Sound SensitiveJust as with Samuel, may we know the presence of God throughout the day.
Top Music Videos
The systems of our world are appearing more and more vulnerable. Mortgage and bank crises have undercut consumer confidence. Terrorist attacks around the world have sparked new fears. Corrupt politicians and religious leaders have continued to breed cynicism. And the struggling economy around the globe has caused many to become fearful and stressed. These feelings of vulnerability and doubt have some Jesus- followers wondering if God is still the King of all.
Many years ago, when the effectiveness of God's reign was doubtful in the minds of His people, the psalmist penned a royal psalm to reassure them that they could feel secure because the Lord was still king. He began the psalm with, "The Lord (Yahweh) is king!" (Psalm 93:1). He used God's personal and covenant name to indicate who was reigning. It was a name that communicated to God's people that He would reign forever and would always keep His people safe. The psalmist was also declaring that there was no other god who qualified to be king besides the Lord.
The Hebrew text actually reads, "The Lord is becoming king." Wait! Was he saying that there was a time when He was not king? Absolutely not! With this pronouncement, the psalmist was stating that the effectiveness and the assertion of the Lord's rule had once again become real to His people. After their view of Him had been temporarily clouded by turmoil, chaos, and uncertainty, they were renewing and accepting His reign and enthroning Him in their hearts (v.2).
Although we think it doesn't seem like it at times, the Lord does reign over creation and chaos in the world (vv.3-5). Even more, He desires to dwell in and reign over the hearts of His people. Let's enthrone Him anew today and yield to His kingly rule over all aspects of our lives. , Marvin Williams, Our Daily Journey
CLICK HERE to visit OurDailyJourney.org
- Sound Sensitive - Just as with Samuel, may we know the presence of God throughout the day....read more
- Rich in Good Works - How can you encourage other believers in Jesus to “be rich in good works”?...read more
- What Sets Us Free - Do you ever try to earn points with God?...read more
- Washed - In what ways is God calling you to visibly represent Him to someone else?...read more
- Sweet Music - What things have you been trying to handle without prayer?...read more
- Laughter - How do joy and laughter reveal the heart of God?...read more
- Powerful Patience - How can you trust God more even as you wait on Him?...read more
- Overwhelmed - What has sunk your spirits today?...read more
- Greater - How does the knowledge that God is greater than our storms impact the way you feel?...read more
- Voice of Reason - How do you respond to the rage of others?...read more
- Source of Truth - What does Scripture reveal about the issues on your mind today?...read more
- Little Things - Do you measure yourself and others according to God’s standards or the world’s?...read more
- Jesus the Reconciler - What does it add to your understanding of the cross to recognize that Jesus was enacting your reconciliation with God?...read more
- Tasting Heaven - How can you echo God’s future banquet by inviting diverse guests to your dinner parties?...read more
- Possible - What does it mean for you to know that Jesus is your Shepherd?...read more
- "Follow Me!" - Why are you following Jesus?...read more