Sound SensitiveJust as with Samuel, may we know the presence of God throughout the day.
Top Music Videos
Lazy? Not me. I'm busy. Up early, up late. My schedule is filled from beginning to end. I love what I do and I love getting stuff done. I attack a daily to-do list with the same intensity I play basketball."
I couldn't identify more with these words written by Christian blogger C. J. Mahaney. It's great to keep busy and accomplish stuff, isn't it?
If we grasp what true diligence is all about as presented in Proverbs, however, we may discover that we are simply being hectic sluggards. Here's why. Proverbs 10:5 describes the diligent person as busy and wise. In other words, a diligent person uses both his brawn and brain. He analyzes his situation and makes wise decisions in his labor. He knows how to act and speak in different situations. He doesn't back down from challenges, but seeks to navigate around or through them with God's help. He knows that wisdom doesn't imply superior IQ. It's found in a healthy fear of the Lord (9:10).
A diligent person also works in anticipation of the harvest. She has a clear goal to accomplish and she applies appropriate action at the right time by harvesting in summer.
She recognizes that busyness does not make us immune from laziness. People can be busy and still not accomplish anything of true value. They can be busy, but with doing the wrong things and at the wrong time. And the things that they should be doing are left undone.
Diligence flows from analysis, anticipation, appropriate action, and accomplishment, all prompted by the Holy Spirit's active work within us. When considering our schedules, let's pursue priorities and projects that are derived from God's wise plans. To be diligent for God does not mean simply being busy. , Poh Fang Chia, Our Daily Journey
CLICK HERE to visit OurDailyJourney.org
- Sound Sensitive - Just as with Samuel, may we know the presence of God throughout the day....read more
- Rich in Good Works - How can you encourage other believers in Jesus to “be rich in good works”?...read more
- What Sets Us Free - Do you ever try to earn points with God?...read more
- Washed - In what ways is God calling you to visibly represent Him to someone else?...read more
- Sweet Music - What things have you been trying to handle without prayer?...read more
- Laughter - How do joy and laughter reveal the heart of God?...read more
- Powerful Patience - How can you trust God more even as you wait on Him?...read more
- Overwhelmed - What has sunk your spirits today?...read more
- Greater - How does the knowledge that God is greater than our storms impact the way you feel?...read more
- Voice of Reason - How do you respond to the rage of others?...read more
- Source of Truth - What does Scripture reveal about the issues on your mind today?...read more
- Little Things - Do you measure yourself and others according to God’s standards or the world’s?...read more
- Jesus the Reconciler - What does it add to your understanding of the cross to recognize that Jesus was enacting your reconciliation with God?...read more
- Tasting Heaven - How can you echo God’s future banquet by inviting diverse guests to your dinner parties?...read more
- Possible - What does it mean for you to know that Jesus is your Shepherd?...read more
- "Follow Me!" - Why are you following Jesus?...read more