Tender HeartsHow can we avoid being spiritually stubborn and unresponsive to God?
Top Christian Music Videos
Everyone enjoys a fitting reply; it is wonderful to say the right thing at the
right time! (15:23).
To continue working and ministering in Uganda
through the nonprofit organization I launched in
2009 called Tukutana, I recently had to raise a
considerable amount of funds in a short period of time.
Amazingly—despite the struggling economy—after my
need was shared by e-mail, the donations poured in and
my entire quarterly goal was met in less than 48 hours!
Experiencing God’s provision in such a dramatic way
reminded me of the truth found in 2 Corinthians 9:8:
“God will generously provide all you need. Then you will
always have everything you need and plenty to share
It was not only the happy outcome, however, that
made me reflect on God’s Word. Throughout the
fundraising process, I received many “No’s” that pointed
me to Scripture as well.
One person, for example, wrote, “We are
disappointed to not be able to contribute to this part of
God’s work right now.” Another added, “Again, we love
what you’re doing and can’t help, but wish that we could
lend a hand to support you. Yet, we know the Lord has
led us to give ourselves to these other ministries and so
we can joyfully decline and know that He will raise up
others to accomplish His purposes.”
Indeed, as these friends expressed, whatever ministry
you and I are a part of is simply a slice of God’s vast
work around the world. I’m thankful for this reminder and for friends who,
though unable to participate financially in my work, still took the time to send
encouraging notes that were bathed in honesty and affirmation.
Proverbs 16:24 says, “Kind words are like honey.” How have you
experienced the benefit of kind words recently?
Handwrite a letter to thank someone for his or her friendship,
encouraging that person to press on or expressing a quality you admire
about him or her. How did Jesus use “wise words” to inspire specific
people He met?
- Tender Hearts - How can we avoid being spiritually stubborn and unresponsive to God?...read more
- The Ultimate Source - God’s goodness and faithfulness can lead us to respond in varying ways....read more
- Love in Action - How can you show Christ’s love to someone in need with both your words and your actions?...read more
- Generous Hearts - Have you ever been the recipient of someone else’s generosity?...read more
- Persecuted but Growing - Have you ever seen God use something negative or discouraging to accomplish something amazing?...read more
- Autumn Moments - What season of life are you in right now?...read more
- Where Love Flourishes - How does the love of a man and woman united in Christ reflect the love God has for us?...read more
- You're Needed - How are you serving the body of Christ?...read more
- Not Coming Back - How does Jesus’ sacrificial example inspire you today?...read more
- Everything Matters - In God’s vision for the world, everything matters....read more
- Valid! - Our value comes from God in whose image we all have been created....read more
- Cupcake Face - Do you have a sin in your life you’ve been trying to hide from God?...read more
- Four Views - Have you ever wished that the Bible was written differently or in a way that was easier for you to understand?...read more
- Perfect Peace - Are you living out God’s “perfect peace”?...read more
- Cherished Possessions - Do you share the same love, empathy, and care for sinners?...read more
- Is This Heaven? - What do you think about heaven and earth?...read more