Spiritual StrugglesWhen you struggle spiritually, how do you react?
Top Music Videos
In July 2001, a few friends and I embarked on a long-anticipated rim-to-rim Grand Canyon hike. But our great adventure ended after only one day. We made it to the canyon floor, but due to the stifling heat (127Â°F) and dehydration we couldn't finish. After sleeping a few hours, we began our trek back up the narrow ledge trail at 2:00 a.m. The experience of hiking in pitch-black darkness was harrowing. With just one headlamp, we could see only a few feet in front of us. We made it out by following the one who was leading, taking small steps as our meager light allowed.
Our experience reminds me of how Jesus repeatedly invited people to join Him in His life and work. When Jesus encountered Philip in Galilee, He simply said, "Follow Me" (v.43). And to Simon Peter and Andrew: "Follow Me" (Matthew 4:19). And to the rich young man: "Follow Me" (Matthew 19:21). To the tax collector, to the beggars along the road, to rulers, to servants, to the rich and the poor, one word stands out: "Follow."
It's the same for us. While obedience to, and friendship with, God takes many forms, the central theme is this: Follow. Simply follow. Our prime responsibility in our spiritual journey is not to craft grand plans or muster up sincere commitment or to work hard to discern all God might be up to. Our crucial responsibility is to pay attention to whatever light (large or small) God provides, and to simply take the next step.
When we follow, we're dependent on the one we are following. We don't fret about the long stretch ahead. We don't harbor regrets over what took place during the miles behind us. We don't focus on things that don't really matter. We simply follow. Follow Jesus today. , Winn Collier, Our Daily Journey
CLICK HERE to visit OurDailyJourney.org
- Spiritual Struggles - When you struggle spiritually, how do you react?...read more
- Happy Ascension Day - What’s one way you can celebrate the ascension of Jesus Christ today?...read more
- Mixed Bag - Are there any blind spots in your life?...read more
- All We Need - How might you trust God for the bounty He alone can provide?...read more
- Simple Things - What simple pleasures can you rediscover with God today?...read more
- Thirsty? - How has God provided our identity and significance in Jesus?...read more
- Freedom from Stress - How can loving and obeying God help you to find the peace He has promised His children?...read more
- Portrait of Jesus - What did Jesus endure for you?...read more
- Slow Learners - What are you struggling to understand in your faith journey with Jesus?...read more
- The Same God - Why would it be wrong for God to not deal with sin in such a serious way?...read more
- In Jesus’ Love - What Scripture verses have been most encouraging to you?...read more
- Don’t Hesitate - How can you become more confident in sharing your faith?...read more
- Broken Instruments - Has anyone ever paid the cost of fixing something you’ve broken or destroyed?...read more
- True Sacrifice - How can you better remind yourself of your great wealth in Christ?...read more
- Jesus and the Junk - What are you trying to hide from God and others?...read more
- Changing Our Tune - What angers you today and why?...read more