Sound SensitiveJust as with Samuel, may we know the presence of God throughout the day.
Top Music Videos
During a visit to an East Africa hospital, I met a 10-year-old boy, Joseph, who is severely disfigured. A nurse explained that when Joseph was an infant his mother set him on fire. Though he miraculously survived, his left leg was burned to a mere stub. His right is permanently bent backwards, with webbed toes that were heavily damaged by the flames. Joseph's left hand is missing two fingers, and, despite multiple operations, his wrist bone protrudes from the skin.
I held Joseph as the nurse changed his bandages, and was amazed when he confidently said to me, "The Lord's going to make me well!"
I believe Joseph is right. Though I don't know when or how God will bring healing to the child, I trust Isaiah who prophesied that one day the Lord will come, "and when He comes, He will open the eyes of the blind and unplug the ears of the deaf. The lame will leap like a deer, and those who cannot speak will sing for joy!" (Isaiah 35:5-6).
But for now, we live in an age where homes and communities around the world contain broken, hurting people. These individuals, like Joseph, are in dire need of our love and care. The apostle Paul told God's people to "take tender care of those who are weak" (1 Th. 5:14).
His words echo the words of King Solomon in Psalm 72 as he implored God's people to: â€¢ Judge others in a right and righteous way (v.2). â€¢ Let the poor always be treated fairly (v.2). â€¢ Defend the poor and afflicted (v.4). â€¢ Rescue the children of the needy (v.4). What can you do today to be a blessing to a physically impaired person in your community? , Roxanne Robbins
CLICK HERE to visit OurDailyJourney.org
- Sound Sensitive - Just as with Samuel, may we know the presence of God throughout the day....read more
- Rich in Good Works - How can you encourage other believers in Jesus to “be rich in good works”?...read more
- What Sets Us Free - Do you ever try to earn points with God?...read more
- Washed - In what ways is God calling you to visibly represent Him to someone else?...read more
- Sweet Music - What things have you been trying to handle without prayer?...read more
- Laughter - How do joy and laughter reveal the heart of God?...read more
- Powerful Patience - How can you trust God more even as you wait on Him?...read more
- Overwhelmed - What has sunk your spirits today?...read more
- Greater - How does the knowledge that God is greater than our storms impact the way you feel?...read more
- Voice of Reason - How do you respond to the rage of others?...read more
- Source of Truth - What does Scripture reveal about the issues on your mind today?...read more
- Little Things - Do you measure yourself and others according to God’s standards or the world’s?...read more
- Jesus the Reconciler - What does it add to your understanding of the cross to recognize that Jesus was enacting your reconciliation with God?...read more
- Tasting Heaven - How can you echo God’s future banquet by inviting diverse guests to your dinner parties?...read more
- Possible - What does it mean for you to know that Jesus is your Shepherd?...read more
- "Follow Me!" - Why are you following Jesus?...read more