Right and Wrong WordsIs your tongue quick to criticize but slow to apologize?
Top Christian Music Videos
Don’t let that day catch you unaware. . . . For that day will come upon everyone living on the earth. Keep alert at all times (21:34-36).
A doomsday prophet predicted that Jesus would return on September 6, 1994, then May 21, 2011, and then finally on October 21, 2011. He even said that God had stopped saving people after May 21. When the final doomsday prediction did not happen, the man had to finally apologize for his false teachings.
For centuries, the Jews were expecting the Messiah to come to be their King. They wondered if Jesus, a small- town rabbi, was the One (Luke 7:19). But the Pharisees challenged Him—saying in essence: If You are the Messiah, when will You set up Your kingdom? (17:20).
Jesus said that many will speculate about His coming, saying, “ ‘Look, there is the Son of Man,’ or ‘Here He is,’ but don’t go out and follow them” (v.23). It’s also futile to predict the date of His return. “It will be ‘business as usual’ right up to the day when the Son of Man is revealed” (v.30). But Jesus will return at a time when people least expect Him (vv.26-29, 34-35), as quickly and suddenly as lightning (v.24).
When Jesus returns, the world will be as it was in the days of Noah (vv.26-27) and Lot (vv.28-30)— consistently and totally evil (Genesis 6:5; 2 Peter 2:7), characterized by unprecedented violence (Genesis 6:11) and unnatural relationships (19:5).
Yes, Jesus will punish a corrupt and wicked world when He returns (Luke 17:26). But, no, God has not stopped saving people. For God “does not want anyone to be destroyed, but wants everyone to repent” (2 Peter 2:9). “He wants everyone to be saved” (1 Timothy 1:4). There is still time to believe in Jesus. “Indeed, the ‘right time’ is now. Today is the day of salvation” (2 Corinthians 2:2).
Why does Jesus tell us to keep watching for His return? (Mark 13:32). What does it mean for you to be on guard and to stay alert for His second coming?
Do you want Jesus to return in your lifetime? Why? What’s one thing that you want to do before Jesus’ return?
- Right and Wrong Words - Is your tongue quick to criticize but slow to apologize?...read more
- Kindness and Hospitality - How are you using your God-given gifts to love and serve others?...read more
- Rejoicing in Deep Need - What happens when you choose to rejoice in God even when you’re in deep need?...read more
- Staying True - Our ability to stand in the midst of trials will depend on the focus of our gaze....read more
- Write Your Epitaph - How are you growing in your faith and the proclaiming of it?...read more
- What Happens in the End - Are you feeling hopeless and weary? Be reminded of what happens in the end!...read more
- Stop Painting Your Bucket - Who you are is who you are in Jesus....read more
- What We Have - When do you feel most grateful?...read more
- God's Perspective - What has God called you to do that might appear to be too challenging?...read more
- More than Walking on Water - Do you ever find yourself focusing more on what God can do than on who He is?...read more
- The Spirit’s Wind - In what areas of your life have you been laboring in your own strength instead of God’s power?...read more
- Laying Down Your Life - What does it mean for you to embrace Jesus as the One who laid down His life for you?...read more
- Hidden Costs - What are some ways you can avoid falling prey to Satan’s hidden costs this week?...read more
- Limits - How often are you weary or stressed from church work?...read more
- Healing Prayer - Why is it important for us to bring our pain and suffering to God?...read more
- Pleasing God in the Mundane - Do you sometimes feel drained by serving God and others?...read more