LaughterHow do joy and laughter reveal the heart of God?
Top Music Videos
Biju Thampy, a young man from India, knew poverty. When an unidentified benefactor sent him to England to be trained for the ministry, Thampy was unwilling to rest in comfort. Hungry for the realization of the Great Commission, he asked the school officials to use part of the funds from his meal provisions for missions. For him, eating only one meal a day was a small price to pay. Today, his church in Mumbai feeds approximately 1,000 children each day while teaching them the gospel. An amazing feat, but only a fraction of the city's more than 200,000 homeless children.
The world teaches us to measure our contentment based upon our circumstances. We not only live in a "gotta have it" culture, but one telling us "have it your way." If something you buy doesn't work the way you want it to, return it. If a relationship doesn't work, let it go. If your job isn't what you wanted, find a new one. If you feel something is missing in your life, a person or material thing can make you happier. We refuse to do without.
We will always have needs, things we want, or desired improvements in our relationships. Trying to find answers in our circumstances leaves our hearts indecisive about God's provision (James 1:5-8). Only Christ can fulfill what we truly need. Godly contentment goes beyond circumstances.
Contentment doesn't just happen. It's a choice that begins by seeing things from God's perspective (Job 28:24). When we see Him as our source, our needs become defined by His heart. We choose: â€¢ To trust in the Lord above things, people, and situations (Philippians 4:6-7). â€¢ To pull our thoughts toward what really matters (v.8). â€¢ To look at what we have, instead of what we don't have and to see Christ as our source of satisfaction (vv.11-13). , Regina Franklin, Our Daily Journey
CLICK HERE to visit OurDailyJourney.org
- Laughter - How do joy and laughter reveal the heart of God?...read more
- Powerful Patience - How can you trust God more even as you wait on Him?...read more
- Overwhelmed - What has sunk your spirits today?...read more
- Greater - How does the knowledge that God is greater than our storms impact the way you feel?...read more
- Voice of Reason - How do you respond to the rage of others?...read more
- Source of Truth - What does Scripture reveal about the issues on your mind today?...read more
- Little Things - Do you measure yourself and others according to God’s standards or the world’s?...read more
- Jesus the Reconciler - What does it add to your understanding of the cross to recognize that Jesus was enacting your reconciliation with God?...read more
- Tasting Heaven - How can you echo God’s future banquet by inviting diverse guests to your dinner parties?...read more
- Possible - What does it mean for you to know that Jesus is your Shepherd?...read more
- "Follow Me!" - Why are you following Jesus?...read more
- Here’s Hope - Why do we sometimes keep our struggles to ourselves?...read more
- Is Jesus Enough? - How do you react when you see injustice in the world, or when circumstances are against you and God seems to be silent?...read more
- Greater Work - What life experience has most challenged your understanding of prayer?...read more
- Awe - Where and when do you find yourself most in awe of God?...read more
- Purpose - How does the apostle Paul’s life demonstrate God’s “purpose” to you?...read more