Sound SensitiveJust as with Samuel, may we know the presence of God throughout the day.
Top Music Videos
Now 7 years old, my son has always thought way outside of the box. Testing his boundaries, he's quickly realizing that while we want him to ask tough questions, not everything we say is up for discussion.
It's not an easy lesson to learn, for him or for us. How often do we appear like 7-year-olds to God? Inquisitive, we long to know more. But that same questioning nature that pushes us to search out the mystery of His ways (Proverbs 25:2) can bring us into conflict with His sovereignty. Like a child, we must learn to live with both wonder and trust.
Few of us question the answers God gives when we're experiencing prosperity and blessing. In heartache and trial, however, the questions tumble over one another and usually resist being neatly tucked away. Later, when we're met with seeming silence from heaven, we become self-righteous, bold, even defiant. All the while, God remains sovereign and completely trustworthy.
Like us, Job couldn't see past the natural world. How interesting that God used nature to remind Job of His absolute power and authority over all things. From Job's experience, we see: â€¢ God is patient with our questions; He too has known suffering (Matthew 26:39; 1 Peter 2:21). â€¢ God's love for us is greater than any trial we may face (Psalm 31:7; Romans 8:35-39). â€¢ God is more interested in our knowing Him than in our simply getting answers (Psalm 27:8; Jeremiah 9:23-24). Our questions don't keep us from God, but our surrender brings us closer to Him. , Regina Franklin
CLICK HERE to visit OurDailyJourney.org
- Sound Sensitive - Just as with Samuel, may we know the presence of God throughout the day....read more
- Rich in Good Works - How can you encourage other believers in Jesus to “be rich in good works”?...read more
- What Sets Us Free - Do you ever try to earn points with God?...read more
- Washed - In what ways is God calling you to visibly represent Him to someone else?...read more
- Sweet Music - What things have you been trying to handle without prayer?...read more
- Laughter - How do joy and laughter reveal the heart of God?...read more
- Powerful Patience - How can you trust God more even as you wait on Him?...read more
- Overwhelmed - What has sunk your spirits today?...read more
- Greater - How does the knowledge that God is greater than our storms impact the way you feel?...read more
- Voice of Reason - How do you respond to the rage of others?...read more
- Source of Truth - What does Scripture reveal about the issues on your mind today?...read more
- Little Things - Do you measure yourself and others according to God’s standards or the world’s?...read more
- Jesus the Reconciler - What does it add to your understanding of the cross to recognize that Jesus was enacting your reconciliation with God?...read more
- Tasting Heaven - How can you echo God’s future banquet by inviting diverse guests to your dinner parties?...read more
- Possible - What does it mean for you to know that Jesus is your Shepherd?...read more
- "Follow Me!" - Why are you following Jesus?...read more