Rejoicing in Deep NeedWhat happens when you choose to rejoice in God even when you’re in deep need?
Top Christian Music Videos
Everyone enjoys a fitting reply; it is wonderful to say the right thing at the
right time! (15:23).
To continue working and ministering in Uganda
through the nonprofit organization I launched in
2009 called Tukutana, I recently had to raise a
considerable amount of funds in a short period of time.
Amazingly—despite the struggling economy—after my
need was shared by e-mail, the donations poured in and
my entire quarterly goal was met in less than 48 hours!
Experiencing God’s provision in such a dramatic way
reminded me of the truth found in 2 Corinthians 9:8:
“God will generously provide all you need. Then you will
always have everything you need and plenty to share
It was not only the happy outcome, however, that
made me reflect on God’s Word. Throughout the
fundraising process, I received many “No’s” that pointed
me to Scripture as well.
One person, for example, wrote, “We are
disappointed to not be able to contribute to this part of
God’s work right now.” Another added, “Again, we love
what you’re doing and can’t help, but wish that we could
lend a hand to support you. Yet, we know the Lord has
led us to give ourselves to these other ministries and so
we can joyfully decline and know that He will raise up
others to accomplish His purposes.”
Indeed, as these friends expressed, whatever ministry
you and I are a part of is simply a slice of God’s vast
work around the world. I’m thankful for this reminder and for friends who,
though unable to participate financially in my work, still took the time to send
encouraging notes that were bathed in honesty and affirmation.
Proverbs 16:24 says, “Kind words are like honey.” How have you
experienced the benefit of kind words recently?
Handwrite a letter to thank someone for his or her friendship,
encouraging that person to press on or expressing a quality you admire
about him or her. How did Jesus use “wise words” to inspire specific
people He met?
- Rejoicing in Deep Need - What happens when you choose to rejoice in God even when you’re in deep need?...read more
- Staying True - Our ability to stand in the midst of trials will depend on the focus of our gaze....read more
- Write Your Epitaph - How are you growing in your faith and the proclaiming of it?...read more
- What Happens in the End - Are you feeling hopeless and weary? Be reminded of what happens in the end!...read more
- Stop Painting Your Bucket - Who you are is who you are in Jesus....read more
- What We Have - When do you feel most grateful?...read more
- God's Perspective - What has God called you to do that might appear to be too challenging?...read more
- More than Walking on Water - Do you ever find yourself focusing more on what God can do than on who He is?...read more
- The Spirit’s Wind - In what areas of your life have you been laboring in your own strength instead of God’s power?...read more
- Laying Down Your Life - What does it mean for you to embrace Jesus as the One who laid down His life for you?...read more
- Hidden Costs - What are some ways you can avoid falling prey to Satan’s hidden costs this week?...read more
- Limits - How often are you weary or stressed from church work?...read more
- Healing Prayer - Why is it important for us to bring our pain and suffering to God?...read more
- Pleasing God in the Mundane - Do you sometimes feel drained by serving God and others?...read more
- Avoiding Mean Streets - In what ways have you been entering deeper into God’s wisdom or moving farther away from it?...read more
- The Presence of Jesus - What past or current sinful choice has caused you to experience shame?...read more