The Kingdom We Long ForWhat makes you most desperate for the fullness of God’s kingdom to arrive?
Top Music Videos
Everyone enjoys a fitting reply; it is wonderful to say the right thing at the
right time! (15:23).
To continue working and ministering in Uganda
through the nonprofit organization I launched in
2009 called Tukutana, I recently had to raise a
considerable amount of funds in a short period of time.
Amazingly—despite the struggling economy—after my
need was shared by e-mail, the donations poured in and
my entire quarterly goal was met in less than 48 hours!
Experiencing God’s provision in such a dramatic way
reminded me of the truth found in 2 Corinthians 9:8:
“God will generously provide all you need. Then you will
always have everything you need and plenty to share
It was not only the happy outcome, however, that
made me reflect on God’s Word. Throughout the
fundraising process, I received many “No’s” that pointed
me to Scripture as well.
One person, for example, wrote, “We are
disappointed to not be able to contribute to this part of
God’s work right now.” Another added, “Again, we love
what you’re doing and can’t help, but wish that we could
lend a hand to support you. Yet, we know the Lord has
led us to give ourselves to these other ministries and so
we can joyfully decline and know that He will raise up
others to accomplish His purposes.”
Indeed, as these friends expressed, whatever ministry
you and I are a part of is simply a slice of God’s vast
work around the world. I’m thankful for this reminder and for friends who,
though unable to participate financially in my work, still took the time to send
encouraging notes that were bathed in honesty and affirmation.
Proverbs 16:24 says, “Kind words are like honey.” How have you
experienced the benefit of kind words recently?
Handwrite a letter to thank someone for his or her friendship,
encouraging that person to press on or expressing a quality you admire
about him or her. How did Jesus use “wise words” to inspire specific
people He met?
- The Kingdom We Long For - What makes you most desperate for the fullness of God’s kingdom to arrive?...read more
- Offering Refuge and Hope - How can you practically and prayerfully support refugees?...read more
- Songs Before Dawn - How will you use your voice to let the good news ring out today?...read more
- Uber Conversations - How do the Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit model a loving relationship?...read more
- Prayer on an Airplane - How can you prepare to share the hope you have in Jesus?...read more
- Adding Interest? - Is there something you’re holding back from God?...read more
- Lord of the Cosmos - What does Jesus being “Lord of the cosmos” mean for your future?...read more
- Farming Hope - What trial are you facing today?...read more
- Because of Sunday - How can you learn to imitate Jesus and His mindset as you face conflict?...read more
- Our Real and Present God - When have you grappled with questions about God’s nearness and presence?...read more
- Gift of Tears - What triggers your emotions?...read more
- Faith in the Fields - Jesus urged His disciples to tell people about Him for “the Kingdom of Heaven is near.”...read more
- Pizza and God's Presence - When do you feel most vulnerable?...read more
- Peace and Contentment - What changes could you make to better “seek the Kingdom of God above all else”?...read more
- Beauty of Diversity - Do your relationships reflect the beautiful diversity of the early church?...read more
- Starting Small - Read Philippians 1:6 and consider how God will finish the good work He started in you....read more