Are You Proud of Me?God loves us and is proud to call us His children.
Top Christian Music Videos
Other seed fell among thorns that grew up with it and choked out the
tender plants (v.7).
A few years ago, I wrote about three street kids—
Saddam, Moses, and Charles. At the time, I had
helped lead them to a Christian home for children
who had no other place to live. I thought the boys would
be elated to leave their life of extreme suffering behind.
But after only one month in his new environment, Saddam
called to tell me that Charles, age 11, had run away.
To help me understand why Charles preferred the
streets, Saddam explained that 2 years earlier the
orphaned boy had been coerced into a child prostitution
ring where he could make 500 Ugandan shillings (about
25 cents US) each time he let someone sexually abuse
him. Refusing to give up on Charles, I solicited help from
the local police and from an organization that helps
rescue children from commercial sexual exploitation.
Sadly, our efforts were in vain as Charles chose to
continue down his familiar, treacherous path.
A mere child, Charles epitomizes 1 Timothy 6:10, which
says, “For the love of money is the root of all kinds of evil.
And some people, craving money, have wandered from
the true faith and pierced themselves with many sorrows.”
Though it was evil men who lured the vulnerable Charles
into the trade, it was Charles who let the equivalent of 25
cents tempt him to wander from faith and safety. He chose
to return to a place that will ultimately bring him sorrow
Getting a child out of a life-threatening situation is sometimes the simplest
part. It’s helping him to heal and press on in his new life that is often the biggest
Today, pray for children around the world who are struggling to overcome
a difficult past. May they be like seeds that fall on fertile soil—growing in God
Take a moment and pray Ephesians 3:17 for children coming from
abusive backgrounds: “Then Christ will make His home in your hearts
as you trust in Him. Your roots will grow down into God’s love and keep you
- Are You Proud of Me? - God loves us and is proud to call us His children....read more
- View from a Distance - Why is it easy to lose sight of the future God has promised you?...read more
- Based on a True Story - What restoration has God brought to your life?...read more
- New Beginnings - How has God equipped you to follow Him?...read more
- What's Important - How has God been training you lately?...read more
- Choosing to Forget - What painful memory is holding you back from peace with God?...read more
- Not about Fame - How has Jesus changed your life?...read more
- Faithful and True - What experiences have shaped your understanding of what it means to be faithful?...read more
- Living Houses of Prayer - What does it mean for you to be a living house of prayer?...read more
- Test of Courage - Read Proverbs 21:30-31 to see how true success depends on God....read more
- Calling on the Air - In what ways have you called on God for direction ?...read more
- Only the Beginning - What hope has God brought you today?...read more
- Disciplined for Freedom - Praise God and display your gratitude to Him today!...read more
- What Will We Become? - What does it mean for you to be God’s masterpiece?...read more
- Taking the Hate - Which portions of the Bible trouble you the most?...read more
- Not a Distant God - Read Romans 8:31-39 to be reminded of the intimate love God has for us....read more