Choosing to ForgetWhat painful memory is holding you back from peace with God?
Top Christian Music Videos
Everyone enjoys a fitting reply; it is wonderful to say the right thing at the
right time! (15:23).
To continue working and ministering in Uganda
through the nonprofit organization I launched in
2009 called Tukutana, I recently had to raise a
considerable amount of funds in a short period of time.
Amazingly—despite the struggling economy—after my
need was shared by e-mail, the donations poured in and
my entire quarterly goal was met in less than 48 hours!
Experiencing God’s provision in such a dramatic way
reminded me of the truth found in 2 Corinthians 9:8:
“God will generously provide all you need. Then you will
always have everything you need and plenty to share
It was not only the happy outcome, however, that
made me reflect on God’s Word. Throughout the
fundraising process, I received many “No’s” that pointed
me to Scripture as well.
One person, for example, wrote, “We are
disappointed to not be able to contribute to this part of
God’s work right now.” Another added, “Again, we love
what you’re doing and can’t help, but wish that we could
lend a hand to support you. Yet, we know the Lord has
led us to give ourselves to these other ministries and so
we can joyfully decline and know that He will raise up
others to accomplish His purposes.”
Indeed, as these friends expressed, whatever ministry
you and I are a part of is simply a slice of God’s vast
work around the world. I’m thankful for this reminder and for friends who,
though unable to participate financially in my work, still took the time to send
encouraging notes that were bathed in honesty and affirmation.
Proverbs 16:24 says, “Kind words are like honey.” How have you
experienced the benefit of kind words recently?
Handwrite a letter to thank someone for his or her friendship,
encouraging that person to press on or expressing a quality you admire
about him or her. How did Jesus use “wise words” to inspire specific
people He met?
- Choosing to Forget - What painful memory is holding you back from peace with God?...read more
- Not about Fame - How has Jesus changed your life?...read more
- Faithful and True - What experiences have shaped your understanding of what it means to be faithful?...read more
- Living Houses of Prayer - What does it mean for you to be a living house of prayer?...read more
- Test of Courage - Read Proverbs 21:30-31 to see how true success depends on God....read more
- Calling on the Air - In what ways have you called on God for direction ?...read more
- Only the Beginning - What hope has God brought you today?...read more
- Disciplined for Freedom - Praise God and display your gratitude to Him today!...read more
- What Will We Become? - What does it mean for you to be God’s masterpiece?...read more
- Taking the Hate - Which portions of the Bible trouble you the most?...read more
- Not a Distant God - Read Romans 8:31-39 to be reminded of the intimate love God has for us....read more
- A Greater Power - Read Jeremiah 31:20-25 and consider the power of God’s restoration...read more
- Anger Management - Read Matthew 5:21-22 to see what Jesus said about anger and sin....read more
- Moving Past Memories - How can experiencing God’s forgiveness for our sin help us to extend grace to others?...read more
- There is Hope - What has caused you to lose hope recently?...read more
- Transformed! - How has God’s power helped you overcome fear?...read more