MemorialsHow could you memorialize something God has done for you this week?
Top Music Videos
We're talking 1.8 million. That's the record- breaking number of people who swarmed the US Capitol grounds on January 20, 2009, to watch the inauguration of President Barack Obama. That number, 1.8 million, is also the heart-wrenching number of orphans struggling to survive in Uganda, the small country in East Africa where I live.
Daily, I witness some of Uganda's parentless children striving to make it to "tomorrow." Some beg. Some are forced into child labor. Some drop out of school to care for dying relatives. Some are placed in orphan homes. Others, sometimes as young as 5 years old, are trafficked and sexually exploited.
Today, make a difference on behalf of the millions of orphans around the world: â€¢ Pray that those who intend to prey on children will not succeed. Exodus 22:22-23 says, "You must not exploit a widow or an orphan. If you exploit them in any way and they cry out to Me, then I will certainly hear their cry." â€¢ Pray for God's people who are seeking justice on behalf of the orphans around the world. Ask God how you can support these little ones. "Give justice to the poor and the orphan; uphold the rights of the oppressed and the destitute. Rescue the poor and helpless; deliver them from the grasp of evil people" (Psalm 82:3-4). â€¢ Ask God how you can help the orphans in your city or region. "Leave [a portion of your crops] for the foreigners, orphans, and widows. Then the Lord your God will bless you in all you do" (Deuteronomy 24:19).
Remember, "Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you" (James 1:27). , Roxanne Robbins, Our Daily Journey
CLICK HERE to visit OurDailyJourney.org
- Memorials - How could you memorialize something God has done for you this week?...read more
- Sound Sensitive - Just as with Samuel, may we know the presence of God throughout the day....read more
- Rich in Good Works - How can you encourage other believers in Jesus to “be rich in good works”?...read more
- What Sets Us Free - Do you ever try to earn points with God?...read more
- Washed - In what ways is God calling you to visibly represent Him to someone else?...read more
- Sweet Music - What things have you been trying to handle without prayer?...read more
- Laughter - How do joy and laughter reveal the heart of God?...read more
- Powerful Patience - How can you trust God more even as you wait on Him?...read more
- Overwhelmed - What has sunk your spirits today?...read more
- Greater - How does the knowledge that God is greater than our storms impact the way you feel?...read more
- Voice of Reason - How do you respond to the rage of others?...read more
- Source of Truth - What does Scripture reveal about the issues on your mind today?...read more
- Little Things - Do you measure yourself and others according to God’s standards or the world’s?...read more
- Jesus the Reconciler - What does it add to your understanding of the cross to recognize that Jesus was enacting your reconciliation with God?...read more
- Tasting Heaven - How can you echo God’s future banquet by inviting diverse guests to your dinner parties?...read more
- Possible - What does it mean for you to know that Jesus is your Shepherd?...read more