn Collier, Our Daily Journey
CLICK HERE to visit OurDailyJourney.org
- Memorials - How could you memorialize something God has done for you this week?...read more
- Sound Sensitive - Just as with Samuel, may we know the presence of God throughout the day....read more
- Rich in Good Works - How can you encourage other believers in Jesus to “be rich in good works”?...read more
- What Sets Us Free - Do you ever try to earn points with God?...read more
- Washed - In what ways is God calling you to visibly represent Him to someone else?...read more
- Sweet Music - What things have you been trying to handle without prayer?...read more
- Laughter - How do joy and laughter reveal the heart of God?...read more
- Powerful Patience - How can you trust God more even as you wait on Him?...read more
- Overwhelmed - What has sunk your spirits today?...read more
- Greater - How does the knowledge that God is greater than our storms impact the way you feel?...read more
- Voice of Reason - How do you respond to the rage of others?...read more
- Source of Truth - What does Scripture reveal about the issues on your mind today?...read more
- Little Things - Do you measure yourself and others according to God’s standards or the world’s?...read more
- Jesus the Reconciler - What does it add to your understanding of the cross to recognize that Jesus was enacting your reconciliation with God?...read more
- Tasting Heaven - How can you echo God’s future banquet by inviting diverse guests to your dinner parties?...read more
- Possible - What does it mean for you to know that Jesus is your Shepherd?...read more